AussieTexas

Assistance with Expediting EAD

60 posts in this topic

Filed: L-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yah sorry, if your congressman got that response was accepted.

If you got it directly means rejected very likely. The Tier1/Tier2 officer who saw your case and wrote notes of what you said on the phone probably assumed youll get your work visa renewed or wont get fired. So they are not giving a chance to fax evidence, you can call and double check this as suggested.

Congressman/Senator requests are to another department in USCIS not officers we can see. 

Time to up the ante call and see congressman submitted. Or just go directly to Senator for help, USCIS needs to understand you at risk of being fired and financial loss.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
9 minutes ago, A&H2018 said:

Yah sorry, if your congressman got that response was accepted.

If you got it directly means rejected very likely. The Tier1/Tier2 officer who saw your case and wrote notes of what you said on the phone probably assumed youll get your work visa renewed or wont get fired. So they are not giving a chance to fax evidence, you can call and double check this as suggested.

Congressman/Senator requests are to another department in USCIS not officers we can see. 

Time to up the ante call and see congressman submitted. Or just go directly to Senator for help, USCIS needs to understand you at risk of being fired and financial loss.

Thats the response I got directly, not through whom I was in contact with at my congressmans office. 

Ill call back USCIS then, see if I can get what I need (the fax number and such) And should I also re-contact who I was in interacting at my congressmens office and inform them of this?

Also, is the ombudsman worth going through now as well?

Edited by AussieTexas

Timeline

Truly I would not tell the senator/congressman you trying to expedite yourself. Just let them do their thing and explain how to them you will get fired and want to keep working they may put your case delayed versus others. Only if they really seem to not care or suggest do it yourself and they are busy, would I say "I tried to expeite to USCIS directly and they rejected my request without a chance to give evidence" guess you need to feel out the rep you speak to and how much they care.

Ombudsman gives precedence to people who are "outside of processing time", very likely they will say you are 3 to 5 months from that and give a generic answer. 

Please keep trying and let us know what works, very unfortunate an officer and phone rep did not give you a chance to even explain your case.

Timeline
27 minutes ago, A&H2018 said:

Please keep trying and let us know what works, very unfortunate an officer and phone rep did not give you a chance to even explain your case.

Customer representative I just spoke to on the phone told me that effectively the expedite has been denied because from what sounds like, when I spoke to the customer representative last week and forwarded what I told them to the officer, deemed it was not serious enough for an expedite. Great. And that currently I have one of two things I can do,  I either send a written statement by mail to the National Benefits Center detailing why I need it, or in 5 days from today, I call to request another expedite application.

I can't believe my luck at this point

Edited by AussieTexas

Timeline

Well at least thats confirmed. Yah the T1/T2 phone rep clearly did something wrong or did not ask for full details. It's a brutal process we all been there somewhat. May want to make sure you have all your proof, cover letter etc ready to go now that you push on the Senator to really push for you. Truly a Senator can get it done in 10 days we seen it before just depends if they care enough.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, A&H2018 said:

Well at least thats confirmed. Yah the T1/T2 phone rep clearly did something wrong or did not ask for full details. It's a brutal process we all been there somewhat. May want to make sure you have all your proof, cover letter etc ready to go now that you push on the Senator to really push for you. Truly a Senator can get it done in 10 days we seen it before just depends if they care enough.

Thanks, some solace is appreciated. Is it worth appealing by mail now at this point?

How should I go about prodding my congressmans case worker who I was in contact with on Monday about this? Also, is it worth contacting my Senator as well or just leave it atm to my Congressional Rep?

Timeline
Just now, AussieTexas said:

Thanks, some solace is appreciated. Is it worth appealing by mail now at this point?

How should I go about prodding my congressmans case worker who I was in contact with on Monday about this? Also, is it worth contacting my Senator as well or just leave it atm to my Congressional Rep?

I did one myself, contacted congressman, contacted senator. My own took forever to get the mail to send evidence. My senator asked about it and when I called 7-10 days later said they would inquire, my congressman worked on it a couple times. I truly think Senator had most weight even doing the least work. 

Just ask you congressmans rep, did they submit it yet? did they get contact back from USCIS? do they need any more evidence?

Yes mailing it which lots of people do cause the fax is EFF'd anyways could work as well, but it will take time to get there and time to get it opened etc...The senator can send right away in their system.

Timeline
Just now, A&H2018 said:

I did one myself, contacted congressman, contacted senator. My own took forever to get the mail to send evidence. My senator asked about it and when I called 7-10 days later said they would inquire, my congressman worked on it a couple times. I truly think Senator had most weight even doing the least work. 

Just ask you congressmans rep, did they submit it yet? did they get contact back from USCIS? do they need any more evidence?

Yes mailing it which lots of people do cause the fax is EFF'd anyways could work as well, but it will take time to get there and time to get it opened etc...The senator can send right away in their system.

Ill ask my congressmans rep that then, and Ill reach out to my Senator as well. Got not much to loose at this point. Do I mention to my Senator that Ive already been in contact with my Rep or just leave that bit out.

Timeline
17 minutes ago, AussieTexas said:

Ill ask my congressmans rep that then, and Ill reach out to my Senator as well. Got not much to loose at this point. Do I mention to my Senator that Ive already been in contact with my Rep or just leave that bit out.

They will ask or it will be on the privacy form if they care. 1 of 2 my senators was lazy and said "congressman already on your case".

Timeline
2 minutes ago, A&H2018 said:

They will ask or it will be on the privacy form if they care. 1 of 2 my senators was lazy and said "congressman already on your case".

Ok, ill see if thats the response I get from mine. Also my reps case work informed me they sent off the inquiry yesterday morning and would update me if they hear anything.

Timeline

Btw, just wanted thank you to everyone in this thread who has been kind enough to help me out here. Im pretty sure I wouldve already jumped off a bridge if it wasn't for all your advice and help.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

The response was that the request was declined, as far as I am aware there is no limit to the number of requests you can submit.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
52 minutes ago, Boiler said:

The response was that the request was declined, as far as I am aware there is no limit to the number of requests you can submit.

I was informed on that, however I have to wait 5 days from today apparently.

Timeline

So, a potential good news update.

I was contacted by Senator Cornyn (in a written statement signed by himself which surprised me) stating that for him to launch an inquiry to expedite the EAD, I need to provide evidence to show that I fall into the severe financial loss criteria that USCIS states. Which I knew was coming.

The good news is, since this came in the form of a signed written statement from him, this was able to be used to light a fire underneath my HR department and finally actually get me a statement from them saying that indeed my employment is in jeopardy if I dont get the EAD expedited. I love how thats what it took for them to help me.

So now while I wait for them to draft that up, what else would be good evidence to give the Senator to support that? Quite a bit relys on me to stay employed, my wife and I's health insurance is through my work for example as well as me being the main source of income currently.

Edited by AussieTexas

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

If I was writing oit I would be focusing on the impact of you not being able to work to the US Economy, other employees jobs etc etc, would be laying it on thick.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.