5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Good day! 

A couple of quick questions after a moment of rejoicing! Yay!!! Finally some progress on our case! 

Filed/NOA1--March 2017

NOA2-- Sept 2017

Someone suggested it might hurry our case along if I filed my DS-160, so I did that in January 2018 (prematurely). 

I have JUST received 'Packet 3' INFO from the US Embassy in Montreal. (Yay!!!) 

Question #1-- does the DS-160 have an expiry? Is the one I did in January still 'good'? (All info is still valid) or should I re-submit a new one online? 

Question #2-- what is sufficient to include as my fiance's  'Evidence of Domicile' ?

Question #3-- do I bring his I-134 (affidavit of Support) with me to the interview or does he send that in himself ? 

Thanks for any and all information you can share!! 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

OMG... how did your case take so long to get P3? Did you ever try sending P3 before it was requested or did you just wait? I cant believe you've had your NOA2 since September. You may need an extension from the embassy if you don't already have one. Doesnt your NOA2 expire 4 months after being issued?

DS160 doesnt have an expiry as far as I know.

Domicile can be established with bank accounts, leases, utility bills, state driver's license, tax returns, it's really only an issue if your fiance has been living abroad and not in the States.

You bring I134 to interview with all of the supporting evidence.

Hope the info helps. I'm still blown away that you've waited so long to get anything...

Good luck!

Robin

Timeline

Hi Robin. 

Its been a lesson in patience, that's for sure. We have called, emailed and even had our State congressman enquire on our behalf, only to be informed that our case was sent back (from Montreal Embassy back to USCIS for admin. action) 

We got a notice (our third I-797) on June 6, to reaffirm our previous approval (our NOA expiry date was extended at that time, to Oct '18) and things are back on track now. 

We may never know why our case hit a snag, but happy it's moving in the right direction again.

Thanks very much for your response, I'm thankful for your opinion/answers when internet searches and phone calls to USCIS have been no help at all. 

😊

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Holy wow! I'm so sorry you've had so much trouble, but I'm really glad to hear you're back on track! I think August appointments have all been booked for K1 interviews in Montreal, so once you send P3 and get P4 back informing you to book your interview on the AIS site, be patient and check OFTEN for interview dates in September to open up again. I am positive you'll get P4 back quickly, so watch that site like a hawk.

Interview dates have opened up on the 29th the last two months, but the 29th is a Sunday in July, so it might be slightly before or after that date this month.

Wishing you tons of luck! Keep us posted <3

R

Timeline

Robin! 

Ive been looking over my copy of my previously filed DS-160 and realize I need to edit (re-do/resubmit) as my 'expected travel date has passed! 

One other question stands out and I hope you (OR ANYONE ELSE!!) can answer this for me: 

Hold a US licence? NO

Ever been issued a Visa? NO

Ever been refused a Visa? NO

(ok, here's the stumper...)

**** Has anyone ever filed an immigrant petition on your behalf with the USCIS?  

Do they mean previous to my fiancé applying THIS time?  Is the answer YES or NO??!!

I know one incorrect answer can send me out of the interview, I'm sure you know I'm leery about making an error at this point! 

Thanks for any info you can provide. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.