Greenbaum

July 2018 NOA2 ----> NVC

1,892 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Lebanon
Timeline
58 minutes ago, Suny & LeLe said:

So does that mean we are gonna wait for the next batch to be sent...September 4? 😥

I’ve seen some get in transit between the 2 weeks(not many of them but hey who knows). You never know

AOS/EAD/AP ->: 11/29/18 - NOA1: 12/04/18

Biometric NOA:  12/14/18  Biometric Appt: 12/26/18

Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview: 1/16/19

EAD/AP approval: 3/18/19

AOS Interview Appt: 6/4/19

AOS Interview: 7/10/19

AOS Approved: 7/23/19

GREEN CARD IN HAND: 7/26/19

"It's true, we don't have it as easy as ordinary couples. But this is no ordinary love"

Copying this from a seperate thread I made:

Long story short, two joint sponsors (one after the other) who at first were both super excited they can help, decited that it was too risky for them to go through with it, and while my fiancee is quite dissapointed at that fact, we respect their decidions and will proceed alone, as much as we can.

So our situation currently stands like this:

Going by fiances last years income, he was at 123% of the povery guideline, and while certanly not ideal, technically it should be enough for the interview (and just short of the 125% needed for AOS)

A litter over a  month before the interview date, he started working a new job with a bit better pay and way more hours, and is on track to make over 170% of the poverty guildeline this year with it.

Three months before the interview he started working as a freelance writer, and has a contract now that pays him a certain ammount every month (the contract is good for 6 months and should be extended longer once it expires),  if we add the 6 month contract to this years projected earnings, he will be over 200% of the povery guideline.

While I am aware that they are looking for the USC income, my plan is to bring a bank statement of my own to show savings (of over 10k$) and a letter showing I bought a studio apartment last year that I am now renting out (and plan on selling before we file AOS, to boost our savings), I know this may mean nothing, but I'm kinda just grasping at straws at this point.

Our plan is to go to the interview together and hope for the best, if we get approved, we want to wait at least two months before filing for AOS, to show that the jobs are more permanent even through they are recent.

My biggest concern is his last years income, we want to do everything and anything we can to help with the AOS process (if we even get there) by showing steady employment and a nice chunk of savings.

I apologize for going so much into detail, but after learning today that we are out of a second joint sponsor, my brain is working overtime trying to figure out how to best approach the situation, and you guys on VJ have been invaluable with your wizdom so far in the process.

event.png

event.png

event.png

1 hour ago, NIkandDonnie said:

Copying this from a seperate thread I made:

Long story short, two joint sponsors (one after the other) who at first were both super excited they can help, decited that it was too risky for them to go through with it, and while my fiancee is quite dissapointed at that fact, we respect their decidions and will proceed alone, as much as we can.

So our situation currently stands like this:

Going by fiances last years income, he was at 123% of the povery guideline, and while certanly not ideal, technically it should be enough for the interview (and just short of the 125% needed for AOS)

A litter over a  month before the interview date, he started working a new job with a bit better pay and way more hours, and is on track to make over 170% of the poverty guildeline this year with it....

This is all you need. You don't need to do more. They will not take your savings or your condo in consideration. Everything must be provided (even though you will probably be working) by the Petitionary.

Once you can show that you are over 125% nothing matters after that. Your done! You have met their requirements.

You are required to complete Form I-134. If the income reported on this form or your tax return reflects income below the poverty guidelines for the year the form was submitted, submit evidence of your income. This can include the following documents:

• For those who are employed by an individual or company, submit a photocopy of an employment letter, pay stub, or pay advance (direct-deposit receipt) that meets the criteria below:
    • Includes your name and the company’s name;
    • Is on signed, business letterhead (you cannot sign the letter yourself); and
    • Is issued within the last three months.
  • For those who are self-employed, obtain a photocopy of one of the following:
    • Your business license.
    • A signed letter on business letterhead that was written within in the last three months.
    • A contract between you as an independent contractor and a company.
  • For those who are unemployed or retired, submit a photocopy of ongoing income from other means, such as:
    • retirement benefits;
    • other household members' income; or
    • other significant assets.

EVIDENCE OF SUPPORT. You should be able to demonstrate that you will not become a public charge or be a burden on the U.S. taxpayers for financial support. A completed I-134 Affidavit of Support Form K1/K2 Interview Preparation Instructions – English (February 2014)  Page 3 of 9 with original signature will be useful to the consular officer to evaluate your petitioner’s ability to be financially responsible for you. You should also submit your petitioner’s most recent U.S. Federal income tax return (Form 1040) and wage statements (Form W-2). Employment letters stating salaries and bank statements may be included to substantiate the I-134.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

1 hour ago, Eddie&Norie said:

I got my case number and the first three letters are RID, I am being told that it should be MNL for Manila. Anyone know what RID means?

the U.S. Embassy in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

2 hours ago, JB yang said:

What to do after receiving NOA2 we already have our case number anyone can help me here?

Many of our answers are predicated on the information you supply in your profile. When we look at the left column and can't determine your timeline or your Embassy it's hard for us to give you a factual answer. If you look at the profile of others here, they have a flag for their country, so it makes it easy for us to reply as we can quickly determine your Embassy. Our answers will sometimes be tailored to a specific Embassy hence the reason for you to complete your profile.

So, if you could help yourself out and complete your profile that sure would help us out when we want to reply to your question with factual information.

Go to the top right of this page select your name (it's on the upper right hand corner)>my profile>[below your picture on the right column] edit my profile. Scroll to the bottom and fill in "Immigration Info". There now we can better serve you.

Thanks

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

@Greenbaum Thanks for that, also I always forget to ask this:

When filling out the I-134, in the part of other dependents, it asks if the dependent is wholly or partially dependent, how much of a difference does that make?

event.png

event.png

event.png

Just now, NIkandDonnie said:

@Greenbaum Thanks for that, also I always forget to ask this:

When filling out the I-134, in the part of other dependents, it asks if the dependent is wholly or partially dependent, how much of a difference does that make?

No difference but you should be listed as wholly. (of course your going to work but they want to know when you arrive are you dependent on him. Stupid question but it needs to be answered)

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Just now, Greenbaum said:

No difference but you should be listed as wholly. (of course your going to work but they want to know when you arrive are you dependent on him. Stupid question but it needs to be answered)

Oh wait, I was under the impression that the question was about any other dependents (like children/parents) and not myself.

event.png

event.png

event.png

2 hours ago, stacyt said:

haha now we totally are. Kinda sucks but I just booked my medical today and found out I can pay visa fees any second and they're valid for 1 year. So that way when the docs arrive I won't need to wait a day for the payment to process and can just schedule the interview right away. DS-160 is complete. I'm pretty much ready to go to the interview any second :D

GB's TIP:D: The medical for the interview is good for 6 months. For AOS the same medical is good for 1 year. Your validity of your visa is based on the medical date so don't get the medical done to far out from your interview or you will have less time after the visa is issued to be on US soil.

1 minute ago, NIkandDonnie said:

Oh wait, I was under the impression that the question was about any other dependents (like children/parents) and not myself.

what question number is it? I need to look at it as I haven't filled one of those in some time now.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

@Greenbaum It's in the part 3. other information about the sponsor, question 10 (10a 10b 10c) and the question 13 asks about the wholly or partially dependent.

event.png

event.png

event.png

@Eddie&Norie I don't know if you have all the information to finish processing at USEM but I will give it again. Now that you have your case number you should be asking questions now over in the sub-forum for the Philippines. Experts there to help you.

Once you receive your case number it's time to be in charge of what time you choose when things get down. To smooth that trail for your I have a few things that will help you process your visa there in the Philippines.

Start by visiting Hanks site where he has taken the time and research, and of course it helps if you spent 8 plus years helping folks in the Philippines sub-forum get their visas, where he has listed each step. With those steps he includes the what, when and why to completing the item. Many have used the website and have had little or NO problems securing a visa from USEM.

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/k-1-visa-application.html

Next you'll want to connect with those who are processing through the Philippines in the VJ Philippines sub-forum that way you will be with like minded ppl who are sharing their experiences and also asking and answering questions. Since most in this thread are processing through another country they would be hard pressed to explain what is needed for the Philippines.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

You'll find this on Hank's website but I will give it to you early and that is the Packet 3 Letter for USEM. It's found here:

https://ph.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee-visa/the-interview/

Here is the Packet 3 letter.

https://ph.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/82/2016/08/K1-and-K2-Applicant-Interview-Preparation-Instructions-08112016-English-336KB.pdf

There you have it. Everything you need to get your visa. Good luck and smooth sailing.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

3 minutes ago, NIkandDonnie said:

@Greenbaum It's in the part 3. other information about the sponsor, question 10 (10a 10b 10c) and the question 13 asks about the wholly or partially dependent.

That is for the petitioner's dependents if he/she has any who are part of the household.

The whole section on VJ of all example forms are VERY helpful. They show you how to fill out the forms. Use this link for the I-134.

http://www.visajourney.com/examples/Form-I-134.pdf

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

7 minutes ago, NIkandDonnie said:

Do you have information on what to do at the Embassy their in Serbia? If not I can supply some good information.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Just now, Greenbaum said:

Do you have information on what to do at the Embassy their in Serbia? If not I can supply some good information.

Any and all information is more than usefull at this point, thanks!

event.png

event.png

event.png

6 hours ago, JGHH said:

Ok I'm very confused,

Emassy recieved our petition Aug 9th.

Do we need to do anything? We haven't heard anything... My fiance has his medical scheduled but we don't really know else we need to do.  

Will they contact us? Or are we supposed to contact them?

Thanks everyone!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BisN4qiyeYPgm_ZSi_6VRs8XAecvTfIj/view?usp=sharing

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Medical/STK%20-%20Stockholm.pdf

Use both links. First one is Embassy and second is medical instructions.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.