Greenbaum

July 2018 NOA2 ----> NVC

1,892 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, stacyt said:

Do they assign case number the same day they receive the case?

Nope. Can take anywhere from 5 days to 4 weeks and sometime longer. But normal turnaround is 10 business days.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 minute ago, Greenbaum said:

Nope. Can take anywhere from 5 days to 4 weeks and sometime longer. But normal turnaround is 10 business days.

auch. I guess I won't make it into the 21st of August sendout batch then. You have a lot of experience, do you know if they do send cases out to consulates only twice a month and what those dates are?

1 minute ago, stacyt said:

auch. I guess I won't make it into the 21st of August sendout batch then. You have a lot of experience, do you know if they do send cases out to consulates only twice a month and what those dates are?

This is a new procedure for NVC which really only got started the past few months. Seems if I remember someone saying every 2 weeks and that the 21st was the next time. So just add 2 weeks to the 21 st and you'll know the next shipment if you don't make the 21st.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
1 minute ago, Greenbaum said:

This is a new procedure for NVC which really only got started the past few months. Seems if I remember someone saying every 2 weeks and that the 21st was the next time. So just add 2 weeks to the 21 st and you'll know the next shipment if you don't make the 21st.

😭 this means on Sep 4, sooo late ugh

thank you!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
Just now, stacyt said:

thank you!

Don't worry...we could possibly get our NVC case number sometime this week and still make if for the August 21 shipping!

Timeline
Just now, Suny & LeLe said:

Don't worry...we could possibly get our NVC case number sometime this week and still make if for the August 21 shipping!

prayyyyying

9 hours ago, carumanto said:

What if i don't get my Packet 3?

After scheduling my interview, I recevied an email saying I should print out that email and a letter/email the embassy would send me (I belived it's the Packet 3). It's been 2 weeks and I haven't recevid the email/letter.

I'd like to help you but you haven't completed your Embassy and P3 are Embassy specific. I have given the instructions on how to complete. Scroll back through the last few tabs and you will see others that I have asked. I can't help if I don't have all the information and I am trying to help many here so I really don't have the time to look through all your posts and try and figure it out. Once it's changed I think I may have the P3 letter and at least you can get started till you iron out all the kinks to get your visa. :thumbs:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hello people! I'm doing some research and all while waiting to gather all the documents I need for the next steps. Now, I have a few questions and I'm sorry in advance if it's been asked before (I read every single page of this forum and it's very rare for me to skip important information). It's mostly regarding on my embassy/Argentina related. I know there's is a forum/portal for each country but all of the Argentina ones are really outdated since there's not a lot of people from here doing this process, or at least in VJ. 

My questions are: Is there a specific way to schedule my medical (I have both doctor's numbers but with no answer) and how to schedule my interview (a website or in the embassy page?) 

And what if I want my medical to be in late September? Is there a possibility to pick a certain date even though there are spots available? 

Thank you and sorry in advance! Lol 

5 minutes ago, stacyt said:

thank you!

Yeah, this new system does suck. Do you have the information on what you need to do for the interview. This would be a good time to get all that done. You can finish the DS-160 and submit it. If you have the case number you might be able to complete the medical. Do you need any Police Certificates from other country's that you lived in? They take a long time to get sometimes best start early on that.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

2 minutes ago, Jo&Ryan said:

Hello people! I'm doing some research and all while waiting to gather all the documents I need for the next steps. Now, I have a few questions and I'm sorry in advance if it's been asked before (I read every single page of this forum and it's very rare for me to skip important information). It's mostly regarding on my embassy/Argentina related. I know there's is a forum/portal for each country but all of the Argentina ones are really outdated since there's not a lot of people from here doing this process, or at least in VJ. 

My questions are: Is there a specific way to schedule my medical (I have both doctor's numbers but with no answer) and how to schedule my interview (a website or in the embassy page?) 

And what if I want my medical to be in late September? Is there a possibility to pick a certain date even though there are spots available? 

Thank you and sorry in advance! Lol 

I may be repeating myself and you may already have this information but I am assuming you don't have it so....

Here is thee P3 for Argentina:

Next, this is the Argentina US Embassy webpage:

https://ar.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee/am-i-eligible/

This the VJ web portal

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Argentina&cty=Buenos_Aires

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Yeah, this new system does suck. Do you have the information on what you need to do for the interview. This would be a good time to get all that done. You can finish the DS-160 and submit it. If you have the case number you might be able to complete the medical. Do you need any Police Certificates from other country's that you lived in? They take a long time to get sometimes best start early on that.

yup I have all the stuff gathered, waiting for literally 1 more doc that will take my fiance 1 minute to download. I even got a police clearance from China where I lived for a year. Everything is in my drive waiting to be printed and taken to the embassy.

I know already that I will be able to have my medical with only a case number, so that will give me something to do for sure. Can I submit DS without my case number? I'll get right on it! where do I do it? ☺️

Thanks again, you're being sooooo helpful!

Another problem is my lease is up on Sep 7, so I need to figure out somewhere to stay if my visa doesn't come by then, was counting on that (yes Ukrainian embassy has only 2-4 days line for the interview - yaaay). Do you know if expediting with NVC is of any use? And how long it takes to process? My fiance had a surgery last month that takes 6 months to recover, I was thinking maybe we should use it to get it expedited. 

1 minute ago, stacyt said:

yup I have all the stuff gathered, waiting for literally 1 more doc that will take my fiance 1 minute to download. I even got a police clearance from China where I lived for a year. Everything is in my drive waiting to be printed and taken to the embassy.

I know already that I will be able to have my medical with only a case number, so that will give me something to do for sure. Can I submit DS without my case number? I'll get right on it! where do I do it? ☺️

Thanks again, you're being sooooo helpful!

Another problem is my lease is up on Sep 7, so I need to figure out somewhere to stay if my visa doesn't come by then, was counting on that (yes Ukrainian embassy has only 2-4 days line for the interview - yaaay). Do you know if expediting with NVC is of any use? And how long it takes to process? My fiance had a surgery last month that takes 6 months to recover, I was thinking maybe we should use it to get it expedited. 

Yes you can complete the DS-160 now if you like as there is no official start but it does need to be finished prior to the interview. https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/forms/ds-160-online-nonimmigrant-visa-application.html

I would work on temporary living accommodations as it does not look like you will make the 9/7 date. Expediting at this late stage is not an options and the parameters are difficult to meet. This is an old VJ thread on the subject.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

I would work on temporary living accommodations as it does not look like you will make the 9/7 date. Expediting at this late stage is not an options and the parameters are difficult to meet. This is an old VJ thread on the subject.

I hear there's a different process at NVC than USICS?  Something like this: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/609065-nvc-expedite-request-it-really-works/

Edited by stacyt

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
21 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

I may be repeating myself and you may already have this information but I am assuming you don't have it so....

Here is thee P3 for Argentina:

Next, this is the Argentina US Embassy webpage:

https://ar.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee/am-i-eligible/

This the VJ web portal

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Argentina&cty=Buenos_Aires

I'm sorry i made you copy and paste again the same thing but I still can't see the VJ web portal, it's blank to me idk if it's my phone or not 😕 Thank you for replying again!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.