Greenbaum

July 2018 NOA2 ----> NVC

1,892 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Andrew123 said:

Hello, today My NVC case  changed it into ‘in transit’ status as they sent it to counselor office. 

Quick question regarding i-134,

I am the petioner, the time when I filed the petition I was employed in IT software company. My project got ended 4 months back so I thought of meeting my fiance back in her country before finding new project in US. Now I am with my fiance since last 4 months and now I am filing i-134 for k1 interview.

That being said:

I am not currently employed.

I have total assests: stocks worth of $120,000, 401k worth of $30,000. Cash saving worth of $30,000 in US financial instution.

Currently I am single and no dependent. My last year income when i filed tax was: $100,000.

Can someone please suggest if I need joint sponser for i-134 or I can file stand alone by just showing my assests. Will that be enough to convience counsler officer?.

thank you

You need the current year 2017 tax transcript or 1040. You need to demonstrate that you have those assets and that they are liquid. Official documents from each asset with the amounts showing will suffice.  Those and along with other documents that they request so refer to your P3 letter.

Here is how they address the assets:

What assets can be used?

Any type of asset can be used if it is readily convertible to cash within a year. Liquid assets, such as savings deposits, stocks, bonds, and certificates of deposit will be viewed most favorably because they would be most accessible for the support of sponsored immigrants. Other assets, such as property, may also be acceptable if they can be sold within a year.

You will probably asked for evidence establishing ownership and the value and location of your assets maybe required. Be prepared to summit information on any liens and/or liabilities relating to these assets. For bank accounts, bank statements for the most recent 12 months, or a letter from the bank stating the date the account was opened, a history of deposits and withdrawals for the past year, and the current balance are needed.

The sponsor may count income that is not subject to taxation (such as a housing allowance), as well as taxable income (such as retirement and/or social security). However the sponsor must prove the nature and the amount of any income if it is not included as wages/salary or other taxable income. Evidence of such income can be shown through notations on the W-2 Form (such as box 13, for military allowances), Form 1099, or other documents that substantiate the claimed income.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

15 hours ago, Jlomartin said:

My fiancé is preparing the i-134 form. He signed it but I told him I will write in the date closer to the interview date.  

How recent does the i-134 form have to be? Or can he date the i-134 for today?

Within 30 to 60 days of the interview will be fine.

10 hours ago, NIkandDonnie said:

I am about to lose my mind.

The serbian embassy schedules k1 interviews themselves, and they scheduled mine intially for august 13th, yesterday I called and email to ask to reschedule, for something between september 3rd and september 15th, so that my fiancee has enough time to book a flight, gather his supporting documents and accompany me to the interview like we have planned.

This morning I got an email they have resheduled my interview for August 10th... I have just called them and was told I have to call back after 3pm, and sent them another email, I dont know what to do, my fiancee is supposed to bring all his supporting documents + documents for our joint sponsor, and now I won't even have those ready in time.

I dont know what to do

All documents can be scanned and emailed to you. Nothing needs to be original at this time. But I see your interview was reschedule so he can be with you and the documents. :thumbs:

"A signature is valid even if the original signature is later photocopied, scanned, faxed, or similarly reproduced. Regardless of how it is transmitted to USCIS, the copy must be of an original document containing a handwritten, ink signature, unless regulations or the form instructions state otherwise. USCIS will not accept signatures created by a typewriter, word processor, stamp, auto-pen, or similar device."

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Outreach/Draft%20Memorandum%20for%20Comment/PED_SignatureRequirementPM.pdf

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

18 hours ago, angelou said:

Got our case no. Just today!!! Approved date July 23! Waited 16 days including Saturday and Sunday

Once you receive your case number it's time to be in charge of what time you choose when things get down. To smooth that trail for your I have a few things that will help you process your visa there in the Philippines.

Start by visiting Hanks site where he has taken the time and research, and of course it helps if you spent 8 plus years helping folks in the Philippines sub-forum get their visas, where he has listed each step. With those steps he includes the what, when and why to completing the item. Many have used the website and have had little or NO problems securing a visa from USEM.

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/k-1-visa-application.html

Next you'll want to connect with those who are processing through the Philippines in the VJ Philippines sub-forum that way you will be with like minded ppl who are sharing their experiences and also asking and answering questions. Since most in this thread are processing through another country they would be hard pressed to explain what is needed for the Philippines.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

You'll find this on Hank's website but I will give it to you early and that is the Packet 3 Letter for USEM. It's found here:

https://ph.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee-visa/the-interview/

Here is the Packet 3 letter.

https://ph.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/82/2016/08/K1-and-K2-Applicant-Interview-Preparation-Instructions-08112016-English-336KB.pdf

There you have it. Everything you need to get your visa. Good luck and smooth sailing.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

20 hours ago, Amanda and Camila said:

Got our "in transit" email today! I see a lot of others have too, I'm so excited for us!

Your on your way. Something to help you out before you hear from the Embassy.

There is a group over in the sub forum for your country that would be a good place for you to have available to ask you questions that are specific to Brazil found here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/96-mexico-latin-south-america/

And here is some information to get you on your way in preparing for your interview from your Embassy https://br.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee/the-interview-2/

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Just relaying my timeline here.  NOA2 hard copy dated July 24 (website indicated 7/25).  NVC acknowledged over the phone it was received today (August 8).  Looking at other timelines here it seems a good number of folks get their case number the following day after NVC receipt.  Hoping for the same.

Just now, mdterp301 said:

Just relaying my timeline here.  NOA2 hard copy dated July 24 (website indicated 7/25).  NVC acknowledged over the phone it was received today (August 8).  Looking at other timelines here it seems a good number of folks get their case number the following day after NVC receipt.  Hoping for the same.

I hope you saw the information that I shared with @angelou for processing through USEM once you have your case number. It will save you about a month in waiting time which means you will be complete sooner then you think.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
2 minutes ago, mdterp301 said:

Also note, people here figured out the pattern for when cases go into transit. If you get your case number soon there is a good chance your case will be in transit 8/21/2018. The NVC seems to mail out cases every two weeks.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

I hope you saw the information that I shared with @angelou for processing through USEM once you have your case number. It will save you about a month in waiting time which means you will be complete sooner then you think.

Yes I did and thank you.  I actually have gone through all of that info the last several weeks.  It's super helpful.

The only issue I have at this point is reconciling why my fiance has two different birth certificates with different birth dates (her official has an October 1987 date and somehow there is another birth certificate from her home town with a Feb 1988 date).  Might be an issue as her CENOMAR certificate has the 1988 date and doesn't match her official birth certificate.  I"ll put this post in the Philippines subforum as well.

18 minutes ago, mdterp301 said:

Yes I did and thank you.  I actually have gone through all of that info the last several weeks.  It's super helpful.

The only issue I have at this point is reconciling why my fiance has two different birth certificates with different birth dates (her official has an October 1987 date and somehow there is another birth certificate from her home town with a Feb 1988 date).  Might be an issue as her CENOMAR certificate has the 1988 date and doesn't match her official birth certificate.  I"ll put this post in the Philippines subforum as well.

Get the "official birth Certificate" that shows Oct 87 date and update both the local register and PSA. It's going to take some time so better to start asap. You may receive an RFE at the interview until such time that this is straighten out. Just my though. Check with Hank_ over in the PHL sub-forum he might think there is another way.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Does anyone have any issue filling out the DS160? My fiance told me it seems to say "session time out" every page and he can't seem to figure out why...updated his browser, javascript and all that to the latest version but still running into problems. Does anyone else have the same experience? Should we contact the embassy for this? Not sure what to do..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
11 minutes ago, nj2202 said:

Does anyone have any issue filling out the DS160? My fiance told me it seems to say "session time out" every page and he can't seem to figure out why.

The DS160 website is very "picky".   I was having trouble using Safari on a MacBook and switched to using the Edge browser which is part of Windows 10 on a PC.    My recommendation is to try a different web browser until you find one that works.

Out of curiosity, which browser is he using?

Edited by JoelThai

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
9 hours ago, JennaL said:

I've been messing around with this too - saw Togo as well, but haven't seen mine pop up yet. It changed to In Transit yesterday, and is still the same today. Could mean it was sent electronically I suppose. I guess we'll find out when we find out, but it's fun in the meantime to try and guess and get info ahead of time :) 

Looks like mine was sent electronically. Status changed to ready earlier today :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
37 minutes ago, JoelThai said:

The DS160 website is very "picky".   I was having trouble using Safari on a MacBook and switched to using the Edge browser which is part of Windows 10 on a PC.    My recommendation is to try a different web browser until you find one that works.

This may be similar to the IRS website issue. Safari on MacOS and iOS do not work to get tax transcripts online. We used Chrome for both tax transcipts and DS-160 and had no issues.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Norway
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Alex876 said:

Looks like mine was sent electronically. Status changed to ready earlier today :)

Awesome! I just checked DHL again and see a shipment was sent out to my embassy and scheduled for Friday delivery. Hope it’s mine that was sent off and we can all get to the interview stage soon! 

I-129F Sent: 12/29/17

I-129F NOA 1: 1/4/18

I-129F NOA 2: 7/9/18

NVC Received: 7/18/18

Consulate Received: 8/9/18

Packet 3 Received: 8/13/18

Interview Date: 9/20/18

Interview Result: Administrative Processing

*Visitor's visa interview: December 2016, called back by embassy for second interview on same visa application in January 2019 - visitor's visa finally issued May 2019.

*Fiance visa placed in administrative processing September 2018. 

*Beneficiary's Country: Norway via Iran.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
1 hour ago, JoelThai said:

thanks for your suggestion! he tried chrome and then IE on windows 8 (he doesnt have windows 10) , he will be trying it on firefox later today. Hopefully it works...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.