Greenbaum

July 2018 NOA2 ----> NVC

1,892 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Little_Vixen said:

They are referring to he case being sent from the NVC to the embassy/consulate. After the embassy receives your case (be it digital or analog) you will be sent your P3 instructions. Depending on the embassy this can be through email, through mail, or both. I had them through both email and regular mail.

I am aware they are referring to the NVC to embassy/consults phase.  

My fiancé received an email yesterday addressed to me (beneficiary) stating they are forwarding it to Montreal U.S. consulate and it can take several weeks for the process.  It then says what steps to take next and how to prepare for the interview.

So are you saying we should also receive an official letter in the mail exactly like that? But an original?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
1 minute ago, Jlomartin said:

I am aware they are referring to the NVC to embassy/consults phase.  

My fiancé received an email yesterday addressed to me (beneficiary) stating they are forwarding it to Montreal U.S. consulate and it can take several weeks for the process.  It then says what steps to take next and how to prepare for the interview.

So are you saying we should also receive an official letter in the mail exactly like that? But an original?

Ah ok, now I understand your question. Sorry. No you will not get a regular letter. At least, my fiancé never got one, just the email.

Your fiancé will get a letter or email (or both) from the consulate/embassy once it's there.

06.01.2016 met online                                                                    

06.23.2017 met in person                                                              

12.16.2017 got engaged

K1 fiance visa

12.20.2017 K1 filed

12.22.2017 NOA-1

07.10.2018 NOA-2 (200 days)

07.18.2018 case at NVC (case number available on 07.20)

7.26.2018 case at Amsterdam Consulate

7.27-2018 P3 through e-mail

08.02.2018 medical

08.14.2018 interview APPROVED 

08.21.2018 POE

08.25.2018 💕Married 💕

AOS adjustment of status and AP/EAD 

08.27.2018 filed AOS, AP and EAD

08.30.2018 NOA-1 on all 3

9.21.2018 RFE on AOS

9.28.2018 replied to RFE

10.04.2018 biometrics appointment Louisville

11.29.2018 AOS interview Indianapolis  

01.28.2019 AOS approved

ROC removal of conditions

12.7.2020 filed ROC 

1.30.2021 NOA-1

5.28.2021 existing biometrics applied (no new biometrics done)

10.27.2021 ROC approved (no interview)

Check your case status: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov

Call USCIS: 800-375-5283 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Little_Vixen said:

Ah ok, now I understand your question. Sorry. No you will not get a regular letter. At least, my fiancé never got one, just the email.

Your fiancé will get a letter or email (or both) from the consulate/embassy once it's there.

Oh okay! Thaaaaanks! Sorry for an confusion.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
5 hours ago, Andrew123 said:

I am not currently employed.

I have total assests: stocks worth of $120,000, 401k worth of $30,000. Cash saving worth of $30,000 in US financial instution.

Currently I am single and no dependent. My last year income when i filed tax was: $100,000.

Can someone please suggest if I need joint sponser for i-134 or I can file stand alone by just showing my assests.

It sounds like you will be fine.   I suggest you include both your tax transcripts and documentation of your assets.  You may want to review with the India subform to see if you can find details for Nepal, or if your Embassy gives specific details for their requirements for the meeting the Poverty Guidelines.  But some Embassys will accept documentation of assets.

Only showing assets that meet 5 times the 125% of poverty guidance should be adequate.  That combined with your tax transcripts should put you over the top.   Both assets and income can be combined and documented on the I-134.   The important thing is to meed the 125% of guidance as appropriate for the number of dependents you have.    (Note, some embassies will accept assets of 3x to meet the poverty guideline, but technically, for a non-emigrant K1 visa 5 x is the proper amount.

The instructions for the I-134 explain how to document your assets.  (Hint:  you are asked to obtain a letter from the officer of the bank showing  when the account was opened, current balance, and the amount of deposits made in the last year.

Here is a link to the 2018 Poverty guideline numbers.

https://www.acf.hhs.gov/sites/default/files/ocs/2018_hhs_poverty_guidelines.pdf

Here is an example:

So, lets say you currently have no dependants.   You live alone and have no children or parents that depend on your income.   It will only be you and your Fianceé (future wife).  She will become your dependent in this scenario.   To meet the requirement of 125%, you will need to prove an income of $20575  as your household size will be two.  (if you have defendants, use the chart to determine the amount appropriate.)

If you do not earn the $20,575, some embassies allow you to make up the difference with liquid assets (ie bank deposits, stocks, bonds, etc)

So for a simple example, lets say your yearly income is $10575, falling short by $10,000.   You can make up the difference by showing $50,000 in liquid assets ($10,000 x 5)

If you are not able to do that, some embassies allow for a co-sponsor who can demonstrate the 125% amount.   I am not sure if the Embassy in Vietnam allow or not.  The Bangkok embassy does not.

Edited by JoelThai

So, after the scare this morning, our interview is officially scheduled for September 10th! 🤗

Also just booked fiances plane ticket to Belgrade, since he will be going with me to the interview (and we will take that opportunity to spend some quality time together, after not seeing eachother since April 2017), plus we got a very cozy Airbnb in the city center, so I can show him all the interesting sports we missed when he was here back in 2016.

So excited that this first big part of our whole immigration process has an end date.

event.png

event.png

event.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
3 hours ago, philipk1 said:

I tried for Colombia and didn’t see anything. If you leave the country part blank you can however see packages leaving the NVC to various countries.

Not seeing any for Jamaica either. I do see lots of other countries though.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
8 hours ago, TogoAfrica said:

Our case is in transit also.....as of yesterday August 7. So I decided to try someone else’s theory on seeing if NVC sent is electronically or through DHL.

this is what I did

www.DHL.com 

Express checking

Track by shippers reference 

Then fill it out...so for example this is what I did

Shippers reference is August 7, 2018

Date range for shipment, I choice days around the 7th 

Account number leave blank 

Shipment destination choose your country. 

It seems this this theory has worked for several and they could track their package to the embassy. Well I did this and I’m coming up with nothing for Togo. So it means maybe they send it electronically or.....maybe it’s to early to do this theory. I will wait a few days and do it again, unless I see at embassy...which means they did it electronically. Any one else try this idea yet? 

Just tried this. I see one package heading for Togo. The shippers reference I used is EXP 07 AUG 2018A

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Norway
Timeline
33 minutes ago, Alex876 said:

Just tried this. I see one package heading for Togo. The shippers reference I used is EXP 07 AUG 2018A

I've been messing around with this too - saw Togo as well, but haven't seen mine pop up yet. It changed to In Transit yesterday, and is still the same today. Could mean it was sent electronically I suppose. I guess we'll find out when we find out, but it's fun in the meantime to try and guess and get info ahead of time :) 

I-129F Sent: 12/29/17

I-129F NOA 1: 1/4/18

I-129F NOA 2: 7/9/18

NVC Received: 7/18/18

Consulate Received: 8/9/18

Packet 3 Received: 8/13/18

Interview Date: 9/20/18

Interview Result: Administrative Processing

*Visitor's visa interview: December 2016, called back by embassy for second interview on same visa application in January 2019 - visitor's visa finally issued May 2019.

*Fiance visa placed in administrative processing September 2018. 

*Beneficiary's Country: Norway via Iran.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
32 minutes ago, Alex876 said:

Also a bit tricky is the date format for the search range is DD MM YYYY.   It took me a few trys to get it correct.

I used :

Shippers Reference -   EXP 07 AUG 2018A

Date Range for Shipment - From 07 08 2017

Date Range for Shipment - To.     08 08 2017

It also looks like the DHL info is still being updated, so if it is not working for you today, try again tomorrow.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Problem looks to be solved! was able to pay the fee and am now waiting for that to clear so I can book a new interview. Looks like that will be the 21st in stead of the 14th though. 😢

06.01.2016 met online                                                                    

06.23.2017 met in person                                                              

12.16.2017 got engaged

K1 fiance visa

12.20.2017 K1 filed

12.22.2017 NOA-1

07.10.2018 NOA-2 (200 days)

07.18.2018 case at NVC (case number available on 07.20)

7.26.2018 case at Amsterdam Consulate

7.27-2018 P3 through e-mail

08.02.2018 medical

08.14.2018 interview APPROVED 

08.21.2018 POE

08.25.2018 💕Married 💕

AOS adjustment of status and AP/EAD 

08.27.2018 filed AOS, AP and EAD

08.30.2018 NOA-1 on all 3

9.21.2018 RFE on AOS

9.28.2018 replied to RFE

10.04.2018 biometrics appointment Louisville

11.29.2018 AOS interview Indianapolis  

01.28.2019 AOS approved

ROC removal of conditions

12.7.2020 filed ROC 

1.30.2021 NOA-1

5.28.2021 existing biometrics applied (no new biometrics done)

10.27.2021 ROC approved (no interview)

Check your case status: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov

Call USCIS: 800-375-5283 

6 minutes ago, Little_Vixen said:

Problem looks to be solved! was able to pay the fee and am now waiting for that to clear so I can book a new interview. Looks like that will be the 21st in stead of the 14th though. 😢

:dance::dance::dance: Now I can take a deep breath. So glad this worked out. Are you going to post in your thread what you did? I am curious. :pop:Now back to what I was doing.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

2 hours ago, JoelThai said:

Also a bit tricky is the date format for the search range is DD MM YYYY.   It took me a few trys to get it correct.

I used :

Shippers Reference -   EXP 07 AUG 2018A

Date Range for Shipment - From 07 08 2017

Date Range for Shipment - To.     08 08 2017

It also looks like the DHL info is still being updated, so if it is not working for you today, try again tomorrow.

You have it partially correct. Here is what I have.

Go to www.dhl.com click Express then Tracking, then Track by Shipper's Reference, and on this page you add your search information. You change the day and month to what you think your package might have left NVC or call NVC to get the date your package had left NVC in route to Manila then go to the DHL website and enter the following information:

EXAMPLE:

* Shipper´s Reference : EXP 24 MAR 2011A

* Date range for shipment - From: 23 - 03 - 2011

* Date range for shipment - To: 26 - 03 - 2011

Account Number - Leave this blank

Shipment Destination: Manila / Works for any Country

http://www.dhl.com/en/express/tracking/shippers_reference.html

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

So I’m checking the website for my interview and I can’t manage to find something earlier than the 14th of September for the London embassy. I booked it anyway but I wish I could find an earlier date. Any advice ? 

Im going to keep checking for appointment everyday to see if an earlier slot has been made available. * finger crossed * 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.