Greenbaum

July 2018 NOA2 ----> NVC

1,892 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
1 hour ago, gsdc23 said:

D6F19823-CE6F-45F8-A6AF-48D6BCA6C1C5.thumb.jpeg.0657ae2f0dc36e8d3616e92eaa757120.jpeg

Does anyone else’s “In transit” message say “your interview date was provided to you by the NVC”? What interview date are they referring too? I kinda jumped ahead and booked our interview date for late September (that’s typical for people petitioning in Haiti to do that) after doing the necessary DS-160 steps. Is that the interview date they’re referring to?

All insight is welcomed & much appreciated, thanks in advance! 

I also got same message but I didn’t sign up for interview date. Does anyone knows what it means? Thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
22 minutes ago, Naes said:

It should have reached you when it went to transit. It is an email from NVC comes with an attachment (I think k1-FTP). It usually goes to the petitioner as that is the address stated on the petition.

if this does not reach you, the embassy will send you the package with a copy of it, (in japan it gets to you in about 3 to 10 days) you can schedule it a bit far and then change it if necessary tho.

17 minutes ago, Akiko & Brad said:

Thanks.  I will call the NVC today and see if they can send an email.  (I already checked all my spam filters and it was not there).😐

I just got off the phone with NVC.  They said I will receive an email and it can be delayed 1 or 2 days from when notification is seen on their website (they are probably batched and sent out all at once later).  I verified they had my correct email.  

Now waiting.  I hope it arrives sometime today.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Dyoshida143 said:

I also got same message but I didn’t sign up for interview date. Does anyone knows what it means? Thanks

You can ignore that part of the message.  It is their standard boilerplate verbiage for all types of visas.  The date will be scheduled through your embassy. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Akiko & Brad said:

You can ignore that part of the message.  It is their standard boilerplate verbiage for all types of visas.  The date will be scheduled through your embassy. 

Thank you!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, Dyoshida143 said:

Congrat! We are also in transit. Guess they do send file om Tuesday every two weeks.

Congratulations to you too! 🎉🎉🎉Yes, every two weeks apparently. Its good information for those still waiting 😊.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Can someone refresh my memory.  When it’s “in transit” how long does it usually take till it’s “ready”?

Also, we should disregard the part where it says something about the interview cause that’s for the spousal visa right? We would still book our own interview date?

And at this point is there anything we should do? Like send P3 checklist or anything?

2 hours ago, JoelThai said:

As we are discovering, it looks like many of us are getting switched to "In Transit" today, including myself. 😃  Congratulations to everyone who is received the news.   If your petition has been "At NVC" and you have the Case #, today is a good day to check your status with the NVC Case tracker.    

https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx

For those that are expecting to get an update, but do not see one, do not panic yet.  Sometimes there is "bleed over" of updates onto the next day, so try to be a little more patient.  Check back tonight and again tomorrow if you do not yet see your expected update.

For those whose petitions arrived after late last week (Friday), you will probably be waiting until the 14th for the next batch.   But I think it is a least a little bit easier to wait when you know what to expect, so hopefully that is useful information.

Cheers and see you at the Embassy!   

My case finally changed to “in transit”. 😃 Your theory was correct. Thanks for keeping an eye out. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
On 7/27/2018 at 7:44 AM, xJohnMx said:

Our file took about 4 days to go from "At NVC" to "In Transit"... and then about 2 days to reflect "Ready" status

The Embassy in Indonesia directed us to wait until they e-mail us to do the medical exam

Hey!! Just curious. Did you wait for the embassy to contact you or you contacted them first? They don’t have my fiancé’s email so I was wondering how they can reach out to him...

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
2 hours ago, Akiko & Brad said:

I just got off the phone with NVC.  They said I will receive an email and it can be delayed 1 or 2 days from when notification is seen on their website (they are probably batched and sent out all at once later).  I verified they had my correct email.  

Now waiting.  I hope it arrives sometime today.

Good to know. Japan’s Embassy is still quite fast with sending packet 3 especially for Japanese applicants, so Hope that can reach you fast too.

you can always message me or tag quote me here if you have any questions :) (extremely busy with the wedding at this moment but I’m checking if I have any notifications every day)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Case is also in transit.  This is the email I got from NVC.

K1-FTP

The National Visa Center (NVC) received your fiancé (e)’s/spouse’s approved I-129F petition from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). NVC will now forward the petition to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in Bangkok, Thailand. Please note that the transfer process can take several weeks. The U.S. Embassy or Consulate will contact your fiancé (e)/spouse when they are ready to process his or her petition.

Next steps:

Go to our website http://nvc.state.gov/k1 to learn how to apply for a K visa and prepare for the visa interview.

Please keep the following information for your records:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

I, too, received that email from NVC stating that my case is being sent to my embassy but within that email I see that they totally BOTCHED my fiancé’s first name. They spelled it incorrectly. I called NVC and they said they can’t do anything about that since it’s in transit already. My NOA1/2 has my fiancé’s name spelled correctly all throughout USCIS. I’ve already contacted my embassy as well and sent them an email, just waiting to hear back.

My questions are: Is the incorrect name only in that email or did NVC input all of my info into their system in order to send to the embassy and it’s possible that the packet has this incorrect name all throughout? Don’t USCIS send them the packet electronically? Do you think this is a huge deal or something minor? This is the only time his name has been spelled incorrectly throughout this whole case process.

This is so frustrating, just when things are going smooth, then BAM! Something comes up. The Haitian embassy is already a hassle to get through as it is, Ugh! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

My NOA2 was approved online 7/30 but I haven't received any thing in mail or email yet. I know it's still a little early to expect my case number but are there additional instructions in the mailed NOA2? 

Thanks 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.