Greenbaum

July 2018 NOA2 ----> NVC

1,892 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

D6F19823-CE6F-45F8-A6AF-48D6BCA6C1C5.thumb.jpeg.0657ae2f0dc36e8d3616e92eaa757120.jpeg

Does anyone else’s “In transit” message say “your interview date was provided to you by the NVC”? What interview date are they referring too? I kinda jumped ahead and booked our interview date for late September (that’s typical for people petitioning in Haiti to do that) after doing the necessary DS-160 steps. Is that the interview date they’re referring to?

All insight is welcomed & much appreciated, thanks in advance! 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Norway
Timeline
5 minutes ago, gsdc23 said:

D6F19823-CE6F-45F8-A6AF-48D6BCA6C1C5.thumb.jpeg.0657ae2f0dc36e8d3616e92eaa757120.jpeg

Does anyone else’s “In transit” message say “your interview date was provided to you by the NVC”? What interview date are they referring too? I kinda jumped ahead and booked our interview date for late September (that’s typical for people petitioning in Haiti to do that) after doing the necessary DS-160 steps. Is that the interview date they’re referring to?

All insight is welcomed & much appreciated, thanks in advance! 

Mine says that too, but from what I've heard, that pertains to spousal visas and not fiancé visas - you should still be fine with the date you selected for your interview.

I-129F Sent: 12/29/17

I-129F NOA 1: 1/4/18

I-129F NOA 2: 7/9/18

NVC Received: 7/18/18

Consulate Received: 8/9/18

Packet 3 Received: 8/13/18

Interview Date: 9/20/18

Interview Result: Administrative Processing

*Visitor's visa interview: December 2016, called back by embassy for second interview on same visa application in January 2019 - visitor's visa finally issued May 2019.

*Fiance visa placed in administrative processing September 2018. 

*Beneficiary's Country: Norway via Iran.

I have a question regarding booking the medical. 

I'm sorry if this has already been asked, I've read most of the pages and couldn't see it.

I emailed the NVC last Friday and got a reply today with the new case number but haven't received anything in writing. The email reads: 

This petition is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. You will be notified with further instructions when the processing is complete.  

When I track the case number online it says 'At NVC'.  

I understand that I wait for the P3 to arrive before booking the interview but can I go ahead and book the medical now I have the new case number or does awaiting further instructions mean I will be told when I can do that?

I was going to be patient and wait to receive something in writing for the further instructions but after reading this forum I see there is a long wait for the medical. So if I can get a bit ahead that would be great.

I am doing this process in London if that makes any difference.

Thanks and congratulations to everyone for getting this far! 

Edited by SamMK

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
17 minutes ago, JennaL said:

Mine says that too, but from what I've heard, that pertains to spousal visas and not fiancé visas - you should still be fine with the date you selected for your interview.

Thank you so much! I was worried there for a second 😅

2 minutes ago, SamMK said:

I have a question regarding booking the medical. 

I emailed the NVC last Friday and got a reply today with the new case number but haven't received anything in writing. The email reads: 

This petition is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. You will be notified with further instructions when the processing is complete.  

When I track the case number online it says 'At NVC'.  

I understand that I wait for the P3 to arrive before booking the interview but can I go ahead and book the medical now I have the new case number or does awaiting further instructions mean I will be told when I can do that?

I was going to be patient and wait to receive something in writing for the further instructions but after reading this forum I see there is a long wait for the medical. So if I can get a bit ahead that would be great.

I am doing this process in London if that makes any difference.

Thanks and congratulations to everyone for getting this far! 

You can go ahead and book the medical with just the case number. There is at least a month long wait to get a medical date. You will need to wait until the case tracker says the case has been received by the consulate and is "ready" to book an interview date. You don't need to wait for anything for London you can do everything yourself now :)

3 minutes ago, Luna3716 said:

You can go ahead and book the medical with just the case number. There is at least a month long wait to get a medical date. You will need to wait until the case tracker says the case has been received by the consulate and is "ready" to book an interview date. You don't need to wait for anything for London you can do everything yourself now :)

Thank you so much :) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
1 hour ago, philipk1 said:

Yes we are in Transit as well, you are a genius for figuring out the pattern.

Yes, one of the mysteries of the K1 process uncovered!  :lol:

Timeline
On 7/31/2018 at 10:20 PM, JoelThai said:

An interesting observation....   I am looking at the K1 Fiancé Visa Timeline data here on VJ and it looks like the NVC batches mailing to the Consulates  every two weeks.

I can see large number of users who recorded "NVC Left" on June 26, July 10th and July 24th.   There are a few in between, but only 1 or 2 per day.  But on the batch days I see several dozen recorded.   

So, if your petition is currently "At NVC", such as myself, I believe we will likely leave the NVC on August 7th.

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/k1list.php?cfl=0&op1=c&op2=&op3=1&op4=1&op5=5,6,8,10,11,13,14,15,16,17,18,20,21,22,25,26,27,28,108,110,111,208,210,211&op6=All&op66=All&op7=All&dfile=No&adv=1

As we are discovering, it looks like many of us are getting switched to "In Transit" today, including myself. 😃  Congratulations to everyone who is received the news.   If your petition has been "At NVC" and you have the Case #, today is a good day to check your status with the NVC Case tracker.    

https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx

For those that are expecting to get an update, but do not see one, do not panic yet.  Sometimes there is "bleed over" of updates onto the next day, so try to be a little more patient.  Check back tonight and again tomorrow if you do not yet see your expected update.

For those whose petitions arrived after late last week (Friday), you will probably be waiting until the 14th for the next batch.   But I think it is a least a little bit easier to wait when you know what to expect, so hopefully that is useful information.

Cheers and see you at the Embassy!   

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Status changed today to "In Transit".

I believe I read that the petitioner receives an email that can then be used at Medical in countries that require proof of approval.

I have not received any email and only seen an update on CEAC case tracker.  Should I be expecting an email or does it need to be requested?  Perhaps @Naes knows.  Thanks.

Timeline
On 7/20/2018 at 11:37 PM, Naes said:

@Greenbaum thank you for the tag. (2 more days till poe!)

@Akiko & Brad

Hi

She can schedule medical with the NVC number, I’d suggest giving 10 day in between because she will need to show NVC mail at the medical which is sent in when the case goes to transit (just print it and take it with you), 

Try to check my embassy review for tokyo, I wrote as detailed as I can and tag me if you need anything :) 

We now have the case "In Transit".

Is the NVC mail you reference an email or physical mail item?  Does it come automatically or do I need to request it?  We seem to be ready to schedule medical and I would like to know before she makes the call for the appointment when she gets up tomorrow.

Thanks

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
Just now, Akiko & Brad said:

We now have the case "In Transit".

Is the NVC mail you reference an email or physical mail item?  Does it come automatically or do I need to request it?  We seem to be ready to schedule medical and I would like to know before she makes the call for the appointment when she gets up tomorrow.

Thanks

It should have reached you when it went to transit. It is an email from NVC comes with an attachment (I think k1-FTP). It usually goes to the petitioner as that is the address stated on the petition.

if this does not reach you, the embassy will send you the package with a copy of it, (in japan it gets to you in about 3 to 10 days) you can schedule it a bit far and then change it if necessary tho.

Timeline
24 minutes ago, JoelThai said:

For those whose petitions arrived after late last week (Friday), you will probably be waiting until the 14th for the next batch.   But I think it is a least a little bit easier to wait when you know what to expect, so hopefully that is useful information.

Correction...  My prediction is the next NVC "In Transit" batch will go out on the 21st.   The current process appears to be every 2 weeks.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Naes said:

It should have reached you when it went to transit. It is an email from NVC comes with an attachment (I think k1-FTP). It usually goes to the petitioner as that is the address stated on the petition.

if this does not reach you, the embassy will send you the package with a copy of it, (in japan it gets to you in about 3 to 10 days) you can schedule it a bit far and then change it if necessary tho.

Thanks.  I will call the NVC today and see if they can send an email.  (I already checked all my spam filters and it was not there).😐

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
1 hour ago, Charles_Hannah said:

We are finally "in transit" as well! Awesome prediction @JoelThai! Very happy 😊.

Congrat! We are also in transit. Guess they do send file om Tuesday every two weeks.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.