Greenbaum

July 2018 NOA2 ----> NVC

1,892 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, SMK 89 said:

That works! Thank you :)

It's confusing because during this process in so many different forms they tell us specifically that K1 is a Non-Immigrant Visa, so I just assumed that's what I'd have to select on that forum too. I appreciate your quick response :) !!

The K-1 process is quite strange. For a time, it is both a non immigrant and immigrant visa type. That is why the links send you the process for immigrant which would be the I-864 even though it truly is a non immigrant visa requiring I-134. As you go through the stages, within the NVC system you look up your file under immigrant. It stays that way until after approval and ready for issue. At that point, it changes over to non -immigrant. It truly is a non immigrant visa with immigrant intent

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

3 hours ago, nyaliss said:

I can absolutely work that out, whether it's pics or a PDF. If the stars align maybe some of these steps will occur in line with my visit to Macedonia in October, long shot but still possible. I'm not sure if she'd have access to a scanner but definitely bare minimum I can send pics to you for future reference. 

That would be great. Many who receive the P3 ahead of the Embassy notifying them can shave off 1-4 weeks of waiting. Just send me a PM when you have a copy and I will share my personal email with you, or you can attach to the PM if you want to go in that direction. Either works. Thanks.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

3 hours ago, conarroest said:

Do you need the Ho Chi Minh, VN P3 pdf? 

Thank you for the offer. I have a recent one from someone in another thread. If you don't have a copy now I can send if you do then again, thanks.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

The embassy recieved my mail with the checklist from P3 and the DS-160 confirmation page. 

Should the P4 that is used to schedule the interview come through the mail, or just an email with a link to look at their interview calendar and pay the fee? 

packet3.jpg

event.png

event.png

event.png

1 hour ago, Joulie & Victor said:

within 30 days? hmm i have to look into that.  I prefer to use wet signature, just to be on the safer side.  I don't wanna cause any more delays than there is.  But I have heard some people did scan it so I am sure it will work either way.

here is what i am doing.  I printed the same copy from my I-129f package. both our signatures are on 1 page (that is how I did it, you can do 2 different pages). so I signed my portion without dating it and sent it over there with my brother who was visiting in July(so it's a wet signature). When we schedule our interview, I will have my fiance sign his portion and date it.

My parents are also planning to visit in September(I am hoping my interview will be scheduled by then) I will print and sign it and date it and send it to him with my parents.

"A signature is valid even if the original signature is later photocopied, scanned, faxed, or similarly reproduced. Regardless of how it is transmitted to USCIS, the copy must be of an original document containing a handwritten, ink signature, unless regulations or the form instructions state otherwise. USCIS will not accept signatures created by a typewriter, word processor, stamp, auto-pen, or similar device."

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Outreach/Draft%20Memorandum%20for%20Comment/PED_SignatureRequirementPM.pdf

An old philosopher once said "Why do when do will do". 

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, Greenbaum said:

"A signature is valid even if the original signature is later photocopied, scanned, faxed, or similarly reproduced. Regardless of how it is transmitted to USCIS, the copy must be of an original document containing a handwritten, ink signature, unless regulations or the form instructions state otherwise. USCIS will not accept signatures created by a typewriter, word processor, stamp, auto-pen, or similar device."

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Outreach/Draft%20Memorandum%20for%20Comment/PED_SignatureRequirementPM.pdf

@Greenbaum so it wouldn't be an issue if I was to hand write the date in our letter of intent?  

6 minutes ago, NIkandDonnie said:

The embassy recieved my mail with the checklist from P3 and the DS-160 confirmation page. 

Should the P4 that is used to schedule the interview come through the mail, or just an email with a link to look at their interview calendar and pay the fee? 

Your asking people who have similar questions about their Embassy and chances of them knowing what to do from your Embassy is going to be real slim Try your sub-forum and ask you questions. Here is a link for Serbia

From the Serbia Embassy's website: Interviews are by appointment only! You will receive an appointment when you have submitted your notice of readiness confirming that you have all the required paperwork in your possession. Embassy Belgrade will notify you of your interview date and time and paying the MRV application fee by an appointment letter.

Required Documentation

You, the foreign-citizen fiancé(e), (and eligible children applying for K-2 visas) will be required to bring the following forms and documents to the visa interview:

• Completed Form DS-160, Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application. You (and any eligible children applying for K-2 visas) must: (1) complete Form DS-160 and (2) print the DS-160 confirmation page to bring to your interview. 
  • A passport valid for travel to the United States and with a validity date at least six months beyond your intended period of stay in the U.S. (unless country-specific agreements provide exemptions).
  • Divorce or death certificate(s) of any previous spouse(s) for both you and the U.S. citizen sponsor
  • Police certificates from your present country of residence and all countries where you have lived for six months or more since age 16 (Police certificates are also required for accompanying children age 16 or older)
  • Medical examination (vaccinations are optional, see below)
  • Evidence of financial support (Form I-134, Affidavit of Support, may be requested)
  • Two (2) 2x2 photographs. See the required photo format explained in Photograph Requirements
  • Evidence of relationship with your U.S. citizen fiancé(e)
  • Payment of fees, as explained below

Note: The consular officer may ask for additional information, such as photographs and other proof that the relationship with your U.S. citizen fiancé(e) is genuine. Documents in foreign languages, other than the language of the country in which the application takes place, should be translated. Applicants should take to the visa interview clear, legible photocopies of civil documents and translations, such as birth and divorce certificates. Original documents and translations will be returned.

Serbia portal here on VJ http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Serbia&cty=Belgrade

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Thank you for the offer. I have a recent one from someone in another thread. If you don't have a copy now I can send if you do then again, thanks.

Oh no. We are good to go. We have everything, just waiting for our interview now, August 30th. 

3 minutes ago, Jlomartin said:

@Greenbaum so it wouldn't be an issue if I was to hand write the date in our letter of intent?  

None what so ever. You can date one with the guesstimation as to when you think your interview will be and if that fails then print the date in. You don't have to be within any "timeline" for submitting the letter. Thirty days, sixty days out, no problem.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

2 hours ago, Jlomartin said:

Hi everyone!  Beneficiary here!  For the updated letter of intent do they need it to be a wet signature on the copy? 

What my fiance and I plan to do since they need the letter of intent to be signed within 30 days of the interview is that he will e-mail me a signed scanned copy of his letter of intent and then email me mine to sign.  So basically I will bring an original and a copy to provide them and a scanned copy of my fiance's.

Would that be okay?

The letter of intent does not require a wet signature nor does it have a timeline as to when it needs to be dated. Thirty or sixty days is not going to be a problem. See my quote a few entries up from here where I give the actually document that states what I just said.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

22 hours ago, Jo&Ryan said:

I totally feel you! There's not many people on the Argentinian embassy, so I'm on the loop as well. As far as P3, it usually is just instructions for the interview/next steps but again, it depends on the country. Wish I could help, but I'm sure here there's someone who knows more about this that can explain it to you. Good luck dear! 

Here is thee P3 for Argentina:

Next, this is the Argentina US Embassy webpage:

https://ar.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee/am-i-eligible/

This the VJ web portal

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Argentina&cty=Buenos_Aires

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

None what so ever. You can date one with the guesstimation as to when you think your interview will be and if that fails then print the date in. You don't have to be within any "timeline" for submitting the letter. Thirty days, sixty days out, no problem.

Perfect!  Thank you!  On the P3 for K1 fiance checklist for Montreal it is stated that the letter of intent to marry should be signed by the petitioner within 30 days of the interview date.  It may be different in other countries, as for Canada that's what it says.  But that's what we will do then, since I am currently in NJ visiting.  I will just bring back a non-dated original copy of letter of intent with his signature on it.  Makes it so much easier to input the date. 

4 hours ago, Little_Vixen said:

Wait until you get to the embassy stage where you have to log in as a (non)immigrant. I'm still not sure which one cause people keep telling me different thing and meanwhile I'm stuck.

I'll probably open a new thread soon to document this mess but heres todays update:

This morning I got a mail from the consulate telling me to please click continue on the website and follow the steps to add a delivery address. I don't have that option ma'am, like I've been trying to tell you for the past week. But thank you for assuming I am 4 and let me send you another screenshot of me not having that option. Im starting to feel like Im playing 20 questions.

Called the websites helpdesk again and talked again to Dae/Day/Dave(?) He is such a sweetheart. I told him I'd emailed the website last week requesting it to be escalated as he advised me. I had gotten an email back on Thursday asking me to generate a new account on which I sent another email right back telling them I am unable to do so (with another screenshot). I told Dae I hadn't heard from them again and wanted to know the status. He said its probably escalated now and he cant reach that part of the process since its being handled somewhere further up. But he was so sweet to go and check up on it for me and let me know how they are doing. I asked if I could have contact information cause I felt like an ### having to bother him all the time, on which he laughed a but and told me I was fine and that he cant give me the contact information cause that office doesn't directly deal with customers. I told him I have a feeling I'll be talking to him this week. He said he'd get back to me later today if he had any new. I told him if I didn't hear from him today I'd be sure to call him tomorrow.

The saga continues.

You have to be like an old junk yard dog and grab them by the leg and don't let go till you have it cleared. Keep the faith and don't every give up. Be strong and follow what Jim Valvano said while he had cancer.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

9 minutes ago, Jlomartin said:

Perfect!  Thank you!  On the P3 for K1 fiance checklist for Montreal it is stated that the letter of intent to marry should be signed by the petitioner within 30 days of the interview date.  It may be different in other countries, as for Canada that's what it says.  But that's what we will do then, since I am currently in NJ visiting.  I will just bring back a non-dated original copy of letter of intent with his signature on it.  Makes it so much easier to input the date. 

Most Embassy's don't state when it should be dated so I'm surprised that Canada is requiring it to be within 30 days. Well, anyways, you got it cover. Good luck.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 12:13 PM, nyaliss said:

Thank you to everyone here who has contributed to this massive wealth of knowledge. I've yet to receive NOA2, but after reading through most of this topic I've got two pages of notes and a pretty clear picture of what to do over the next few months. Though I do wish there were more people on VJ who have gone through the Macedonian embassy. The page about the consulate here (http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Macedonia&cty=Skopje) has many holes. Specifically about packet 3&4, does anyone know what those include? Packet 3 seems to usually be a interview prep piece. I'd feel much better having a clearer picture and so would my fiancée.

Here is the standard items for the interview. Most Embassy's want this. When you get the P3 you can compare and work on what is missing. BTW this came from the Macedonian Embassy website but they linked to here: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/family-immigration/nonimmigrant-visa-for-a-fiance-k-1.html#1

Required Documentation

You, the foreign-citizen fiancé(e), (and eligible children applying for K-2 visas) will be required to bring the following forms and documents to the visa interview:

• Completed Form DS-160, Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application. You (and any eligible children applying for K-2 visas) must: (1) complete Form DS-160 and (2) print the DS-160 confirmation page to bring to your interview. 
  • A passport valid for travel to the United States and with a validity date at least six months beyond your intended period of stay in the U.S. (unless country-specific agreements provide exemptions).
  • Divorce or death certificate(s) of any previous spouse(s) for both you and the U.S. citizen sponsor
  • Police certificates from your present country of residence and all countries where you have lived for six months or more since age 16 (Police certificates are also required for accompanying children age 16 or older)
  • Medical examination (vaccinations are optional, see below)
  • Evidence of financial support (Form I-134, Affidavit of Support, may be requested)
  • Two (2) 2x2 photographs. See the required photo format explained in Photograph Requirements
  • Evidence of relationship with your U.S. citizen fiancé(e)
  • Payment of fees, as explained below

Note: The consular officer may ask for additional information, such as photographs and other proof that the relationship with your U.S. citizen fiancé(e) is genuine. Documents in foreign languages, other than the language of the country in which the application takes place, should be translated. Applicants should take to the visa interview clear, legible photocopies of civil documents and translations, such as birth and divorce certificates. Original documents and translations will be returned.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.