Greenbaum

July 2018 NOA2 ----> NVC

1,892 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Norway
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Joulie & Victor said:

ok since you guys gave 2 different response...let's try to clear this part so no one else gets confused.  Does it matter if you check/uncheck the box?  It's the most asked about question in this form.  Has that affected the approval of a visa recently? I personally think it's safe to check "I Inted" just so that you lead them to part 7 where they can read the note saying "N/A (Fiance Visa" rel="">K1 Visa Process for permanent residence)

I was wondering the same thing too. I'm guessing as long as the N/A Finance Visa phrase is listed on part 7, then it maybe doesn't matter so much whether check anything or not in the boxes.

I-129F Sent: 12/29/17

I-129F NOA 1: 1/4/18

I-129F NOA 2: 7/9/18

NVC Received: 7/18/18

Consulate Received: 8/9/18

Packet 3 Received: 8/13/18

Interview Date: 9/20/18

Interview Result: Administrative Processing

*Visitor's visa interview: December 2016, called back by embassy for second interview on same visa application in January 2019 - visitor's visa finally issued May 2019.

*Fiance visa placed in administrative processing September 2018. 

*Beneficiary's Country: Norway via Iran.

1 minute ago, Joulie & Victor said:

ok since you guys gave 2 different response...let's try to clear this part so no one else gets confused.  Does it matter if you check/uncheck the box?  It's the most asked about question in this form.  Has that affected the approval of a visa recently? I personally think it's safe to check "I Inted" just so that you lead them to part 7 where they can read the note saying "N/A (Fiance Visa" rel="">K1 Visa Process for permanent residence)

That's my opinion. You will find no one is in agreement with either of the answers. On the old DS-160 The question was not a yes or no and since there was no hard and fast rule, we always choose to add the N/A statement. We never had a problem. You will not find a clear answer in the instructions for completing the DS-160 for that question either. Good luck.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

24 minutes ago, AdaEdo said:

Is there a site where you can track the nvc status,  or just call?

If your asking what to do to get the case number then you call. If you want to know the status of your file from NVC to your Embassy then you go on CEAC and check. Good explanation there in what to do by @JennaL.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Norway
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Alex876 said:

Hey guys, another quick question here: who should the supporting documents for the i-134 (letters from employer and bank) be addressed to?

I'm just planning on addressing them to the embassy where the interview will be held at.

I-129F Sent: 12/29/17

I-129F NOA 1: 1/4/18

I-129F NOA 2: 7/9/18

NVC Received: 7/18/18

Consulate Received: 8/9/18

Packet 3 Received: 8/13/18

Interview Date: 9/20/18

Interview Result: Administrative Processing

*Visitor's visa interview: December 2016, called back by embassy for second interview on same visa application in January 2019 - visitor's visa finally issued May 2019.

*Fiance visa placed in administrative processing September 2018. 

*Beneficiary's Country: Norway via Iran.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
3 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

That's my opinion. You will find no one is in agreement with either of the answers. On the old DS-160 The question was not a yes or no and since there was no hard and fast rule, we always choose to add the N/A statement. We never had a problem. You will not find a clear answer in the instructions for completing the DS-160 for that question either. Good luck.

@Joulie & Victor,  My fear is leaving a question unmarked gives the appearance that it was skipped or over looked, even if supplemental information is provided.   If this were the I-129f and USCIS reviewing, they would likely generate a RFE if a question appears to be unanswered.    

@Naes and others have recommended what I have suggested to you and they had no problems with acceptance of their I-134 at their respective Embassies.   Leaving it unchecked may be ok as well, so it is up to you with what you feel most comfortable with.   The embassies in general seem to be a bit more flexible than the USCIS in reviewing the intention of answers provided them, and this question on the I-134 is not even relevant to a K1 Visa, which is the cause of the confusion surrounding its existence.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

Called NVC just now and talked to a very friendly and sweet person, she said that they haven't received our case yet and it can take up to six weeks (obviously) and that I can call again whenever I want. I didn't have to wait a second, so that's awesome. Gotta keep waiting I guess 😊

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

@Greenbaum. Hey, quick question, I apparently put the name of her town in the city section because I didn't realize the name of the city and the province were the same. Her address reads Binh Minh, Vinh Long. I assumed Binh Minh was city but apparently it is a neighborhood within the city. My question is, would this be a reason they would deny us, do you think? Thanks in advance for any input. 

27 minutes ago, conarroest said:

@Greenbaum. Hey, quick question, I apparently put the name of her town in the city section because I didn't realize the name of the city and the province were the same. Her address reads Binh Minh, Vinh Long. I assumed Binh Minh was city but apparently it is a neighborhood within the city. My question is, would this be a reason they would deny us, do you think? Thanks in advance for any input. 

No that is not a reason to be denied. You can change that address at the interview.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

No that is not a reason to be denied. You can change that address at the interview.

Ok, I didn't think it would be a huge problem. I hope my fiance will have peace of mind now. Thank you. 

7 hours ago, Alex876 said:

Hey guys, another quick question here: who should the supporting documents for the i-134 (letters from employer and bank) be addressed to?

Use the Embassy address and to whom it may concern is fine.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Don’t mean to be sarky here but really what difference does it make whose address the documents are on as long as all the correct documents are given that the embassy ask for. Surely they just want to see that the beneficary has sponsorship for the visa and is unlikely to become a public charge. 

Edited by jakejon

Timeline

We are interviewing on August 30th. Wet signature still required for i134? I've read so many conflicting answers. Anyone have a definitive answer? 

1 minute ago, conarroest said:

We are interviewing on August 30th. Wet signature still required for i134? I've read so many conflicting answers. Anyone have a definitive answer? 

Not required. 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/interview/interview-prepare/required-documents.html

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

2 hours ago, jakejon said:

Don’t mean to be sarky here but really what difference does it make whose address the documents are on as long as all the correct documents are given that the embassy ask for. Surely they just want to see that the beneficary has sponsorship for the visa and is unlikely to become a public charge. 

My experience over the years is that people do not want to make a mistake. So they overcompensate for every little question that they have because they're afraid that they're going to get denied. Hence we get a question like that "how do I address a letter."

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.