Greenbaum

July 2018 NOA2 ----> NVC

1,892 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Zidong said:

Hi guys we are one step away from scheduling the interview, but we noticed that my Fiance has another name used on her birth certificated which she didn't put that on the DS160 forms. (same to all the previous application from my side that I had no clue that her name on her birth certificated is different from her ID/Passport). Her name on the birth certificated has the same English as her other names, but just a little difference in Chinese character.

She noticed this problem after she had submitted and sent her P3 along with the DS160 confirmation page and got the email from embassy about what to prepare for the P4 and interview. She hasn't make any appointment yet just getting her documents ready before scheduling the interview. And she hasn't pay any fee yet.

Some posts here states that she can redo a new DS160 with corrected answer and bring both the old and new ones to the interview but use the new Ds160 barcode to schedule the interview in UStraveldocs website? I am not sure this is still true since those posts are form years ago. I am begging someone here is professional or had the same experiment to help me. Please. 

Ok. Stop begging. That's not a big deal and can be corrected at the Interview. They do it all the time. You can create 100 DS-160's if you want. The important thing is when you decide that version number 55 is the best one, then take only that confirmation/bar code document to the interview to present to the CO. They are only interested in the one you want them to see. They have no idea if you created 1 or 100, just that the confirmation you present is the one you want them to work from. They can change anything there during the interview. You are not going to get denied. Translations from one language to another is always cumbersome and the CO knows it because they deal with it all the time. Relax, and take a deep breath. :thumbs:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

41 minutes ago, misken said:

I make 50k, that should definitely be enough right? The only thing is that it would be October by the time I have two months worth of paychecks, I only started this job two weeks ago. I'll think it over whether I need a cosponsor, but if I hypothetically were to ask my parents, what should they fill in for that question?

50K is more than enough for the two of you if that is your household size. The important evidence is the Employment letter backed up with any paycheck stubs. You don't need a co-sponsor. This is not a failing item as it stands now. They're going to ask you for your I-134 and required document*, they will look them over for completeness and once they are satisfied they more onto the next item. Most Embassy won't even consider a co-sponsor. The only Embassy that I know that does and it is case by case is the Philippines.

Why do when do will do.

* You are required to complete Form I-134. If the income reported on this form or your tax return reflects income below the poverty guidelines for the year the form was submitted, submit evidence of your income. This can include the following documents:

• For those who are employed by an individual or company, submit a photocopy of an employment letter, pay stub, or pay advance (direct-deposit receipt) that meets the criteria below:
    • Includes your name and the company’s name;
    • Is on signed, business letterhead (you cannot sign the letter yourself); and
    • Is issued within the last three months.
  • For those who are self-employed, obtain a photocopy of one of the following:
    • Your business license.
    • A signed letter on business letterhead that was written within in the last three months.
    • A contract between you as an independent contractor and a company.
  • For those who are unemployed or retired, submit a photocopy of ongoing income from other means, such as:
    • retirement benefits;
    • other household members' income; or
    • other significant assets.

EVIDENCE OF SUPPORT. You should be able to demonstrate that you will not become a public charge or be a burden on the U.S. taxpayers for financial support. A completed I-134 Affidavit of Support Form K1/K2 Interview Preparation Instructions – English (February 2014)  Page 3 of 9 with original signature will be useful to the consular officer to evaluate your petitioner’s ability to be financially responsible for you. You should also submit your petitioner’s most recent U.S. Federal income tax return (Form 1040) and wage statements (Form W-2). Employment letters with salaries, pay stubs  and bank statements may be included to substantiate the I-134.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline
29 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

EVIDENCE OF SUPPORT. You should be able to demonstrate that you will not become a public charge or be a burden on the U.S. taxpayers for financial support. A completed I-134 Affidavit of Support Form K1/K2 Interview Preparation Instructions – English (February 2014)  Page 3 of 9 with original signature will be useful to the consular officer to evaluate your petitioner’s ability to be financially responsible for you. You should also submit your petitioner’s most recent U.S. Federal income tax return (Form 1040) and wage statements (Form W-2). Employment letters with salaries, pay stubs  and bank statements may be included to substantiate the I-134.

Im wondering where this passage came from? I can't see it in the i-134 instructions.  Also, the parts in red are a problem, I don't have a W-2 yet obviously as I just started working and my 2017 tax return lists an annual income of zero. While I of course have bank stubs, bank statements, and employer letters, those bits in red are problematic for me.

01/30/2018: I-129f sent

02/02/2018: I-129f received

02/07/2018: NOA1

02/17/2018: NOA1 Hardcopy

08/07/2018: NOA2

08/10/2018: NOA2 Hardcopy

08/24/2018: NVC case number assigned

08/29/2018: NVC sent

09/12/2018: KL embassy Packet 3 received

09/27/2018: Medical

10/18/2018: Interview - Approved!

10/2X/2018: Visa on hand

11/29/2018: Point of Entry!

12/14/2018: WEDDING!

01/09/2019: AOS/EAD/AP packet mailed

01/19/2019: NOA1 received

02/01/2019: RFIE received

02/07/2019: Biometrics appointment

02/11/2019: RFIE response mailed

08/08/2019: EAD/AP approved

08/14/2019: AOS Interview & Combo card arrived in mail

08/21/2019: Green Card arrived in mail

4 minutes ago, misken said:

Im wondering where this passage came from? I can't see it in the i-134 instructions.  Also, the parts in red are a problem, I don't have a W-2 yet obviously as I just started working and my 2017 tax return lists an annual income of zero. While I of course have bank stubs, bank statements, and employer letters, those bits in red are problematic for me.

Your over thinking this process. They are "NOT REQUIRED" they are there to help the CO ascertain your financial ability that will not become a ward of the state. That's all nothing else. If you don't have something, then move on to the next item. Those items become mute if you can prove with the employment letter and pay stubs that you meet or exceed the poverty levels for your family size. Those two documents alone will prove to them without a doubt that you are financially secure.  End of case. Move on to the next required document. Again your over thinking the process. The interview last all but 3-5 min. They are going to move through your documents really fast. They know what they are looking for and when they see it CHECK. Next document. :thumbs:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline
51 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Your over thinking this process. They are "NOT REQUIRED" they are there to help the CO ascertain your financial ability that will not become a ward of the state. That's all nothing else. If you don't have something, then move on to the next item. Those items become mute if you can prove with the employment letter and pay stubs that you meet or exceed the poverty levels for your family size. Those two documents alone will prove to them without a doubt that you are financially secure.  End of case. Move on to the next required document. Again your over thinking the process. The interview last all but 3-5 min. They are going to move through your documents really fast. They know what they are looking for and when they see it CHECK. Next document. :thumbs:

Yeah I guess I am overthinking this. It's just that this process affects the rest of our lives! But that you for putting it in perspective!

01/30/2018: I-129f sent

02/02/2018: I-129f received

02/07/2018: NOA1

02/17/2018: NOA1 Hardcopy

08/07/2018: NOA2

08/10/2018: NOA2 Hardcopy

08/24/2018: NVC case number assigned

08/29/2018: NVC sent

09/12/2018: KL embassy Packet 3 received

09/27/2018: Medical

10/18/2018: Interview - Approved!

10/2X/2018: Visa on hand

11/29/2018: Point of Entry!

12/14/2018: WEDDING!

01/09/2019: AOS/EAD/AP packet mailed

01/19/2019: NOA1 received

02/01/2019: RFIE received

02/07/2019: Biometrics appointment

02/11/2019: RFIE response mailed

08/08/2019: EAD/AP approved

08/14/2019: AOS Interview & Combo card arrived in mail

08/21/2019: Green Card arrived in mail

Just now, misken said:

Yeah I guess I am overthinking this. It's just that this process affects the rest of our lives! But that you for putting it in perspective!

Hey. I've been there and done that. I've walked a mile in your shoes. I've helped hundreds. My goal is to give you the correct information (with links when possible so you can verify what I am saying because I know some don't think what I am telling them is correct :D) with the least amount of steps (not getting an RFE's is considered one of those "steps") that you have to repeat or sometimes what I call "gotchas".

They just want to know if you can support her. That's all and an employment letter and paystubs does that for the CO.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
On 8/25/2018 at 8:10 AM, Duncan & shif said:

Thanks dear yes my fiancé call today morning got the case# also its ready n send it to my embassy in sri Lanka thanks for ur kind words so how far ur process?

Glad you got it figured! I have my case number as well, waiting for them to send the docs to my embassy on September 4.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey!! Long time no post!! 

Looking forward to our interview to go through London. Medical went amazingly!! Not only for immigration but as a place London’s special. Good luck for everyone going through there and anywhere!!!!! 

We walked up to the brand new embassy. Simply beautiful. Roll on the 21st Sept. Jake and I are both ready to slayyy. All are documents are READY!!! ❤️

Edited by jakejon

Use this link

to see an article that I posted titled: What steps does an USCIS agent take to adjudicate my case at USCIS.

Scroll about 3/4 of the way down the page to arrive at the article. If you comment please do not quote the entire article as it gets to be too much duplication if everyone is doing the same.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Woop woop, we have an interview date! Case went to "Ready" on Friday and Italy's Packet 3 is a pretty simple list of the documents required, all of which we already have, so I did not wait to get that email from them. Getting our last couple of documents ready for when me and my parents go to visit my fiance and his family in Albania until Sept. 9th and on September 18 we will have our interview. Tentative POE is October 17th. 

K1 Timeline

01/10/2018: Mailed I-129F from Miami, Fl

01/12/2018: I-129F Received (according to online NOA1)

01/18/2018: Text message with NOA1 info and case number received

01/26/2018: NOA1 Hard Copy

07/27/2018: NOA2 Received :jest:

08/14/2018: NVC Received, Case & Invoice # assigned

08/21/2018: Case in Transit

08/24/2018: Naples Embassy Received (case READY)

09/04/2018: Packet 3 (received after sending them an email inquiring about the Packet)

09/18/2018: Interview, AP 

10/2/2018: Out of AP, Visa Issued

10/4/2018: Visa in Hand

10/18/2018: POE (Miami, Fl)

10/26/2018: Civil Marriage Ceremony

12/29/2018: Wedding Ceremony 

AOS Timeline

11/16/2018: Filed for AOS at Hialeah, Fl office

11/20/2018: Fingerprint Fee Received

12/12/2018: Fingerprints done 

4/25/2019: Interview Ready to Be Scheduled for I-485 

4/30/2019: Notified that Interview was Scheduled 

6/17/2019:  Interview: approved! :dance: (213 days from filing AOS; no EAD or AP)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sri Lanka
Timeline
On 8/26/2018 at 4:09 PM, stacyt said:

Glad you got it figured! I have my case number as well, waiting for them to send the docs to my embassy on September 4.

Good luck dear 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.