Greenbaum

July 2018 NOA2 ----> NVC

1,892 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
13 minutes ago, SMK 89 said:

That's great! Question for you - when did you get P3? The consulate received mine / my status on CEAC went to 'ready' the same day as you but I haven't received anything yet :( Did you get P3 via email to the beneficiary or by mail to both petitioner and beneficiary? Congrats on booking your interview!!!! Were there still September and the first week of october dates available? 

Thanks! 

SO it’s a little weird cause we have a lawyer (not that it was any help) but we asked her to email the consulate and she already had sent p3 to them with the email so they responded to the email with the p4 today I was surprised but it happened. As for available dates I booked September 12 they on,y had 7:30 available they stil had September 19 and 26 so you still have a shot for September.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

We finally heard from the Amsterdam consulate with the green light to make an interview appointment...and alas, no appointment slots are available. My fiancé called to make sure it wasn't an error and it sure wasn't - we have to wait until the embassy opens up another day of appointments, or until someone cancels. Does anyone have experience with this situation? I wish he had asked when the next day of appointments is expected. I'd love to know how far in advance they are booked, and what days to expect a possible cancellation. Thanks for any info anyone might have!

K1 VISA

NOA1 - Dec 12

NOA2 - June 29

Visa in hand - Sept 22

POE - Sept 25 

Marriage - Oct 6 🥂

AOS

Packet Sent - Nov 5, 2018

NOA1 - Nov 9, 2018

NOA1 Received in mail - Nov 16, 2018

EAD Card Approved - June 4, 2019

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
18 hours ago, James and Junko said:

Hello Naes,

Congratulations to you both.  I like your profile picture of the blue and white ducks. We have a similar mascot but penguins . I want to ask you questions about your timeline. Especially after packet 2 you got in April.  But couldn't send you a direct PM.

Would you explain how you had three appointments?

(It looked like you had one in July initially then changed to June, then to May for the actual interview.

When did you start to make appointments?  

About when did you have your medical appointments?

My fiance is in Sapporo and would travel to Tokyo for the interview and Medical. Do you think it's possible to have the medical appointment very close to the interview ?  A few days would be best is that possible?

Thanks you again.  James , J&J

Thank you :) Sorry I just realized my pm box is full again.

Yes, after I got the first appointment I kept an eye on the dates and changed it 2 times.  After the initial appointment (July one in my case) you can reschedule it up to 2 times without losing the MRV fee. after that you will need to pay again. so I just checked it religiously till I got an earlier date.

I had my medical scheduled early from the start (as soon as I could) which was May 15 (this is a Thuesday) and at Seibo clinic they give you the results on that Friday (on the 4th day after 16:00). So when I saw there was an opening for May 21 I knew I could make it so I changed it.

I would say this is as close as you would get with the medical to interview. So If I were your fiance I would go to Tokyo on maybe Monday (?) You know just to relax and don't be in a bad shape on the day of medical (and of vaccinations- you need to be sure that you have all vaccinations records or the vaccinations, if they decide to do the titer test that takes 10 days- she can just chose to vaccinate without the test too.) and arrange the interview that Monday. 

1 week would be optimum because K1 interviews are only held on early Mondays. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Hi everyone, I have a couple of questions about the Affidavit of Support. Thanks in advance for your help!

A bit of background: my income is more than enough to satisfy the requirement, but I just started the job after graduating from my master's degree so I don't have a long history of deposits in my account nor multiple years of W2s and income tax returns with anything but zeroes or very low numbers. As such, I asked and my parents have agreed to cosponsor my K1. A couple questions:

1. Should both or only one of my parents do an affidavit? I've read different responses to this...my parents have combined financies so I'm not sure how that would work.
  2. What should they [my parents] write for Part 3 Question 38: "I intend/do not intend to make specific contributions in support of the person(s) named in Part 2." They are willing to cosponsor and if finances become a problem are obviously willing to help out, but they do not intend to provide any specific support as of now since my income is enough to take care of my fiance and I. I feel like checking "do not intend" would hurt this application, but I would like to hear what you guys have to say.

Thanks again for your help!

01/30/2018: I-129f sent

02/02/2018: I-129f received

02/07/2018: NOA1

02/17/2018: NOA1 Hardcopy

08/07/2018: NOA2

08/10/2018: NOA2 Hardcopy

08/24/2018: NVC case number assigned

08/29/2018: NVC sent

09/12/2018: KL embassy Packet 3 received

09/27/2018: Medical

10/18/2018: Interview - Approved!

10/2X/2018: Visa on hand

11/29/2018: Point of Entry!

12/14/2018: WEDDING!

01/09/2019: AOS/EAD/AP packet mailed

01/19/2019: NOA1 received

02/01/2019: RFIE received

02/07/2019: Biometrics appointment

02/11/2019: RFIE response mailed

08/08/2019: EAD/AP approved

08/14/2019: AOS Interview & Combo card arrived in mail

08/21/2019: Green Card arrived in mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sri Lanka
Timeline

Omg!!! Hi to all 

We are now ready 

My fiancé call today morning one lady spoke n give the case #and told already send it to Colombo sri Lanka embassy 

Thanks too all 

Whats next step ----------- 

Im waiting for now my fiancé to send me the documents then fill DS 260 

can't WAIT 

IMG_20180927_103139_530.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sri Lanka
Timeline
On 8/23/2018 at 6:05 PM, stacyt said:

It took them forever when I sent an email, seriously just call :)

Thanks dear yes my fiancé call today morning got the case# also its ready n send it to my embassy in sri Lanka thanks for ur kind words so how far ur process?

10 hours ago, Duncan & shif said:

Omg!!! Hi to all 

We are now ready 

My fiancé call today morning one lady spoke n give the case #and told already send it to Colombo sri Lanka embassy 

Thanks too all 

Whats next step ----------- 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NLg2OSXVUxqdpw4r3jRR-cUBxbhEalG1/view?usp=sharing

Im waiting for now my fiancé to send me the documents then fill DS 260 

can't WAIT 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

12 hours ago, misken said:

Hi everyone, I have a couple of questions about the Affidavit of Support. Thanks in advance for your help!

A bit of background: my income is more than enough to satisfy the requirement, but I just started the job after graduating from my master's degree so I don't have a long history of deposits in my account nor multiple years of W2s and income tax returns with anything but zeroes or very low numbers. As such, I asked and my parents have agreed to cosponsor my K1. A couple questions:

1. Should both or only one of my parents do an affidavit? I've read different responses to this...my parents have combined financies so I'm not sure how that would work.
  2. What should they [my parents] write for Part 3 Question 38: "I intend/do not intend to make specific contributions in support of the person(s) named in Part 2." They are willing to cosponsor and if finances become a problem are obviously willing to help out, but they do not intend to provide any specific support as of now since my income is enough to take care of my fiance and I. I feel like checking "do not intend" would hurt this application, but I would like to hear what you guys have to say.

Thanks again for your help!

If your income is more than enough, as you have pointed out, then you don't need a co-sponsor. Embassy's see students and fresh graduates all the time. If you can get and employment letter from your employer, back that up with a two months of pay stubs and combine that with the other documents that are required with the I-134 then you will not have any problems. It's done all the time.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

16 hours ago, SMK 89 said:

That's great! Question for you - when did you get P3? The consulate received mine / my status on CEAC went to 'ready' the same day as you but I haven't received anything yet :( Did you get P3 via email to the beneficiary or by mail to both petitioner and beneficiary? Congrats on booking your interview!!!! Were there still September and the first week of october dates available? 

Thanks! 

For all things dealing with the US Embassy in Canada head on over to the subforum for Canada where they will answer your questions for the processing of your visa from their personal experience. Link:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/93-canada/

Get the Canadian K1 P3 letter at http://photos.state.gov/libraries/canada/303578/montreal/Packet3-K1-MTL.pdf as this is your bible needed to complete and receive your visa. The required documents are included and use the P3 as a check list. Once you have completed or gathered the required documents you'll be ready for your interview. If it is not on the Embassy letter, it probably is not needed.

Last but not least, READ the pages on the US Embassy website for you country so that you are up to speed.

http://canada.usembassy.gov/

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

21 hours ago, SvetlanaKhachatur said:

Scheduled interview for September 11th! 

Still waiting to get P3 but it should come in next week and he can schedule his medical. I already have a copy that a friend received last week so I know its just instructions and doctor location. I am so excited, but a little worried, maybe I did it to early? Has anyone scheduled interview before getting P3? Embassy got our case yesterday 8/23. 

Each Embassy is different. Some allow you to schedule your interview once you get your case number and even before the file has arrived at the Embassy. Others allow appointment scheduling but not till the case goes to ready. Others require you to wait till you are notified by the Embassy (P3), then you complete everything and send it all back to them. Once they have it they throw the switch which allows you to schedule. So it's all over the board.  What does the P3 copy you have say?

BTW, I try and help others with a advance copy of the P3 for their Embassy and I don't have one for your Embassy. If you feel comfortable in sharing, I would like to use it to help others who will come behind you. Just PM me if that's what you liked to do. Thank you.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 8:34 AM, TogoAfrica said:

Update for us....I wanted to be with my fiancé for the interview and had the circumstances to fly to Togo so be with him. Everything seems to move much faster once your case receives the NVC. August 8 I flew to Togo and the same day I noticed our case said it was in transit from the NVC to the embassy in Togo. August 9 it arrived...and was ready...so obviously ours is sent electronically!!! We wrote the consultant and told them we are ready to pick up the packet 3 and schedule our medical and interview. It’s how it goes in this country. They emailed us back and told us to come August 16 to pick up our packet and schedule our appointments. Sadly my fiancé became very sick with malaria, high fever for 4 days, and in bed for a week. We could not get the packet August 16 but the embassy told us to come August 20 to pick up the packet and schedule our appointments. They gave us the interview date!! August 30! But then we ran into some problems we thought...the medical exams in Togo are sent to America to review them and sent back here and then we can pick them up to bring to the embassy for he interview. Because my fiancé was sick he could not get a medical exam until today August 24. Sadly these results won’t come in time for the interview August 30. We contacted the embassy about this and they asked us to come for the interview anyways and when the results are ready for medical we can come back with them. Well we are happy to still be able to have the interview since we were told the embassy is very busy next month and won’t be able to do our interview until October. So we really needed to do it August 30! And happy they are fine that the medical results won’t be ready and we can just bring them in when they are. Well that’s our update! Hope all is going well with everyone else!!  

You had good news sprinkled with not so good news. Malaria is troublesome at best. Hope he is doing better.  After your interview you will get what's call a 221(g) which only is a document that you case is pending for further review and a decision will be made once the medical has arrived. So it's just a formality and not a big concern. Good luck at the interview. Let us know the out come of the interview. :thumbs:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 9:27 AM, RambaCat said:

I would imagine that it is entirely possible to have two cases whose numbers are exactly the same, but they have different letters, as the numbers indicate the date of approval/case number assignment, and the number processed for that day.

So if you get a manila case processed on the 21st of August 2018, and it's the 999th case processed for that embassy it would be:

MNL2018821999

On that same day, you get a london case processed, and it's the 999th case processed for that embassy, it would be

LND2018821999.

From what I understand, the case number that you found very likely relates to someone else's case.

(Sorry to jump in @Greenbaum)

:thumbs:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hi guys we are one step away from scheduling the interview, but we noticed that my Fiance has another name used on her birth certificated which she didn't put that on the DS160 forms. (same to all the previous application from my side that I had no clue that her name on her birth certificated is different from her ID/Passport). Her name on the birth certificated has the same English as her other names, but just a little difference in Chinese character.

She noticed this problem after she had submitted and sent her P3 along with the DS160 confirmation page and got the email from embassy about what to prepare for the P4 and interview. She hasn't make any appointment yet just getting her documents ready before scheduling the interview. And she hasn't pay any fee yet.

Some posts here states that she can redo a new DS160 with corrected answer and bring both the old and new ones to the interview but use the new Ds160 barcode to schedule the interview in UStraveldocs website? I am not sure this is still true since those posts are form years ago. I am begging someone here is professional or had the same experiment to help me. Please. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Armenia
Timeline
2 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

Each Embassy is different. Some allow you to schedule your interview once you get your case number and even before the file has arrived at the Embassy. Others allow appointment scheduling but not till the case goes to ready. Others require you to wait till you are notified by the Embassy (P3), then you complete everything and send it all back to them. Once they have it they throw the switch which allows you to schedule. So it's all over the board.  What does the P3 copy you have say?

BTW, I try and help others with a advance copy of the P3 for their Embassy and I don't have one for your Embassy. If you feel comfortable in sharing, I would like to use it to help others who will come behind you. Just PM me if that's what you liked to do. Thank you.

The site actually allowed me to pay the visa fee and schedule the interview, P3 that my friend got only gives instructions to schedule medical and interview, and comeplete DS-160 and tells you what docs you gotta bring to the interview, I will probably get the P3 for my fiancé this upcoming week, our case went to ready status 8/23, there were just no dates for a week when my friend was waiting and then they opened 8 in September so I didn’t want to lose a spot waiting for P3. I’ll send you a copy of the P3 I have. 

K1 

Service Center: California Service Center

Consulate: Armenia 

I-129-F mailed to USCIS by attorney: 01-03-2018

NOA1: 01-08-2018 

NOA2: 07-24-2018 

NVC Recieved: 08-09-2018

NVC Case # Assigned: 08-13-2018

Left NVC: 08-21-2018

Consulate: 08-23-2018

Packet 3: 08-28-2018

Medical: 08-30-2018

Interview: 09-11-2018

Visa in Hand: 09-29-2018

POE: 10-03-2018 at Los Angeles, CA

Wedding: 11/16/2018

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

AOS - Los Angeles, CA 

NO1: December 31, 2019 receipt date

Biometrics: 1/23/19 (letter received 1/11/19)

Biometrics processed: 1/25/19

Ready for Interview: April 3, 2019 AOS

Interview Scheduled Update: June 26, 2019 (letter received 7/1/2019)

Interview: August 6, 2019 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline
8 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

If your income is more than enough, as you have pointed out, then you don't need a co-sponsor. Embassy's see students and fresh graduates all the time. If you can get and employment letter from your employer, back that up with a two months of pay stubs and combine that with the other documents that are required with the I-134 then you will not have any problems. It's done all the time.

I make 50k, that should definitely be enough right? The only thing is that it would be October by the time I have two months worth of paychecks, I only started this job two weeks ago. I'll think it over whether I need a cosponsor, but if I hypothetically were to ask my parents, what should they fill in for that question?

01/30/2018: I-129f sent

02/02/2018: I-129f received

02/07/2018: NOA1

02/17/2018: NOA1 Hardcopy

08/07/2018: NOA2

08/10/2018: NOA2 Hardcopy

08/24/2018: NVC case number assigned

08/29/2018: NVC sent

09/12/2018: KL embassy Packet 3 received

09/27/2018: Medical

10/18/2018: Interview - Approved!

10/2X/2018: Visa on hand

11/29/2018: Point of Entry!

12/14/2018: WEDDING!

01/09/2019: AOS/EAD/AP packet mailed

01/19/2019: NOA1 received

02/01/2019: RFIE received

02/07/2019: Biometrics appointment

02/11/2019: RFIE response mailed

08/08/2019: EAD/AP approved

08/14/2019: AOS Interview & Combo card arrived in mail

08/21/2019: Green Card arrived in mail

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.