Greenbaum

July 2018 NOA2 ----> NVC

1,892 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
37 minutes ago, JennaL said:

Below are some good tips on calling NVC - I just hung up with them a few minutes ago after getting my case number . I waited about 20 minutes to get someone.

https://sites.google.com/view/post-noa2/home

Holy moley thank you for this, that excel spreadsheet timeline is wonderful:D

Edited by Rocko20

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Got our case number today! Our NOA2 was July 10th. I'm so excited, I wonder how long it is from here? 

I was on hold for 15 minutes, too. Not bad, but that music is hideous.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I think you can use  CEAC to track the status to see when it arrives at the embassy if you have the case number.

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?App=NIV

36 minutes ago, Amanda and Camila said:

Got our case number today! Our NOA2 was July 10th. I'm so excited, I wonder how long it is from here? That depends on your Embassy. Have you found the sub forum for your country/region. Many are there to help.

I was on hold for 15 minutes, too. Not bad, but that music is hideous.

Check some of the VJ tools. Discover what the blue ribbon on the top of the page will provide. A lot of information throughout VJ that can help you.

18 minutes ago, Amanda and Camila said:

What all can my fiancee do now that we have our case number? Can she schedule an interview and her medical exams?

https://br.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee/the-interview-2/

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

1 hour ago, map143 said:

Hi guys. Ive read a lot of posts about calling NVC for their case number. Can anybody suggest what is the best time to call NVC? My fiance is in California and has been calling them and he been on hold like forever.😣😣😣. Its been 2 weeks for us and we are just itching to get our case number

Best times are right at 7am DST. Wait 5 min to call at 7:05 and your in the waiting que. Call after 7 pm DST and the wait time is shorter. The later in the evening the better as wait times start to subside.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

2 hours ago, veeandzack said:

Hey, currently trying to fill up this DS-160 they ask at some point US tax number. That's your ITIN or Social Security Number

I was an aupair for 2years so I had to pay tax. But I did not qualify for tax return. Does anyone know if I have to find out what is my tax number or if I put “does not apply” it would be fine ? Yes you must be satisfied that you do not have a ITIN (https://www.irs.gov/individuals/individual-taxpayer-identification-number)

also they ask national identification number can’t figure out if this apply for my country 🤔 Does your country use any type of National Identification if not then "does not apply" or NO.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

5 hours ago, Nairus said:

Hello Everyone,

I am so excited. I received my case & invoice numbers today. However, I am clueless as to what the next step should be.

I am currently in Nigeria at the moment visiting my fiance. Is there something I should be doing while I am here.

We are both praying that my fiance gets an interview date before I return to the States.

What can I do at this point to get the ball rolling fast?

Pls help...🙏🙏🙏🙏

Check some of the VJ tools. Discover what the blue ribbon on the top of the page will provide. A lot of information throughout VJ that can help you.

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/

This is from a recent couple who just finished their visa interview in NG

Fiancé/Fiancée visas (K1s, K3s)

If your K1 or K3 petition has been approved by the Department of Homeland Security and you have received notification from the National Visa Center that your petition is on its way to post, you should download and complete the following application. The U.S. Consulate General in Lagos will contact you when your petition has arrived at post so that you may schedule your appointment. If you have questions, you may e-mailLagosIV@state.gov. [Click to open "Interview Preparatory Packet (K1, K3)"PDF 539KB] Also, please review the pamphlet “Information on the Legal Rights Available to Immigrant Victims of Domestic Violence in the United States and Facts about Immigrating on a Marriage-Based Visa.”  (PDF 53KB) https://photos.state.gov/libraries/nigeria/487468/pdfs/Interview_Prep_Packet_K1-K3_SEP14.pdf

These are some of the questions that were asked as well as the documents that were checked. Follow the Embassy instructions as to what to bring for the interview. You'll need all those documents in the event they are asked for.

Questions:

1) Name of your Fiancé

2) How did you two meet?

3) Who was he visiting? ***Vacation

4) How did you two become romantic?

5) What do you two have in common?

6) Which Movies have you watched together? ***I mentioned 3 movies

7) Has he been married?

8) How many children?

9) How old are his children?

10) Has he visited you again after you met?

11) What does he do for work?

12) Do you have pictures of you together?

13) Where's this place? (Pointed at a Picture)

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

7 hours ago, xJohnMx said:

We have our case number. I got it over the phone last week. Our issue is that we need to bring a copy of that letter to the medical appointment. I am just trying to see how long from the time they assign the case number to when they will send that letter. Thank you.

After getting notified and receiving your NOA2 send an email to NVC asking for them to email both you and your fiancé if any updates occur. In the past they have replied when your case was received from USCIS, another when your case number has been assigned and when your case is being sent out to your Embassy without you having to make any further queries by phone. Here is where you send this information to:

Email address: NVCINQUIRY@state.gov

Subject: Your receipt #

Body: Petitioner's Complete Name Birthday ; Beneficiary's Complete Name Birthday

Or use the online form

https://secureforms.travel.state.gov/ask-nvc.php

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

4 hours ago, Shelly25 said:

Good day,

I'm new to this thread. MY case got approved July 13th and was sent to NVC ON July 20TH.

I'm super EXCITED LOL... JUST HAVE A FEW QUESTION.

Does anyone have a general idea as to how long it takes for NVC to receive my case from USCIS ?

How long does it take NVC to schedule an interview after you pay the fees?

Also..

Anyone from Jamaica can give an estimated time as to how long it took NVC to schedule their interview?

would be really helpful 

We have talked about this through out this thread. I would suggest going back to the beginning and put the time in and you will have your answer. Also, there is a group of people that have a thread for Jamaica over in the sub-forum for the Caribbean. (I know how do I get there?) Go to the blue ribbon at the top of the page and scroll down 3/4 of the page and look for the link.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/664238-march-2018-noa2-nvc-thread/?page=120  

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Good day,

Just in need of some thoughts regarding the filling up of ds160. In the first part "personal information" under the "SURNAME", should I put the family name of both my mom and dad or should I only put ONLY the Surname of my dad and put my middle name (which is the surname of my mother) together with my given name instead?

48 minutes ago, kokokrunch said:

Good day,

Just in need of some thoughts regarding the filling up of ds160. In the first part "personal information" under the "SURNAME", should I put the family name of both my mom and dad or should I only put ONLY the Surname of my dad and put my middle name (which is the surname of my mother) together with my given name instead?

If your mother's surname functions as your middle name then it definitely should be under "given names." Only your surname should be in the other box. This gets complicated when you're from certain countries that use two names as last names, but it sounds like yours is simple since you describe it as your middle name.

• 10/30/2018 POE on K-1 visa
  • 12/03/2018 Married 😍
  • 12/07/2018 Sent AOS, EAD and AP forms 
  • 12/13/2018 NOA1
  • 12/21/2018 Received Biometrics appointment letter
  • 12/26/2018 Successful walk-in biometrics 
  • 03/20/2019 USCIS online case status for I-485 changed to "Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview" 
  • 06/10/2019 EAD/AP expedite request submitted with evidence through Congressman's office
  • 06/17/2019 New Card is Being Produced! (EAD)
  • 11/15/2019 Interview! Approved 4 hours later
  • 11/23/2019 Received Green Card in the mail
  • 8/19/2021 Sent Removal of Conditions form
  • 8/24/2021 Application received, NOA1
  • 10/25/2021 Received biometrics waiver (dated 10/21/21)
  • 11/22/2021 Received 24-month extension letter
  • 11/7/2022 Filed N-400 Online
  • 4/6/2023 Naturalization Interview
  • 5/12/2023 Oath Ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Togo
Timeline
6 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

After getting notified and receiving your NOA2 send an email to NVC asking for them to email both you and your fiancé if any updates occur. In the past they have replied when your case was received from USCIS, another when your case number has been assigned and when your case is being sent out to your Embassy without you having to make any further queries by phone. Here is where you send this information to:

Email address: NVCINQUIRY@state.gov

Subject: Your receipt #

Body: Petitioner's Complete Name Birthday ; Beneficiary's Complete Name Birthday

Or use the online form

https://secureforms.travel.state.gov/ask-nvc.php

Thank you for this information......i needed this! My fiancé email has locked him out and we need to inform the NVC of a new email. I am also heading over to Togo and staying until he is approved to come to the USA. But I will be able to hopefully get his case number when I call the NVC (10 days on Wednesday) but I doubt I will be in the country when it’s mailed to me. And if we must bring this to the interview and medical appointment....we are in trouble....but if I’m understanding this correct, we can email the NVC after we get his case number and they can email it to him and we can print it in Togo and bring it to the medical and the interview? Am I correct on this thinking based on what you have wrote or does this answer not apply to my question? Thank you! 

Edited by TogoAfrica

1 Corinthians 13:8 Love never fils 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.