Greenbaum

July 2018 NOA2 ----> NVC

1,892 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
23 hours ago, ITMFA said:

I'm Canadian! Congrats on your petition getting approved! My fiancé (US citizen) received the NOA2 paper copy 4 days after our approval, but our approval didn't even show up on the new site until a day after that. Their notification systems seem to be pretty random right now. Take a deep breath, check out this page: https://sites.google.com/view/post-noa2/home then start reading all the Canadian-specific threads that seem helpful (there are lots): http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/93-canada/

I don't know about the timing now, but I got a case number from the NVC yesterday (start calling them after 10 business days). I'm actually not trying to do everything super ASAP because I'm a self-employed musician and I have work here at home until late September. My fiancé has a trip to visit me booked for next month...Hoping to have my interview in September if possible, and then move to the US in October. All depends on plane ticket prices too, because I live on the other side of the continent from Montreal and from the city where I'm moving to! Hope this helps - see you along the way :) 

Thank you!  Congrats on receiving your NVC case number!  I am hopeful I can get POE in October sometime.  Just cause our goal is to have completed AOS and green card on hand before May 2019.  I will advise my fiance to call NVC by the end of this month to follow up and if they have an NVC case number for us.  By any chance do you have the contact number for this?

So far I have completed pretty much all documents for P3 on my end.  I pick up my birth certificate (long form version) on Monday, I also requested for my criminal record check last Thursday.  Criminal record checks in Manitoba take about 2-5 weeks to be processed and mailed out to you.  I also have my immunization record on hand already.  We cannot update our letter of intent since it has to be valid within 30 days of the interview.  My fiance is also working on his part i.e. the I-134 and all supporting documents.  So to sum it all up we pretty much have everything gathered.

I know you mentioned you have gone ahead and completed your DS-160, is it not too early to do this? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
8 hours ago, Rocko20 said:

Got my NOA2 approval June 19th, so glad to finally move on to the next step.

Congratulations 🍾🎈 

Thank you so much, everyone!

DD5B56DF-4C70-4A4F-A074-C72EA2413B5E.jpeg

Timeline
10 hours ago, Jlomartin said:

@Greenbaum I printed out the link you sent me.  Thank you by the way!  Is this the exact checklist that would be attached with the P3?  

We we do not have the original hard copies yet obviously, since our NOA2 was dated July 18.  I pretty much have all that ready.  

Do you know what dates people are booking Medical’s and interviews? I hope it’s not a crazy wait I would love to have a POE late September to early October, since I need to give work 4 weeks notice. Also my fiancé and I set a date for a catholic wedding in May of next year.  So our plan is to marry as soon as I get there so we can apply for AOS ASAP.  

I know now this might be an off topic question but how long is it taking to process AOS’s?

49DB8CE1-7CBF-435E-A49F-C5A41920A2A4.png

Wow!  This is a long checklist.  Is the packet 3 the same for all countries, all embassies?  

Timeline
11 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

There is no expiration date but there is a date that it must be completed by and that is the interview. Most Embassy's don't care when it gets done but @Hello729 has just pointed out that her Embassy requires it to be completed as part of the preparation paperwork that is returned to her Embassy. That's what is tricky. If your in a thread like this one, where everyone is from different country's which has different requirements then you could get the wrong answer. So it's best to go to the sub-forum for your country. Go to the top of this page. Choose the "forum" tab and then scroll 3/4 of the way down the page to see country specific sub-forums.

The DS - 160 is a document that stands on it's own. It does not affect anything. It does not need to be finished to do anything else but needs to be completed for the interview and it can be completed between now and the day before your interview. You can't use it to find any information about your case. You can't use if for anything other than for its original intent and that is for the CO to use during your interview to adjudicate your case.

Here is my advice. As a couple you work together answering the questions. Once you are complete and you believe it's ready STOP! Now, each of you look through the copy that is ready to be submitted. Look for blanks or unanswered questions, look for spelling errors and look at dates. Once BOTH are satisfied then the beneficiary is the one to take the oath and submit the document in their country.

@Greenbaum, you are absolutely amazing and we all really appreciate you!❤️

9 hours ago, Rocko20 said:

Congrats. I'm glad you got it too. Now I can get some peace and quiet. :jest:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

8 hours ago, EllenE1230 said:

So you're telling me it doesn't matter when I do my medical? Even if the medical package arrives at the embassy before whatever comes from the NVC? I just want to be 100% clear, because if I can already schedule it and do it in 1 or 2 weeks I would be very happy.

Yes you can do your medical as long as your Embassy says it's ok. You need the P3 letter to confirm that. Most Embassy's will let you others like to control the process and require you to receive permission from them first. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

1 hour ago, Jlomartin said:

Thank you!  Congrats on receiving your NVC case number!  I am hopeful I can get POE in October sometime.  Just cause our goal is to have completed AOS and green card on hand before May 2019.  I will advise my fiance to call NVC by the end of this month to follow up and if they have an NVC case number for us.  By any chance do you have the contact number for this?

I know you mentioned you have gone ahead and completed your DS-160, is it not too early to do this? 

The DS - 160 is a document that stands alone. It does not affect anything. It does not need to be finished to do anything else but needs to be completed for the interview and it can be completed between now and the day before your interview (as long as you have the WAC#). You can't use it to find any information about your case. You can't use if for anything other than for its original intent and that is for the CO to use during your interview to adjudicate your case. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

The DS - 160 is a document that stands alone. It does not affect anything. It does not need to be finished to do anything else but needs to be completed for the interview and it can be completed between now and the day before your interview (as long as you have the WAC#). You can't use it to find any information about your case. You can't use if for anything other than for its original intent and that is for the CO to use during your interview to adjudicate your case. 

Thank you @Greenbaum! All your responses and advice's are greatly appreciated!  

For the DS-160, is this electronic and then we print it out once filled?  Also do we pay a fee to fill this out?  Do you have the contact number for NVC so we can call to receive our case number?  Once we receive our case number what else am I able to complete?

17 minutes ago, Jlomartin said:

Thank you @Greenbaum! All your responses and advice's are greatly appreciated!  

For the DS-160, is this electronic and then we print it out once filled?  You fill it out online. Once you submit it you can print it. You want to take a screen shot of the confirmation page as you will present that to the CO at your interview.

Also do we pay a fee to fill this out?  There are no additional fee for this document. It's part of the interview at the Embassy.

Do you have the contact number for NVC so we can call to receive our case number? 

Once we receive our case number what else am I able to complete?

1-603-334-0700 or 603-334-0888. Operator assistance is available Monday through Friday from 7:00 AM to 12:00 AM (Eastern Time)

1 for English, then 7 (or 5, but I would go 7 as they would tell you if you should call 5 instead after they receive your case.)

E-mail: NVCInquiry@state.gov    I highly recommend you email NVC for the case number, even if you call and get it, this will give you a correspondence from NVC with the case number for future reference.  The email request for your case number is also a great way to track when your file is forwarded to the Embassy as NVC will not reply to the email until that time. 

REQUIRED SECURITY INFORMATION:

You are required to provide the following security information with each inquiry to receive a case specific response:

* NVC Case Number or USCIS Receipt Number (Place in the subject line of the e-mail).

* Petitioner's name and date of birth.

( NOTE: If the visa petition is employment-based, include the employer's company/organization name instead of the petitioner's name and date of birth. )

* Principal Applicant's name and date of birth.

--- Use this site to check When your file ships from NVC to your Embassy:  State Dept. visa tracking:  https://ceac.state.g...ker/Status.aspx?

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

6 hours ago, Frinch0418 said:

July 6 no2...waiting now our mcn..im the beneficiary from the philippines :)

..after we get the case number ..NVC still going to mail my fiancee for checklist? or the next steps? Thank you guys :) 

Once you receive your case number it's time to be in charge of what time you choose when things get down. To smooth that trail for your I have a few things that will help you process your visa there in the Philippines.

Start by visiting Hanks site where he has taken the time and research, and of course it helps if you spent 8 plus years helping folks in the Philippines sub-forum get their visas, where he has listed each step. With those steps he includes the what, when and why to completing the item. Many have used the website and have had little or NO problems securing a visa from USEM.

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/k-1-visa-application.html

Next you'll want to connect with those who are processing through the Philippines in the VJ Philippines sub-forum that way you will be with like minded ppl who are sharing their experiences and also asking and answering questions. Since most in this thread are processing through another country they would be hard pressed to explain what is needed for the Philippines.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

You'll find this on Hank's website but I will give it to you early and that is the Packet 3 Letter for USEM. It's found here:

https://ph.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee-visa/the-interview/

Here is the Packet 3 letter.

https://ph.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/82/2016/08/K1-and-K2-Applicant-Interview-Preparation-Instructions-08112016-English-336KB.pdf

There you have it. Everything you need to get your visa. Good luck and smooth sailing.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
12 hours ago, Rocko20 said:

*Correction, July 19th

At this point I’m waiting the 10 or so days it takes for NVC to get the case number a long with filling out the affidavit of support and other checklist 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Rocko20 said:

*Correction, July 19th

At this point I’m waiting the 10 or so days it takes for NVC to get the case number a long with filling out the affidavit of support and other checklist 

Congratulations!🎉🎊🎈 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

Once you receive your case number it's time to be in charge of what time you choose when things get down. To smooth that trail for your I have a few things that will help you process your visa there in the Philippines.

Start by visiting Hanks site where he has taken the time and research, and of course it helps if you spent 8 plus years helping folks in the Philippines sub-forum get their visas, where he has listed each step. With those steps he includes the what, when and why to completing the item. Many have used the website and have had little or NO problems securing a visa from USEM.

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/k-1-visa-application.html

Next you'll want to connect with those who are processing through the Philippines in the VJ Philippines sub-forum that way you will be with like minded ppl who are sharing their experiences and also asking and answering questions. Since most in this thread are processing through another country they would be hard pressed to explain what is needed for the Philippines.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

You'll find this on Hank's website but I will give it to you early and that is the Packet 3 Letter for USEM. It's found here:

https://ph.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee-visa/the-interview/

Here is the Packet 3 letter.

https://ph.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/82/2016/08/K1-and-K2-Applicant-Interview-Preparation-Instructions-08112016-English-336KB.pdf

There you have it. Everything you need to get your visa. Good luck and smooth sailing.

Thank you so much @Greenbaum

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi guys, 

Congrats to all all those recently approved. Please feel free to click back on various pages of this thread. I’ve lost count of how many times we have seen certain countries packet 3 uploaded.

It is hard to keep scrolling through this thread to keep key updates such as whether anyone is in transit from NVC as the same thing Packet 3 keeps coming again and again despite already being posted several times. Just click back or even connect with your countries embassy thread as that will give you all you need to know and FAQ as countries are different. Don’t want to be disrespectful and want this thread to be used to best effect if possible! 

Edited by jakejon

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.