dearvj

Please help

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi I’m new here …….anyone have experience that had using a drug 4 years ago??

Because on June 1 is my medical and im afraid about it cause i use drugs 4 years ago? They can discover it??? ... Oh my god! I cannot stop thinking about what might happen in that day! all the forms and papers were done...only waiting for that day Please help me :help:

How Bad Boys Attract So Many Beautiful Women???

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

WELL I DONT CONDONE USING DRUGS

HARMFUL THING

BUT I WOULD THINK YOU ARE IN THE CLEAR

AS FOR THE NON-DRUG, THE PLANT OF MARIJUANA

THAT WILL CLEAR OUT OF YOUR SYSTEM IN 2 WEEKS TO 1 MONTH

SO I WOULD THINK THAT DRUGS WILL SURELY HAVE CLEANED OUT IN 4 YEARS

I THINK YOU ARE OK

AND BEST OF LUCK TO YOU

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
Hi I’m new here …….anyone have experience that had using a drug 4 years ago??

Because on June 1 is my medical and im afraid about it cause i use drugs 4 years ago? They can discover it??? ... Oh my god! I cannot stop thinking about what might happen in that day! all the forms and papers were done...only waiting for that day Please help me :help:

How do you think they can detect drugs in your system from FOUR years ago? They can't.

Drug abuse or addiction is a visa ineligibility requiring a waiver. Therefore, if you are asked about drug use at the medical or interivew, be sure to tell the truth and make it very clear that it was FOUR years ago so there is no question that you are NOT a drug addict or abuser.

Take a look at this link: http://www.libertydrugtest.com/times.htm I would say you have nothing to worry about and would encourage you to refrain from drug use all together. Good luck with your petition :thumbs:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Timeline
Take a look at this link: http://www.libertydrugtest.com/times.htm I would say you have nothing to worry about and would encourage you to refrain from drug use all together. Good luck with your petition :thumbs:

thank you so much for the really quick responses :innocent:

That is a difficult thing to answer during the medical. How old are you? We are always told to tell the truth. Use of illegal drugs (not only those categorized as drug addicts), even one time use can have a back lash. Illegal drug use is a reason for visa denial.

2 scenarios: A 50+ year old man applying for Immigrant visa (petitioned by wife), was denied visa because he admitted that during his teens (18 year old) he "tried" Marijuana once out of curiosity. Out of frustrations and anger, he said he would not go to this Country (US) anymore. -> this is my friend's relative.

A 24 y/o man (petitoned by his Mother) was denied visa because he admitted using drugs for years when he was younger. Now, he is banned from entering US, and all his family and siblings are already in the US. -> this is my co-employee's cousin.

Use of Illegal drugs is ground for Visa ineligibility/denial but there's a waiver for this.

Meth and Marijauna is usually cleared out from our system in a week's time, so refrain from taking any drugs/medications atleast a motnh before your medical. Also refrain from taking alcoholic beverages and smoking (if you do smoke) in the mean time. Drink lots of fluids, eat healthy foods, have a healthy life style.

HELEN

agif003.gif

22 February 2010 - mailed the N-400 packet

02 March 2010 - Check encashed/I-797C NOA

03 March 2010 - USCIS Acceptance Confirmation via e-mail and text message

06 March 2010 - received I-797C, Notice of Action/Receipt

01 April 2010 - Biometrics Appointment (Biometrics done 4/7/10)

27 April 2010 - received I-797C/ Request to Appear for Naturalization Interview

02 June 2010 - Interview schedule

17 June 2010 - Oath Taking (Memorial Auditorium, Sacramento, CA)

Timeline
That is a difficult thing to answer during the medical. How old are you? We are always told to tell the truth. Use of illegal drugs (not only those categorized as drug addicts), even one time use can have a back lash. Illegal drug use is a reason for visa denial.

2 scenarios: A 50+ year old man applying for Immigrant visa (petitioned by wife), was denied visa because he admitted that during his teens (18 year old) he "tried" Marijuana once out of curiosity. Out of frustrations and anger, he said he would not go to this Country (US) anymore. -> this is my friend's relative.

A 24 y/o man (petitoned by his Mother) was denied visa because he admitted using drugs for years when he was younger. Now, he is banned from entering US, and all his family and siblings are already in the US. -> this is my co-employee's cousin.

Use of Illegal drugs is ground for Visa ineligibility/denial but there's a waiver for this.

Meth and Marijauna is usually cleared out from our system in a week's time, so refrain from taking any drugs/medications atleast a motnh before your medical. Also refrain from taking alcoholic beverages and smoking (if you do smoke) in the mean time. Drink lots of fluids, eat healthy foods, have a healthy life style.

I'm not a drug addict ...I was just try before for 2 times but it was 4 years ago and yeah I do smoke I just stop smoking two weeks ago. I smoke 1 stick for one day sometimes 2. hmmm im kind of nervous now.

Well I'm 23 years old now. I use to taste drugs when I was 19 years old. :crying:

Timeline
IT WONT SHOW UP

AND DRUGS MAKE YOU FORGET

SO IF YOU CANT REMEMBER YOU EVER USED A DRUG

DO NOT SAY SO

DO NOT SAY SO!!

I plan not to say cause it was long time ago I already forget those dark side of my life..this things so stressful really i want this to be over soooo soon. :crying:

I'm not a drug addict ...I was just try before for 2 times but it was 4 years ago and yeah I do smoke I just stop smoking two weeks ago. I smoke 1 stick for one day sometimes 2. hmmm im kind of nervous now.

Well I'm 23 years old now. I use to taste drugs when I was 19 years old. :crying:

Good for you, cigarettes are the hardest to give up

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Timeline

Good for you, cigarettes are the hardest to give up

Yeah your right but for me isn’t hard to give up cause cause cigarettes isn’t my habit yey eating hotdog is my hobbit lol just teasin..... :yes::) peace

Yup. I have seen on these forums that simple "yes I tried marijuana once" turn in to a visa denial.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

DEAN AND SHERYL

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I don't even think that my husband's doctor asked him about drug use. There may have been one question about being an addict (maybe) - but I don't think so.

I don't suggest lying - but I do suggest answering only what you are asked - and no more.

It doesn't seem that they are interested in whether or not you tried a drug once, but rather if you were ever addicted.

However, every consulate may be different - I'm just trying to help.

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

04/2007 - Apply for AOS & EAD

07/2007 - EAD approved

01/2008 - Conditional Residency approved

11/2009 - Apply to remove conditions

02/2010 - Permanent Residency approved

11/2010 - Apply for Citizenship

03/2011 - Citizenship approved

07/2011 - Moved back to Brazil

Timeline
I don't even think that my husband's doctor asked him about drug use. There may have been one question about being an addict (maybe) - but I don't think so.

I don't suggest lying - but I do suggest answering only what you are asked - and no more.

It doesn't seem that they are interested in whether or not you tried a drug once, but rather if you were ever addicted.

However, every consulate may be different - I'm just trying to help.

Yeah I know you do and i want to say thank you....pray for me huh??!!!

goodluck

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.