AdamAndRV

SLEC Medical Examination 2018 Experience

109 posts in this topic

The expiration of the Visa usually it takes 6 months. BUT... it will be shorter than 6 months once your medical expires.

Our medical will expire on 28th of August, soooo our VISA will expire on 28th of August too even it was releases last 17th of May 2019.

That means, if your fiance had her VISA already she has travel since she still needs to process her Green Card, Social Security and etc before her VISA expires. 

Edited by Allien Rose

10 minutes ago, Ljay said:

Hi, Hank... how long is the validity of the medical examination for K1 Visa? I hear 6 months, then I hear 3 months. If my fiancee is issued a visa this June, but will not be leaving for the US til August, will her medical still be valid?

The expiration of the Visa usually it takes 6 months. BUT... it will be shorter than 6 months once your medical expires.

Such,

Our medical will expire on 28th of August, soooo our VISA will expire on 28th of August too even it was released last 17th of May 2019.

That means, if your fiance had her VISA already she has to travel since she still needs to process her Green Card, Social Security and etc before her VISA expires. 

And, she also has to file a resignation as soon as possible whether she is a public employee or a private employee. She has to. 

Edited by Allien Rose

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
57 minutes ago, Ljay said:

Hi, Hank... how long is the validity of the medical examination for K1 Visa? I hear 6 months, then I hear 3 months. If my fiancee is issued a visa this June, but will not be leaving for the US til August, will her medical still be valid?

In regards to the visa, the medical is valid for 6 months.  The visa validity is tied to the medical with a maximum of 6 months, there will be an expiration date on the visa .. be in the USA before that date.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

• 5 months later...
Filed: FB-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 2/11/2019 at 3:31 AM, Allien Rose said:

Hello! I need your help. My mother was petitioned by her sister when she was still single. F4 category.

She doesn't have kids at that time. 

Now that we have us, at the petitione filed was approved a year ago. she included the 3 of us for US IMMIGRANT VISA. 

For US IMMIGRANT VISA, do we have the process for medical exams? My aunt kept on asking me to do research about how many days would it take to have the results and if there is a abnormalities how long would it take to fix it? 

imageproxy.php?img=&key=ea9668e88603f7d4imageproxy.php?img=&key=ea9668e88603f7d4imageproxy.php?img=&key=ea9668e88603f7d4imageproxy.php?img=&key=ea9668e88603f7d4

I am confuse which step to take first, and I think it is better to ask you who experienced it already. Our interview will be March 9, 2019 and we hope you'll give me a reply soon. 🙏🏻

I also emailed the St. Lukes about my inquiries but they just replied me with a confusing email. 

Hi are you all below 21? Any updates on the interview? Hope you got approved by now❤️

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Maej10 said:

Is it possible that St. Luke's will be the one to send our lab results and xray to the US embassy?  F2A case here,   they don't handed me a brown envelope.  I only have my children's vaccination summary and mine as well.  Thank u!  

ive honestly heard both happening, yesterday we did St. Luke and they handed us the Brown envelop. they didnt tell us any results, they just said if you didnt do additional testing you're fine.  we are K1 visa with no kids

I guess it depends on the case?  We also finished our med exam yesterday. They just told me to bring the receipt and vaccination worksheet copies to our interview.  I ask some friends and they told me that they handed a brown envelope during their interview.  I was quiet confuse now though i asked 1 employee if that's the only thing need and he said yes.  

Timeline
5 hours ago, Maej10 said:

Is it possible that St. Luke's will be the one to send our lab results and xray to the US embassy?  F2A case here,   they don't handed me a brown envelope.  I only have my children's vaccination summary and mine as well.  Thank u!  

SLEC is switching over to electronic files to coincide with the new electronic file system for the visa process.   No more envelopes with files to be carried to the embassy or POE later.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

• 3 months later...

Hi Everyone!!!!!

UPDATE: 

My mom and I with two of my siblings got here in States already. But 3 of my family members are applied to FOLLOW. 

My mom’s sister, petitioned my mom 26 years ago. But she received the Welcome letter last 2017. We processed the papers for the whole 2 years. And last year, which is 2019 I was about to turn 21 at that month APRIL and our visa interview was March 2019. And LUCKILY, my case got approved and I was able to join them here in states. Thank God Actually. 

actually, my Aunt petition all of my family members, but we cannot handle all the expenses if we migrate same at the time. We are seven in a family and four of us are here in states but three of them are still in Philippines. 

their case was stated “TO FOLLOW” and my aunt told me that the visa for the whole family was approved already. All we need to do is to pay for it. 

So my question is, HOW CAN I PAY THE FEES FOR VISA APPLICATION FOR THE REMAINING MEMBERS WHO ARE STILL IN PENDING????

i hope u guys see this, I badly need a help. :(

thank u for helping me guys tho

On 12/6/2019 at 3:32 AM, Hank_ said:

SLEC is switching over to electronic files to coincide with the new electronic file system for the visa process.   No more envelopes with files to be carried to the embassy or POE later.

Hi Mr, Hank. I posted a new update for this Thread. Uhmmm, i hope you will be able to read it. Thank youuu so much for all of your help in our VISAJOURNEY. Now, I am encountering new struggle in paying Visa fees. My three family members are still in PH. My aunt actually petitioned everybody in my family, but only four of us Manage to come here in states. But the three members, their case was still pending due to insufficient documents. Now all of the documents are passed, we need to pay the visa application. My dad, and two siblings case status is TO FOLLOW snd pending 

Timeline
56 minutes ago, Allien Rose said:

Hi Everyone!!!!!

UPDATE: 

My mom and I with two of my siblings got here in States already. But 3 of my family members are applied to FOLLOW. 

My mom’s sister, petitioned my mom 26 years ago. But she received the Welcome letter last 2017. We processed the papers for the whole 2 years. And last year, which is 2019 I was about to turn 21 at that month APRIL and our visa interview was March 2019. And LUCKILY, my case got approved and I was able to join them here in states. Thank God Actually. 

actually, my Aunt petition all of my family members, but we cannot handle all the expenses if we migrate same at the time. We are seven in a family and four of us are here in states but three of them are still in Philippines. 

their case was stated “TO FOLLOW” and my aunt told me that the visa for the whole family was approved already. All we need to do is to pay for it. 

So my question is, HOW CAN I PAY THE FEES FOR VISA APPLICATION FOR THE REMAINING MEMBERS WHO ARE STILL IN PENDING????

i hope u guys see this, I badly need a help. :(

thank u for helping me guys tho

To Follow with an immigrant visa .. this is new to me.   Are all the case files at the embassy or NVC?   I ask because normally the visa fee is paid at NVC, with a few exceptions.   

If the case files are all at the embassy then I will suggest to contact the embassy.  I did some searching online and I did not find any info on the F visa for paying at BPI so I am going to guess it is paid at the embassy.   I know before the Direct Consulate Filing (immigrant visas) was discontinued the visa fee was paid at the embassy.

Here is the contact info

Contacting the Embassy
Manila Visa Information and Appointment Service center hotlines at (632) 548-8223, (632) 792-8988.
The center is open Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (Manila time), except on Philippine and U.S. holidays.

Callers in the U.S should call (703) 520-2235 on its Eastern Standard Time equivalent of operation hours.

Skype: To use Skype to speak to a customer service representative Monday Friday from 8:00am to 8:00pm., please add a new contact to your Skype account with the Skype name ustraveldocs-philippines.

EMAIL:   IVMANILAREPLIES@STATE.GOV

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

49 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

To Follow with an immigrant visa .. this is new to me.   Are all the case files at the embassy or NVC?   I ask because normally the visa fee is paid at NVC, with a few exceptions.   

If the case files are all at the embassy then I will suggest to contact the embassy.  I did some searching online and I did not find any info on the F visa for paying at BPI so I am going to guess it is paid at the embassy.   I know before the Direct Consulate Filing (immigrant visas) was discontinued the visa fee was paid at the embassy.

Here is the contact info

Contacting the Embassy
Manila Visa Information and Appointment Service center hotlines at (632) 548-8223, (632) 792-8988.
The center is open Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (Manila time), except on Philippine and U.S. holidays.

Callers in the U.S should call (703) 520-2235 on its Eastern Standard Time equivalent of operation hours.

Skype: To use Skype to speak to a customer service representative Monday Friday from 8:00am to 8:00pm., please add a new contact to your Skype account with the Skype name ustraveldocs-philippines.

My aunt texted me this.

My mom told me that her sister (my aunt) cannot open or log in the website using our CASE NUMBER and Invoice number

EF165025-2BB3-473C-A43D-EBB062413AB1.jpeg

041353CB-ABA3-4C2D-ABC0-0C4676333353.jpeg

86F5657D-B5F9-4D71-BB11-5B2B5A05CD75.jpeg

1 hour ago, Hank_ said:

Here is the contact info

Contacting the Embassy

This what the status of the remaining case DC0523B4-BF4E-4CD3-A961-724BF730FE3B.thumb.jpeg.4eb8fe08e416175f4e73f89aff46ef64.jpeg

Timeline
8 hours ago, Allien Rose said:

This what the status of the remaining case 

That appears to indicate their cases files are still at NVC (and still need to be processed).  I will include the info I have along with a phone number for NVC as I believe you (your aunt) will need to contact them to get this straightened out.   

For immigrant visas the process is more involved at NVC, you will complete the Affidavit of Support process before the case file will be sent to USEM, Manila.   You will also pay the visa fee at NVC.

Here is a link with details:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/after-petition-approved/begin-nat-visa-center.html

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/PDF-other/Uploading%20to%20CEAC-instrucions.pdf

Immigrant visa:  1-603-334-0700 Operator assistance is available Monday through Friday from 7:00 AM to 12:00 AM (Eastern Time) . For the shortest wait time, begin calling for the NVC Agent at 7:05 am EST M-F.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.