AdamAndRV

SLEC Medical Examination 2018 Experience

109 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
29 minutes ago, Allien Rose said:

Do we need to comply all the requirements that they are asking for? Like CENOMAR and CEMAR for my mom? Like that? 

Or we need to register first and comply the docs? 

Yes, y'all NEED to have the required documents for the interview (15 y.o. doesn't need the CENOMAR)

Follow this process, complete steps 1-4,  and have everything that is listed in STEP 5 checklist

https://ph.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/family-based-immigration/the-interview/

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/19/2019 at 12:53 PM, Allien Rose said:

Hello Hank! Good afternoon. So as what I've said before, my aunt (Mother's sister) filed a petition for my mom when she was still single and no children at that time that my aunt filed it. Now that the petition was approved she's already married and has 5 children. 

Along with my two younger siblings, I am one of the derivate applicants.I am the eldest, I am 21 years old already and still single. I am little bit worried because of my age. What is better thing to do especially for my case and also that our interview will be on March 8, 2019.  

Hello allien

Im from the phil and a derrivative applicant of a f4 visa. We are still waiting for our interview schedule. I just want to know how long did it take for your mom's visa to get approved?  I just want to make sure that i am cspa approved because we dont know the case approval date and the petitioner, my aunt is also not sure. We just received the welcome letter last feb 2019. I just want to know if there are cases that reached 20plus years to be approved or was it just pending after several years. I am already 28 years old and my aunt petitioned us 21 years ago. My name was on the ceac. Paid the fees and my documents were reviewed and received. 

Thanks

On 5/6/2019 at 6:18 AM, Markuz said:

Hello allien

Im from the phil and a derrivative applicant of a f4 visa. We are still waiting for our interview schedule. I just want to know how long did it take for your mom's visa to get approved?  I just want to make sure that i am cspa approved because we dont know the case approval date and the petitioner, my aunt is also not sure. We just received the welcome letter last feb 2019. I just want to know if there are cases that reached 20plus years to be approved or was it just pending after several years. I am already 28 years old and my aunt petitioned us 21 years ago. My name was on the ceac. Paid the fees and my documents were reviewed and received. 

Thanks

Hi Marcus! We received the welcome letter last 2017. I was still 19 years old at that time that we received it. My mom is the prinicipal applicant and 3 of us are derrivative applicants. I guess it took almost 2 years to prepare everything before we received a letter for our interview schedule. And at that time, I was still 21 years old. (I am now 22 years old) 

i was also worried because everything was already paid. 

-

but to be truly honest we really took the risk and prayed that I'll be cspa approved. 

-

We did pursue it since I wasn't born when my aunt filed the F4 case...

-

I'll just give you a short story about our journey in getting our VISA. 

*So Feb 27-28,2019 (medical schedule)

-We had our Medical in St. Lukes, but before I was able to proceed to all the tests. Since I am already 21 at that time, one of the staffs asked me if I have a letter from US EMBASSY that stated that I am approved or nagsasabing pwedi akong mag proceed sa Medical since I am already 21 years old. (Because the fees are not refunded) Parang approval letter siya. Sad to say, I didn't received that letter. So I had to sign a waiver that it is ok to me to proceed to medical test despite the fact that I am not still sure if I am cspa approved. But still took the risk though. 

*March 8,2019 9am (interview schedule)

(Please prepare your cenomar if you are still single)

so on pre-screening, our papers we're screened by a staff before we proceed to the interview. 

the staff gave me a waiver for me to sign (statement of marriageable...)

and she asked us few questions about my aunt. About us, and all. Simple questions about your background. (They usually repeat it several times) 

after that she told us to wait. Because they still have to calculate if I will be cspa approved.

We waited almost 2 hours before she called us again and told me that I am qualified to join my mother. (Sign of relief)

After that, we proceed to the interview. 

If you are bisaya o tagalog, and can hardly express your thoughts in English you can have an interpreter from embassy.

it just took us 10 mins I guess. There are docs that were missing which are IRS and Tax transcript I guess. So yun, need namin e comply yun and send it via 2go. 

We're still under 221g docs. Issued na yung visa namin, but we still didn't know how to track it. 

Just take the risk, I am pretty sure cspa approve ka din. 

By the way, I am not really sure about this. But meron kaming kasunod na applicant, I guess his children were already over 21 siguro. (They all 4 applicants) 

Dalawa ata sila and the other one is under 20. Same din kami, nag intay nang super tagal. But parehas kaming qualified and we all proceeded to the interview. 😊

So I am pretty sure, you are also cspa approved. 

On 4/26/2019 at 8:12 AM, Hank_ said:

Yes, y'all NEED to have the required documents for the interview (15 y.o. doesn't need the CENOMAR)

Follow this process, complete steps 1-4,  and have everything that is listed in STEP 5 checklist

https://ph.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/family-based-immigration/the-interview/

Hello Mr. Hank, Good day!

I am just going to know if how we can track our passport??? 

I already inquire the nearest 2go branch in here but they don't know the answer my question.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Allien Rose said:

Hello Mr. Hank, Good day!

I am just going to know if how we can track our passport??? 

I already inquire the nearest 2go branch in here but they don't know the answer my question.

Delivery & Tracking info near the of this page

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/immigrant-visa-application.html

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

3 hours ago, Allien Rose said:

Hi Marcus! We received the welcome letter last 2017. I was still 19 years old at that time that we received it. My mom is the prinicipal applicant and 3 of us are derrivative applicants. I guess it took almost 2 years to prepare everything before we received a letter for our interview schedule. And at that time, I was still 21 years old. (I am now 22 years old) 

i was also worried because everything was already paid. 

-

but to be truly honest we really took the risk and prayed that I'll be cspa approved. 

-

We did pursue it since I wasn't born when my aunt filed the F4 case...

-

I'll just give you a short story about our journey in getting our VISA. 

*So Feb 27-28,2019 (medical schedule)

-We had our Medical in St. Lukes, but before I was able to proceed to all the tests. Since I am already 21 at that time, one of the staffs asked me if I have a letter from US EMBASSY that stated that I am approved or nagsasabing pwedi akong mag proceed sa Medical since I am already 21 years old. (Because the fees are not refunded) Parang approval letter siya. Sad to say, I didn't received that letter. So I had to sign a waiver that it is ok to me to proceed to medical test despite the fact that I am not still sure if I am cspa approved. But still took the risk though. 

*March 8,2019 9am (interview schedule)

(Please prepare your cenomar if you are still single)

so on pre-screening, our papers we're screened by a staff before we proceed to the interview. 

the staff gave me a waiver for me to sign (statement of marriageable...)

and she asked us few questions about my aunt. About us, and all. Simple questions about your background. (They usually repeat it several times) 

after that she told us to wait. Because they still have to calculate if I will be cspa approved.

We waited almost 2 hours before she called us again and told me that I am qualified to join my mother. (Sign of relief)

After that, we proceed to the interview. 

If you are bisaya o tagalog, and can hardly express your thoughts in English you can have an interpreter from embassy.

it just took us 10 mins I guess. There are docs that were missing which are IRS and Tax transcript I guess. So yun, need namin e comply yun and send it via 2go. 

We're still under 221g docs. Issued na yung visa namin, but we still didn't know how to track it. 

Just take the risk, I am pretty sure cspa approve ka din. 

By the way, I am not really sure about this. But meron kaming kasunod na applicant, I guess his children were already over 21 siguro. (They all 4 applicants) 

Dalawa ata sila and the other one is under 20. Same din kami, nag intay nang super tagal. But parehas kaming qualified and we all proceeded to the interview. 😊

So I am pretty sure, you are also cspa approved. 

Hi allien

That was quite some time din before you were scheduled. So was your name on the letter of schedule for interview received? I did not know st lukes will need to see the cspa approval letter pa din pala. 

I hope everything will go smoothly and we will also be approved. Thank you for sharing your experience. At least i have an idea na whats going going to happen when i get there.  😊

8 minutes ago, Markuz said:

Hi allien

That was quite some time din before you were scheduled. So was your name on the letter of schedule for interview received? I did not know st lukes will need to see the cspa approval letter pa din pala. 

I hope everything will go smoothly and we will also be approved. Thank you for sharing your experience. At least i have an idea na whats going going to happen when i get there.  😊

Yes, my name was in the letter. So, my aunt told me not to worry that much since my name was in the letter. 

Di naman required talaga yung cspa approval letter sa St. Lukes. They are just making sure if you are 100% sure na mag papamedical ka, kasi di refundable yung fees. And di pa sure kung aning decision ng US EMBASSY. Kaya they are giving you option if you'll go through or not.

Yes, it would be much better if you have that letter kasi hindi ka masasayangan sa 17k na ibabayad mo sa St. Lukes. But they will give you a choice. But gladly, I chose to sign the waiver despite that I am not that 100% sure if I am cspa approve.

yes, just pray lang Markuz. Btw, How old werw you when the case was filed?

4 minutes ago, Allien Rose said:

Yes, my name was in the letter. So, my aunt told me not to worry that much since my name was in the letter. 

Di naman required talaga yung cspa approval letter sa St. Lukes. They are just making sure if you are 100% sure na mag papamedical ka, kasi di refundable yung fees. And di pa sure kung aning decision ng US EMBASSY. Kaya they are giving you option if you'll go through or not.

Yes, it would be much better if you have that letter kasi hindi ka masasayangan sa 17k na ibabayad mo sa St. Lukes. But they will give you a choice. But gladly, I chose to sign the waiver despite that I am not that 100% sure if I am cspa approve.

yes, just pray lang Markuz. Btw, How old werw you when the case was filed?

Ahh. I see

I was around 6 or 7 years old. 

Hi there. When did you do the medical exam ?. How many weeks/days before your interview date.?. My interview date is June 3, and I'm thinking to go to Manila last week of May for my medical and until my interview date since I'm living in the province. Is it okay if I do my medical last week of May? Is it not too close to my interview date?. 

12 minutes ago, KPR28 said:

Hi there. When did you do the medical exam ?. How many weeks/days before your interview date.?. My interview date is June 3, and I'm thinking to go to Manila last week of May for my medical and until my interview date since I'm living in the province. Is it okay if I do my medical last week of May? Is it not too close to my interview date?. 

Hello, I am from Cebu. So we decided to stay in Manila for 2 weeks. Our interview sched was March 8,2019.

So we went to Manila last Feb 27 but we decided to have our medical exam on 28th of Feb. and we finished it on March 1. 

After that prepared ourselves for the interview, checking papers works and making it ready. 

After the interview, since we were in 221g case. We have to settle it first before going back home and enjoying Manila. 

We decided to stay there for a week since it wuld be much expensive if we fly back again to Cebu and Manila again. We are four applicants to attend the interview tho. So finding a place to stay there would be much better. 

You can check Artina Homes. We stayed in Unit E in ground floor. We payed 10k to 14k?? (i am not really sure)  for 2 weeks I guess. 

It is around Pasay, not that far from SLEC and and US EMBASSY. 

Ps: that's the cheaper we found tho 😭

And we decided to stay a week before the interview so we can still have days to fix after the medical Exam. And decided to put extra days after the interview for us to be able to fix if there would be problem we might encounter. 

Thank you for your infos. I'm from Bicol and planning to do my medical exam May 27-28 and stay there until my interview date. I'm just kinda worried if the days I alloted will be enough for me to finish medical and prepare for the interview cos I've read some comments that sometimes the measles vaccine is unavailable so they need to wait for them to get vaccinated. 😊

1 hour ago, Allien Rose said:

Hello, I am from Cebu. So we decided to stay in Manila for 2 weeks. Our interview sched was March 8,2019.

So we went to Manila last Feb 27 but we decided to have our medical exam on 28th of Feb. and we finished it on March 1. 

After that prepared ourselves for the interview, checking papers works and making it ready. 

After the interview, since we were in 221g case. We have to settle it first before going back home and enjoying Manila. 

We decided to stay there for a week since it wuld be much expensive if we fly back again to Cebu and Manila again. We are four applicants to attend the interview tho. So finding a place to stay there would be much better. 

You can check Artina Homes. We stayed in Unit E in ground floor. We payed 10k to 14k?? (i am not really sure)  for 2 weeks I guess. 

It is around Pasay, not that far from SLEC and and US EMBASSY. 

Ps: that's the cheaper we found tho 😭

And we decided to stay a week before the interview so we can still have days to fix after the medical Exam. And decided to put extra days after the interview for us to be able to fix if there would be problem we might encounter. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 hours ago, KPR28 said:

Thank you for your infos. I'm from Bicol and planning to do my medical exam May 27-28 and stay there until my interview date. I'm just kinda worried if the days I alloted will be enough for me to finish medical and prepare for the interview cos I've read some comments that sometimes the measles vaccine is unavailable so they need to wait for them to get vaccinated. 😊

If any vaccinations are not available,  this will not prevent your interview from happening 

YMMV

Timeline
6 hours ago, KPR28 said:

You can complete the medical a couple days before the interview without issue.    Leave at least one full day between the 2nd day of the medical and the interview .. for just in case.

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/k-1-visa-application.html

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.