AdamAndRV

SLEC Medical Examination 2018 Experience

109 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, Allien Rose said:

Do we need to have medical first before the interview, right? 

Yes, without the medical and you will be turned away from the interview

YMMV

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Allien Rose said:

Do we need to have medical first before the interview, right? 

Yes.   You will not be allowed to complete the interview without the medical being completed and the file being at the embassy.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Allien Rose said:

Hello Mr Hank, we were scheduled to have our interview on March 8. 

I would like to clarify if we still have to include from STEP1 to STEP4? My father kept on asking me about that. Should we include from step 1 to step 4 or only STEP 5? 

All steps 

YMMV

Timeline
23 minutes ago, Allien Rose said:

Hello Mr Hank, we were scheduled to have our interview on March 8. 

I would like to clarify if we still have to include from STEP1 to STEP4? My father kept on asking me about that. Should we include from step 1 to step 4 or only STEP 5? 

Yes.   1 - You must complete the DS-160.  2- You must print out the confirmation page of the DS-160.   3- You must complete the profile and 4- you must register a delivery address for the visa to be delivered

Step 5 is a checklist of what documents, etc are required for the interview.    Follow that also.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Got it! thank you very much. 

I have another question, on step 1 we have to file online forms? Step 3 create a profile and step 4 register a delivery address. 

Since we are 4 (derivative applicants of my mom) who are applying an Immigrant US VISA. Do we still have to file the onliNe forms in STEP1 invidually and for step 3 too? How about the step4 do we have to register our delivery address individually? 

IMG_5949.PNG

IMG_5950.PNG

Timeline
3 hours ago, Allien Rose said:

Got it! thank you very much. 

I have another question, on step 1 we have to file online forms? Step 3 create a profile and step 4 register a delivery address. 

Since we are 4 (derivative applicants of my mom) who are applying an Immigrant US VISA. Do we still have to file the onliNe forms in STEP1 invidually and for step 3 too? How about the step4 do we have to register our delivery address individually? 

IMG_5949.PNG

IMG_5950.PNG

Ah  IMMIGRANT visa. Your Timeline & profile on VJ doesn't show your visa type, it would be helpful if you added that info.. saves giving you bad info.    That changes a few things...   You each need to complete the DS-260 if you have not done so yet.   And still 1-2-3-4

I will get you the checklist for immigrant visa.      Most everything is the same, except for the DS-260  and a few things with the checklist in Step 5

https://ph.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/family-based-immigration/the-interview/

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Hello Hank! Good afternoon. So as what I've said before, my aunt (Mother's sister) filed a petition for my mom when she was still single and no children at that time that my aunt filed it. Now that the petition was approved she's already married and has 5 children. 

Along with my two younger siblings, I am one of the derivate applicants.I am the eldest, I am 21 years old already and still single. I am little bit worried because of my age. What is better thing to do especially for my case and also that our interview will be on March 8, 2019.  

Edited by Allien Rose

Timeline
5 hours ago, Allien Rose said:

Hello Hank! Good afternoon. So as what I've said before, my aunt (Mother's sister) filed a petition for my mom when she was still single and no children at that time that my aunt filed it. Now that the petition was approved she's already married and has 5 children. 

Along with my two younger siblings, I am one of the derivate applicants.I am the eldest, I am 21 years old already and still single. I am little bit worried because of my age. What is better thing to do especially for my case and also that our interview will be on March 8, 2019.  

I do not know the finer details of the aging-out issue, but it appears under the CSPA you could be fine (could).  Best thing you can do is attend the interview.

The Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) defines a child as a person who is both unmarried and under 21 years old. If someone applies for lawful permanent resident (LPR) status as a child but turns 21 before being approved for LPR status (also known as getting a Green Card), that person can no longer be considered a child for immigration purposes. This situation is commonly referred to as “aging out” and often means that these applicants would have to file a new petition or application, wait even longer to get a Green Card, or may no longer be eligible for a Green Card.

Congress recognized that many children were aging out due to large USCIS processing backlogs, so it enacted the Child Status Protection Act (CSPA) to protect certain children from aging out. The CSPA went into effect on August 6, 2002.

CSPA does not change the definition of a child. Instead, CSPA provides a method for calculating a person’s age to see if they meet the definition of a child for immigration purposes. The calculated age is the child’s “CSPA age.” This allows some people to remain classified as children beyond their 21st birthday. However, CSPA does not change the requirement that you must be unmarried in order to remain eligible for classification as a child.

https://www.uscis.gov/greencard/child-status-protection-act

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

• 1 month later...

Hello Mr. Hank, thank you for helping my visajourney tho. 

Well, we are still under 221g due to lacking of documents that's why we need to submit another documents from my aunt and his husband like IRS Transcript and Form I-864A (her husband) and also our passports via 2go courier. 

We submit it last April1,2019 and received last April 3. And the last time I checked our visa case it was updated last April 5,2019. 

Based on our case, how many weeks would it take before we get back our passports again? 

And is there a big chances that we can get VISA since we already submitted the lacking documents?

Edited by Allien Rose
Spelling

Timeline
57 minutes ago, Allien Rose said:

Hello Mr. Hank, thank you for helping my visajourney tho. 

Well, we are still under 221g due to lacking of documents that's why we need to submit another documents from my aunt and his husband like IRS Transcript and Form I-864A (her husband) and also our passports via 2go courier. 

We submit it last April1,2019 and received last April 3. And the last time I checked our visa case it was updated last April 5,2019. 

Based on our case, how many weeks would it take before we get back our passports again? 

And is there a big chances that we can get VISA since we already submitted the lacking documents?

Right now you just need to be patient.   

Missing documents can add weeks or even months to the process.  As noted in STEP 5  

https://ph.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee-visa/the-interview/

"Please bring all the required documents to your visa interview to facilitate same-day approval. Note that you risk SIGNIFICANT DELAYS by failing to bring all documentary requirements to your interview. "

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Oh, okay. Hope it will be only weeks tho.

The processing would take weeks depends on applicants case right? 

Uhm, do you have idea about how long would it take for us to get our passports? Since it's F4 (yeah, its F4 category)... 

or any hints that you also got from fellow pinoys that fall in the same category that we also have. 

Timeline
8 hours ago, Allien Rose said:

Oh, okay. Hope it will be only weeks tho.

The processing would take weeks depends on applicants case right? 

Uhm, do you have idea about how long would it take for us to get our passports? Since it's F4 (yeah, its F4 category)... 

or any hints that you also got from fellow pinoys that fall in the same category that we also have. 

F4 isn't processed any different than another other immigrant visa.     Missing documents always adds a few weeks to the processing .. at a minimum

Do take note that the embassy is not open for U.S. or Philippine holidays ... 

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.