dwheels76

NVC Filers - July 2018

2,281 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, The C&J said:

Thank you so much! I'm just worried about my IV Application. Not sure if I should include a letter explaining why I dont have a police certificate from the US. And if I should include a copy of my DS2019 (it's a document from my internship before). I've read somewhere that I dont need to provide it but someone got a rfe because she didnt provide it. So I dont know what to believe haha

I feel you on this. 

When I and my family migrated here in America, we also went through the manual process of submitting documents. 

In my opinion, if the document supports whatever you stated in your application: like let's say in DS-260 there is a question if did you ever applied for a US Visa, and obviously internship visa is a type of visa, am I right? 

Then you need to support this statement, hence your DS2019. 

Maybe some people can add some points too about this topic. :whistle:

28 minutes ago, Wynona said:

I feel you on this. 

When I and my family migrated here in America, we also went through the manual process of submitting documents. 

In my opinion, if the document supports whatever you stated in your application: like let's say in DS-260 there is a question if did you ever applied for a US Visa, and obviously internship visa is a type of visa, am I right? 

Then you need to support this statement, hence your DS2019. 

Maybe some people can add some points too about this topic. :whistle:

Well, it wont be a problem if I include those kind of supporting documents right? Like the letter why I dont have a police clearance/certificate, ds2019, etc?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 minute ago, Reqahmed said:

Hi what's update about your case?I send my files on last Friday but haven't call them

When was your scan date?

Mine was 7/12.. Hopefully we get a CC this weekend 

2 minutes ago, Abies said:

When did nvc receive your package?

I don't know. they send on Friday from us.i tried to call them nvc today but had to drop it's takes to long.

Edited by Reqahmed

Timeline
1 minute ago, Reqahmed said:

I don't know. they send on Friday from us.i tried to call them nvc today but had to drop it's takes to long.

Ok 

2 minutes ago, dshah1992 said:

Thanks Abies!

You are welcome 

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Reqahmed said:

Did u call them?

Yes.. we called on 7/13 and we were told that our scan date was 7/12 after receiving our petition on 7/11.

Edited by Abies

4 hours ago, Mansour said:

how is the xam going ? is it one session or more and when to get the results and the papers for the embassy ? the 8 hours away clinic jhas 5 day ahead of the interview only.

When you get there they'll let you know. You just have to go. So I advise you set an appointment and make it. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline
4 hours ago, CadeMcNown said:

Is it truly 3-5 weeks now for pivot cases to get case number or is that old news? I've seen 2 different sources tell me that and am having trouble not getting my hopes up when I was expecting 8-9.

got mine on monday on my 9th week of waiting -non pivot. wish you all the best

MY JOURNEY INTO GETTING A FIRST-TIME GREEN CARD, RENEWING A GREEN CARD, AND OBTAINING U.S. CITIZENSHIP:

I-130: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2020/08/23/my-spouse-visa-process-and-timeline-ir1-cr1/ From Colombia 🇨🇴

I-751: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2020/09/12/i-751-joint-petition-to-remove-conditions-on-residence/From Japan 🇯🇵 (Military spouse overseas)

N-400: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2022/08/03/3430/ From Japan 🇯🇵 

BLOG:  https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/inmigr/   

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.