VB-100

Parents B1/B2 Visa got Denied

52 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, Jojo92122 said:

The US Embassy advises not to make travel arrangements before having a visa in hand, so how would it be viewed negatively as well when it's following the exact advice from the embassy?  Your logic is flawed.  

Exactly.

obviously if they ask she should have some idea of what she plans to see, but she’s not expected to have bought tickets. And as others have sad, tickets mean nothing. The majority of people illegally in the US are not those who swam across the Rio Grande, but those who entered on non-immigrant visa and just stayed, and almost all of those would have had return tickets.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
1 hour ago, ms_bobdog said:

That’s my biggest question mark, since she couldn’t submit any documents with the DS-160 nor was she given the chance to present any at the interview 🤷‍♀️

Only matters if she has such documents, what are they?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

4 hours ago, Boiler said:

Only matters if she has such documents, what are they?

Her biggest proof of her ties to her home country is her home ownership. And her children are all in Malaysia. 

40 minutes ago, ms_bobdog said:

Her biggest proof of her ties to her home country is her home ownership. And her children are all in Malaysia. 

Home ownership isn't s strong tie by itself; many naturalized USCs are homeowners in other countries. 

It could be seen as a tie in combination with other factors however, and COs look at multiple factors when adjudicating a B2 application. 

I-751 journey

10/16/2017.......... ROC package mailed

10/18/2017.......... I-751 package received VSC

10/19/2017.......... I-797 NOA date

10/30/2017.......... Notice received in mail

10/30/2017.......... Check cashed

11/02/2017.......... Conditional GC expired

11/22/2017.......... Biometrics completed

xx/xx/xxxx.......... waiting waiting waiting

1 hour ago, WeGuyGal said:

Home ownership isn't s strong tie by itself; many naturalized USCs are homeowners in other countries. 

It could be seen as a tie in combination with other factors however, and COs look at multiple factors when adjudicating a B2 application. 

Exactly, we and a good number of the immigrant friends we know still own property in our (original) home countries. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
3 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

Exactly, we and a good number of the immigrant friends we know still own property in our (original) home countries. 

Well I do.

The issue I was querying was the documents or documents that would have been crucial.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline
On 6/30/2018 at 12:29 AM, ms_bobdog said:

That being the case, she has no way to convince the CO that she is only going to be there for a temporary visit? I believe a major issue is that she is unemployed (she is 60 years old and my father supports her financially). She does have children who all live in this region, but again, there is no way for her to offer that information if the CO doesn't want to hear it or see it?

Could you get more details on what happened during her interview? If she has children living in this region, I find it weird that she was not asked about it at all. 

My Dad is retired and my mom is technically unemployed (housewife) but they had no issues getting B2 from the same embassy. :/ 

i do know that the interview officer did ask repeatedly in a few different questions that would imply they might overstay like 

‘so then after the wedding, you will be staying with your daughter there?’ Or a different question with the same meaning and my parent had to keep answering ‘no, we will all be coming back and we have our wedding reception dinner here in Malaysia later this year’ Before they got approved.

And you don’t need to have flight tickets but having a clear idea of where you plan to travel is important.

Example : I gave them a California travel itinerary and if asked about Colorado and they give a vague answer or they don’t answer ‘no, we are not going to Colorado, this trip is only to attend the wedding and travel California’ then the interview officer would also likely reject. 

This is just from my experience so I hope it helps 

Edited by Muffinji

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.