LizandJordan

Montreal interview k-1 scheduling

46 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Just now, tpommm said:

Also, did you get an initial email from Montreal to send your P3 documents or did you just send them before?

Thanks in advance

I did not get packet 3 I sent it in once last week and then today and about an hour or two later today they sent me the you can now book your interview email! And luckily enough there were dates available! 

Timeline

I'm going through my email I got from the embassy today and theres a portion that confused me a bit:

You must have the Passport Number, Date of Birth, Nationality, MTL case number, and visa category for each applicant (principal applicant and all family members, including children) ready in order to access the website. When prompted to select “Trip Purpose”, you must choose ‘Permanently Immigrate to the US.’ After entering your information, you will be prompted to select an appointment time for you and your family.

But I can only remember the option for the K Visa and I'm pretty sure I did it right because I was able to pay the correct fee for the K1 Visa process.

Am I crazy or should I be worried? I just can't remember seeing purpose for my trip when going through the selecting interview process! 

Timeline
29 minutes ago, bcadenhead said:

I'm going through my email I got from the embassy today and theres a portion that confused me a bit:

You must have the Passport Number, Date of Birth, Nationality, MTL case number, and visa category for each applicant (principal applicant and all family members, including children) ready in order to access the website. When prompted to select “Trip Purpose”, you must choose ‘Permanently Immigrate to the US.’ After entering your information, you will be prompted to select an appointment time for you and your family.

But I can only remember the option for the K Visa and I'm pretty sure I did it right because I was able to pay the correct fee for the K1 Visa process.

Am I crazy or should I be worried? I just can't remember seeing purpose for my trip when going through the selecting interview process! 

To add to this when you created your account did you select: I have received a letter from the consular section with instructions to register or schedule a K visa appointment. OR: 

I have received a letter from the consular section with instructions to schedule an immigrant visa appointment.

Timeline
Just now, sumbunny said:

We selected K Visa appointment. I believe someone did the other and they had their appointment cancelled. Not 100% on that though! Good luck!

Okay I thought so I picked K Visa appointment as well and the fee was correct for the K1 so I think its good. I can probably call to confirm though! 

Timeline
8 hours ago, bcadenhead said:

Okay I thought so I picked K Visa appointment as well and the fee was correct for the K1 so I think its good. I can probably call to confirm though! 

I was the one that did this and my interview was canceled! It looks like other people have done it too. If you paid the $265 you're probably good. If you look at applicant details it should say k1 not immigrant 

On 7/11/2018 at 11:48 AM, bcadenhead said:

I did not get packet 3 I sent it in once last week and then today and about an hour or two later today they sent me the you can now book your interview email! And luckily enough there were dates available! 

What dates specifically were available? I just got "ready" today. 

Timeline
11 hours ago, Liz Bohne said:

I was the one that did this and my interview was canceled! It looks like other people have done it too. If you paid the $265 you're probably good. If you look at applicant details it should say k1 not immigrant 

Ahh that sucks I'm sorry about that but yes I paid $265 but in the details under Visa Class it says K Visa (Fiance/Spouse/Child) thats the same thing right?

Timeline
2 hours ago, DeepakChani said:

What dates specifically were available? I just got "ready" today. 

When I went to book Aug 9, 15, 22 were available I booked the 22nd mainly because as much as I'd love to rush it I wanted to give myself some time to organize things and finish up everything so I was ready to go once I got approved! 

Timeline
10 minutes ago, bcadenhead said:

Ahh that sucks I'm sorry about that but yes I paid $265 but in the details under Visa Class it says K Visa (Fiance/Spouse/Child) thats the same thing right?

Yes! Sounds like you should be good

On 6/30/2018 at 7:56 PM, bcadenhead said:

Hey everyone! I'm not at the scheduling stage yet but we got our "ready" status this week. I've been trying to find out what happens next. From what I have read some people have gotten emails and others got nothing but just sent in their packet and received either an email that said please wait for us to contact or straight up got packet 4. I'm honestly just looking for some guidance of how its technically supposed to go and what to expect or what I should do because I do have everything ready for packet 3.

It's brutal how much you feel like a sitting duck all the time eh!! 

Any help or experiences would be much appreciated!!

You and I are on the same page. just got "ready" today. I hear different things about packet 3. You can go ahead and start submitting it when it is ready. Worst case, they say sorry too early to submit. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/12/2018 at 4:09 PM, DeepakChani said:

You and I are on the same page. just got "ready" today. I hear different things about packet 3. You can go ahead and start submitting it when it is ready. Worst case, they say sorry too early to submit. 

What stage are you at now? I got "ready" a couple of days ago and am hurrying to finish the DS-160. Did you send them the packet 3 email before they contacted you? Would love to hear what your experience has been the last couple of weeks! 

• 10/30/2018 POE on K-1 visa
  • 12/03/2018 Married 😍
  • 12/07/2018 Sent AOS, EAD and AP forms 
  • 12/13/2018 NOA1
  • 12/21/2018 Received Biometrics appointment letter
  • 12/26/2018 Successful walk-in biometrics 
  • 03/20/2019 USCIS online case status for I-485 changed to "Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview" 
  • 06/10/2019 EAD/AP expedite request submitted with evidence through Congressman's office
  • 06/17/2019 New Card is Being Produced! (EAD)
  • 11/15/2019 Interview! Approved 4 hours later
  • 11/23/2019 Received Green Card in the mail
  • 8/19/2021 Sent Removal of Conditions form
  • 8/24/2021 Application received, NOA1
  • 10/25/2021 Received biometrics waiver (dated 10/21/21)
  • 11/22/2021 Received 24-month extension letter
  • 11/7/2022 Filed N-400 Online
  • 4/6/2023 Naturalization Interview
  • 5/12/2023 Oath Ceremony

Timeline
3 hours ago, ITMFA said:

What stage are you at now? I got "ready" a couple of days ago and am hurrying to finish the DS-160. Did you send them the packet 3 email before they contacted you? Would love to hear what your experience has been the last couple of weeks! 

I have my interview booked now for Aug 22. I sent my packet in without being prompted because I was anxious to get it in no answer for a few days and then I sent it in again and within 3 hours I would say I got the email from the Embassy to schedule my interview. Luckily when I went to book there were interviews! I booked a few weeks out to get myself organized. I just had my medical on Tuesday which was super easy, just waiting for the medical package now. My interview is in another few weeks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.