LizandJordan

Montreal interview k-1 scheduling

46 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
4 minutes ago, bcadenhead said:

Hey everyone! I'm not at the scheduling stage yet but we got our "ready" status this week. I've been trying to find out what happens next. From what I have read some people have gotten emails and others got nothing but just sent in their packet and received either an email that said please wait for us to contact or straight up got packet 4. I'm honestly just looking for some guidance of how its technically supposed to go and what to expect or what I should do because I do have everything ready for packet 3.

It's brutal how much you feel like a sitting duck all the time eh!! 

Any help or experiences would be much appreciated!!

Hey...

This is just my advice and what seemed to work for us once our CEAC status said "Ready" at Montreal.

Fill out and submit your DS160. Dont wait, just get it done ASAP.

Wait 4-5 business days after submitting DS160 and email Packet 3 off to MTL.

From there, see what happens. We got the "don't send until we request" email an hour and a half before before we got the "official" P3 email on the same day. 

Sent it back and got P4 the next day.

I personally don't think it hurts to try sending it off, but others may disagree with me!

Goooood luck! Hopefully it's quick and easy for you from here out!

R

Timeline
58 minutes ago, bcadenhead said:

Hey everyone! I'm not at the scheduling stage yet but we got our "ready" status this week. I've been trying to find out what happens next. From what I have read some people have gotten emails and others got nothing but just sent in their packet and received either an email that said please wait for us to contact or straight up got packet 4. I'm honestly just looking for some guidance of how its technically supposed to go and what to expect or what I should do because I do have everything ready for packet 3.

It's brutal how much you feel like a sitting duck all the time eh!! 

Any help or experiences would be much appreciated!!

I filled out DS-160 and sent packet 3 about a week after I had status "Ready" I received the generic email saying to wait until we contact  you to send Packet 3. I waited a week, and sent Packet 3 again...3 days later I got a request to send Packet 3. I sent it again for a 3rd time, and an hour later I got Packet 4. I waited 17 days after status "Ready" to receive my Packet 3 request email. I would recommend doing DS-160 and sending Packet 3 as soon as you have a "Ready" status. I've only seen one person disagree with doing it this way. I haven't heard of one negative thing happening to anyone who sent Packet 3 before they were asked to. Lots of success stories from doing it that way! 

K-1 Visa AOS Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

10/18/18 - Sent AOS Package to Chicago

10/25/18 - USCIS took AOS fee (credit card payment)

10/30/18 - NOA1 Text Messages Received

11/02/18 - Biometrics Appointment Letter & NOA1 Hard Copies Received

11/13/18 - Biometrics Appointment

11/13/18 - Received RFIE (forgot to include husband’s full tax return)

11/13/18 - AOS status updated to "On November 13, We Sent You A Request For Initial Evidence"

11/29/18 - RFIE response delivered to USCIS

03/25/19 - AOS status updated to "Ready To Be Scheduled For Interview"

04/02/19 - AOS status updated to "Interview Was Scheduled"

04/04/19 - Received Interview Letter

05/07/19 - Green Card Interview - Baltimore (did not get on the spot approval)

05/07/19 - AOS status updated to "Interview Was Completed And My Case Must Be Reviewed"

05/29/19 - EAD status updated to "New Card Is Being Produced"

06/01/19 - EAD & AP 1-797 hard copies received

06/02/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Mailed To Me"

06/03/19 - Received updated SSN card with married name.

06/03/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Picked Up By USPS"

06/04/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office"

06/04/19 - Received Combo Card in the mail

07/13/19 - AOS status updated to "New Card Is Being Produced"

07/16/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Mailed To Me"

07/17/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Picked Up By USPS"

07/19/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office"

07/19/19 - Received Green Card in the mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 7/1/2018 at 12:07 AM, NikkiMarie said:

I filled out DS-160 and sent packet 3 about a week after I had status "Ready" I received the generic email saying to wait until we contact  you to send Packet 3. I waited a week, and sent Packet 3 again...3 days later I got a request to send Packet 3. I sent it again for a 3rd time, and an hour later I got Packet 4. I waited 17 days after status "Ready" to receive my Packet 3 request email. I would recommend doing DS-160 and sending Packet 3 as soon as you have a "Ready" status. I've only seen one person disagree with doing it this way. I haven't heard of one negative thing happening to anyone who sent Packet 3 before they were asked to. Lots of success stories from doing it that way! 

Thanks I've got all the stuff now so I'm going to try and send it in and see what happens!! What email did you send it to? THanks so much for the help! Also did you email it as one document or multiple docs? I feel like I have a ton to send in.... 

On 6/30/2018 at 11:21 PM, sumbunny said:

Hey...

This is just my advice and what seemed to work for us once our CEAC status said "Ready" at Montreal.

Fill out and submit your DS160. Dont wait, just get it done ASAP.

Wait 4-5 business days after submitting DS160 and email Packet 3 off to MTL.

From there, see what happens. We got the "don't send until we request" email an hour and a half before before we got the "official" P3 email on the same day. 

Sent it back and got P4 the next day.

I personally don't think it hurts to try sending it off, but others may disagree with me!

Goooood luck! Hopefully it's quick and easy for you from here out!

R

Thanks! I am going to send it in, did you send it as separate files or created one large document? and do you mind me asking what email you sent it to? Thanks so much for your help! 

Timeline

It should just be 3 documents attached to the email you send to montreal-iv-dv@state.gov...

Your DS160 confirmation page

Your P3 CHECKLIST saying you've got the documents listed (you dont need to send those documents, you just need to send the checklist)

A color scan of the ID page of your passport

Subject line should be... MTLCASENUMBER - DS-160 CEAC# BARCODE number you get from filling out your DS160.

Hope it helps!

Timeline
11 minutes ago, bcadenhead said:

Thanks I've got all the stuff now so I'm going to try and send it in and see what happens!! What email did you send it to? THanks so much for the help! Also did you email it as one document or multiple docs? I feel like I have a ton to send in.... 

Thanks! I am going to send it in, did you send it as separate files or created one large document? and do you mind me asking what email you sent it to? Thanks so much for your help! 

Packet 3 tells you exactly what to do! You're sending 3 things:

1. Confirmation receipt with barcode number of the completed Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application DS-160.

2. Scanned copy of the below “Packet 3 Checklist for K1 Fiancé(e) Visa Applicants”. ONE CHECKLIST PER FAMILY WILL SUFFICE.

3. Color-scanned copy of the biographical data page of the applicant’s valid passport.

Here's the Packet 3 link! :)

https://ca.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/27/2016/07/Packet3Instructions-K1.pdf

K-1 Visa AOS Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

10/18/18 - Sent AOS Package to Chicago

10/25/18 - USCIS took AOS fee (credit card payment)

10/30/18 - NOA1 Text Messages Received

11/02/18 - Biometrics Appointment Letter & NOA1 Hard Copies Received

11/13/18 - Biometrics Appointment

11/13/18 - Received RFIE (forgot to include husband’s full tax return)

11/13/18 - AOS status updated to "On November 13, We Sent You A Request For Initial Evidence"

11/29/18 - RFIE response delivered to USCIS

03/25/19 - AOS status updated to "Ready To Be Scheduled For Interview"

04/02/19 - AOS status updated to "Interview Was Scheduled"

04/04/19 - Received Interview Letter

05/07/19 - Green Card Interview - Baltimore (did not get on the spot approval)

05/07/19 - AOS status updated to "Interview Was Completed And My Case Must Be Reviewed"

05/29/19 - EAD status updated to "New Card Is Being Produced"

06/01/19 - EAD & AP 1-797 hard copies received

06/02/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Mailed To Me"

06/03/19 - Received updated SSN card with married name.

06/03/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Picked Up By USPS"

06/04/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office"

06/04/19 - Received Combo Card in the mail

07/13/19 - AOS status updated to "New Card Is Being Produced"

07/16/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Mailed To Me"

07/17/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Picked Up By USPS"

07/19/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office"

07/19/19 - Received Green Card in the mail

Timeline
8 minutes ago, sumbunny said:

It should just be 3 documents attached to the email you send to montreal-iv-dv@state.gov...

Your DS160 confirmation page

Your P3 CHECKLIST saying you've got the documents listed (you dont need to send those documents, you just need to send the checklist)

A color scan of the ID page of your passport

Subject line should be... MTLCASENUMBER - DS-160 CEAC# BARCODE number you get from filling out your DS160.

Hope it helps!

oh my goodness thank you here I am thinking they want it all via email! lmao! thats so much better you are a life saver!!! 

Timeline
Just now, bcadenhead said:

oh my goodness thank you here I am thinking they want it all via email! lmao! thats so much better you are a life saver!!! 

Haha! I asked the same thing a couple of months back :) Happy to help! Keep us posted on whether you get P4 back or whether you get the "don't send til we ask" reply back! Good luck!

Timeline
12 minutes ago, NikkiMarie said:

Packet 3 tells you exactly what to do! You're sending 3 things:

1. Confirmation receipt with barcode number of the completed Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application DS-160.

2. Scanned copy of the below “Packet 3 Checklist for K1 Fiancé(e) Visa Applicants”. ONE CHECKLIST PER FAMILY WILL SUFFICE.

3. Color-scanned copy of the biographical data page of the applicant’s valid passport.

Here's the Packet 3 link! :)

https://ca.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/27/2016/07/Packet3Instructions-K1.pdf

Thank you! You guys have been so helpful so appreciated! 

Timeline

I recommend just waiting to submit anything until Montreal asks for it. Use the time to make sure all of your papers and documents are ready. They are generally very good about keeping things moving. It only took two weeks or so for them to send us Packet 3 after they received our case. We didn't send anything until they asked for it. Two days to get Packet 4. Interviews will eventually open up. My theory is the less people who bug them before they get to their case, the faster everyone gets through. Hang in there, you're almost done!

Timeline
On 7/5/2018 at 8:02 PM, sumbunny said:

Haha! I asked the same thing a couple of months back :) Happy to help! Keep us posted on whether you get P4 back or whether you get the "don't send til we ask" reply back! Good luck!

I haven't heard anything back yet at all :( just the no-reply from them!

It's been 2 weeks since they have had it. I guess I just have to keep waiting? 

26 minutes ago, bcadenhead said:

I haven't heard anything back yet at all :( just the no-reply from them!

It's been 2 weeks since they have had it. I guess I just have to keep waiting? 

Same problem with us. The CEAC shows that they received our paperwork on June 27th and when I emailed the consulate to ask they said they have no record of our case. Here's to hoping they send P3 soon.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, tpommm said:

Same problem with us. The CEAC shows that they received our paperwork on June 27th and when I emailed the consulate to ask they said they have no record of our case. Here's to hoping they send P3 soon.

Yeah eh I haven't even gotten an email from the embassy telling me anything. I did get an email from NVC stating that my documentation had been sent off to the Montreal embassy though! 

2 minutes ago, bcadenhead said:

Yeah eh I haven't even gotten an email from the embassy telling me anything. I did get an email from NVC stating that my documentation had been sent off to the Montreal embassy though! 

At least in my case the email from NVC saying the documentation was sent was about a week later than what the CEAC shows. I guess patience is a virtue! Hope we both hear soon. Good luck!

Timeline
On 7/5/2018 at 8:02 PM, sumbunny said:

I sent it in again today and got a response! I was able to  book my interview!!!!!! 

13 minutes ago, bcadenhead said:

I sent it in again today and got a response! I was able to  book my interview!!!!!! 

Congrats! Just curious, when did the consulate receive your paperwork? Been waiting for over 2 weeks for the consulate to send P3. We've tried sending our documents twice now with no response. Hopefully, that means we are soon.

Edited by tpommm

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.