LizandJordan

Montreal interview k-1 scheduling

46 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey guys! 

Anyone have any idea how often Montreal usually opens up interview dates for k1 interviews!? I've been driving myself nuts checking for when they wi be available... just wondering how long people have typically waited to schedule. Thanks!! 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I've been watching like a hawk too, and still not seeing anything either. I'm expecting something this week or by 7/2 at the latest based on posts I've seen here in the past when dates have opened, but who knows. Just have to keep checking. 

Maybe those of us who are waiting for interviews in MTL to open can follow this thread and the moment they open, someone can post so that everyone following gets a notification? Just a thought...

On 6/27/2018 at 7:50 AM, sumbunny said:

I've been watching like a hawk too, and still not seeing anything either. I'm expecting something this week or by 7/2 at the latest based on posts I've seen here in the past when dates have opened, but who knows. Just have to keep checking. 

Maybe those of us who are waiting for interviews in MTL to open can follow this thread and the moment they open, someone can post so that everyone following gets a notification? Just a thought...

Do you think the consulate of Montreal will release appointments soon? It looks like applicants who received the P4 in June are all waiting for appointments.    

Timeline
Just now, a-n-s said:

Do you think the consulate of Montreal will release appointments soon? It looks like applicants who received the P4 in June are all waiting for appointments.    

Really hoping so. Last date appointments opened for July interviews was May 29th, so I'm really hoping August interviews open in the next few days. Cross your fingers guys!

Timeline
1 minute ago, soniama said:

Hi, 

Sorry I am new here but where are you guys going online to see when the dates open up? 

It's the site you get in Packet 4, but it just says "no appointments available" when trying to pay the fee currently.

https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-CA/iv/

Timeline
1 minute ago, soniama said:

Also sorry if this question is so obvious but how long did it take for y'all to schedule a interview date after you sent packet 3 in? Again totally new to this whole thing and trying to get as much information as possible so anything at this point will really help! 

That's what we're waiting for. I sent P3 and got P4 back the next day with instructions on how to book the interview, but nothing is available currently. I've been waiting since this time last week, but I know there are others who have been waiting longer. Hopefully, it isnt too much longer.

2 minutes ago, sumbunny said:

That's what we're waiting for. I sent P3 and got P4 back the next day with instructions on how to book the interview, but nothing is available currently. I've been waiting since this time last week, but I know there are others who have been waiting longer. Hopefully, it isnt too much longer.

Gotcha thank you!  Do they normally send P4 right after you turn in P3? I saw that some people did not get a P4 till a couple of weeks/months later? We just did ours today and just wanted a idea of how long till the next packet came. 

Timeline
Just now, soniama said:

Gotcha thank you!  Do they normally send P4 right after you turn in P3? I saw that some people did not get a P4 till a couple of weeks/months later? We just did ours today and just wanted a idea of how long till the next packet came. 

Watching timelines, it really varies. I think we got really lucky with ours as it was only 6 days from CEAC saying "Ready" to us getting P4. Ive seen timelines where it does take quite a bit longer to get through all the steps, but ours has been very fast. 

We filled out DS160 the moment MTL said Ready, so maybe that helped? It's all speculation! Waiting for interview times to open up is killing us haha :)

Welcome btw! You should fill out your timeline if you have the dates... it helps people get an idea of how things go throughout the process. 

Just now, sumbunny said:

Watching timelines, it really varies. I think we got really lucky with ours as it was only 6 days from CEAC saying "Ready" to us getting P4. Ive seen timelines where it does take quite a bit longer to get through all the steps, but ours has been very fast. 

We filled out DS160 the moment MTL said Ready, so maybe that helped? It's all speculation! Waiting for interview times to open up is killing us haha :)

Welcome btw! You should fill out your timeline if you have the dates... it helps people get an idea of how things go throughout the process. 

I will for sure update my timeline! Thank you so much for all the helpful information and I will for sure be checking back in very soon. I hope you guys get a interview soon :D

Timeline

@K1visaHopeful @Liz Bohne @a-n-s And anyone else waiting to book, MTL has appointments for August open NOW! Get em friends!!!

Appointment booked for August 1st! Good Luck guys <3

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey everyone! I'm not at the scheduling stage yet but we got our "ready" status this week. I've been trying to find out what happens next. From what I have read some people have gotten emails and others got nothing but just sent in their packet and received either an email that said please wait for us to contact or straight up got packet 4. I'm honestly just looking for some guidance of how its technically supposed to go and what to expect or what I should do because I do have everything ready for packet 3.

It's brutal how much you feel like a sitting duck all the time eh!! 

Any help or experiences would be much appreciated!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.