1,446 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
5 hours ago, nintendoswitch said:

I’ve seen lots of people getting letters for biometrics but I have not. I’m terrified that it got lost in the mail and I’m going on several trips in the upcoming weeks. What should I do?

It's weird. Some got the waiver and then got called. Most didn't.  

We are March 2018 filers and 2 weeks ago we got a biometrics appointment scheduled (on our anniversary - I was so ticked lol).  Over the course of the 15 months I got not one, but THREE biometrics waiver letters.  I wouldn't panic yet. Nothing showed on either the old or new USCIS site about an appointment being scheduled.  Some people in our group are still only now getting approved and didn't get called.  

Maybe call USCIS and see if they can tell you if an appointment has been scheduled. 

Lee & William

8/2/2014 - Sent I-129F Petition with USPS by Express Mail    
8/4/2014 - I-129F delivered to dropbox    8/6/2014 - NOA1 Text/E-Mail received    8/11/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed (Text/E-Mail) / NOA1 Letter received by Mail    3/16/2015 - NOA2 Text/E-Mail received (224 days)    3/20/2015 - Sent to NVC    3/31/2015 - NVC Received    4/1/2015 - Case Number Assigned       4/7/2015 - NVC Sent to Embassy    4/10/2015 - London Embassy Received    4/11/2015 - Medical     4/15/2015 - Packet 3 Received    4/12/2015 - Packet 3 Sent    4/23/2015 - Packet 4 Received    5/18/2015 - Interview - APPROVED     5/30/2015 - Visa collected from courier    6/1/2015 - POE    6/14/2015 - Wedding 💍💍

6 hours ago, nintendoswitch said:

How do you know you’re getting a letter in the mail from USCIS? 🤨

Informed Delivery - you can sign up for it through USPS

green-card.thumb.jpg.a1a125cccbfec65f3941d10d8b4dbba4.jpg

Checked my status on the old website and seems like my case was finally approved. I wasn't expecting this to be done for another few months after reading through previous months filers. Seems like they are picking up on the never ending backlog. I am a CSC filer. Here are my details:

Submitted Package: 07/08/2018
Case Received: 07/10/2018
Notice Date: 07/18/2018

Biometric Appt Date: 03/29/2019
Transfer to Nebraska Date: 05/14/2019

New Card Being Produced: 06/24/2019

The best thing is I am eligible to apply for N400 just today :p.

For all who are still waiting. Seems like the wait wont be as long as it used to be. Wish all of you best of luck and hope you guys get approved soon.

Edited by Farhan Umer

Hi everyone! I think most of you would like to know how cases are coming along with other July filers so I opted to give an update on my case.

My NOA was received 07/17/18. My biometrics was not reused (and I already know it won’t be, because of my latent fingerprints) so on 03/29/19 I had my bio done through Fargo ASC. 04/14/19 I got an update in myuscis that the fingerprint review was completed. My case was transferred from CSC to Nebraska Service Center on 05/11/19. Yesterday, I got an update that a new card was being produced. No interviews/RFE thankfully! It took 342 days for me or 11 and a half months. I didn’t need to use  a waiver either, if that helps. I am also still waiting for the official notice of approval. So far, I am only relying on the website. 

I think if your case is with the Nebraska Service Center, things should be moving along pretty quickly. I really wish all of us here to hear good news pretty soon! Good luck and don’t lose hope. I’m bummed to hear about the bio appointment that was coming just now, despite receiving letters that it was reused. I think that should be the last hurdle until approval, and I hope that you can overcome that soon. 

13EFF20F-42AA-4E7C-BE0F-2EFE51DF6864.jpeg

Edited by erikavsw

Hey guys,

My situation is a tiny bit different so I hope you guys can help me out with this.

I-751 received date: 07/09/2018

NOA: 07/18/2018 (18 months extension)

Reuse my bio in March 2019

Transfer to different office: 05/13/2019

Received paper that my case was transferred to Nebraska: about 1 week later.

Card is in production: 06/24/2019

Receipt Number: WAC18233xxxxx

I originally filed jointly. In Feb 2019, we filed a divorce and in May, I received divorce decree. I sent divorce degree along with related documents of more bondafire marriage during the period on May 9, 2019 to California Service Center. The package arrives at California on May 13 but at that same time,  my case got transferred so I called USCIS to:

• Notify them that I got divorce and I wanted to switch from jointly to divorce waiver
  • Ask them if my files will be moved from Cali to Nebraska or wherever my files are at. They said normally it takes them 2 months to transfer my files to the new office where my case is. But they said not to be worried since the officer will send out RFE so I can send my divorce decree again.
  • Tell them to note somewhere in the system or whatever they have to notify the officer who will work on my case to issue RFE if he/she doesn't receive my divorce degree or issue me a notice saying that they receive my divorce decree/files.

Fast forward to today when I realized that my card is in production, I was on the phone with 2nd tier officer to ask about all of this. My question to the officer was if the card was produced based on jointly or divorce waiver. I told them that I don't want to get screwed later when I applied for Citizenship. I've read a lot on here that USCIS thinks we might cheat the system if we are divorced and not let USCIS know before they make the decision. I did notice them on the phone (which was not recorded btw) and sent in my divorce package as well (but no notification that they received it or not). To my surprise, the 2nd tier officer told me that my divorce before the decision is made has nothing to do with their decision. Their decision was based on my marriage regardless of my divorce. Of course I kept telling her that I don't want to get trouble from USCIS later when I apply for citizenship but she said nothing to worry about.

So my questions to you guys is:

• Should I call another 2nd tier officer for another confirmation?
  • Should I email USCIS so that I have a record that I notice them and I did what I could to inform USCIS about my divorce?
  • How do I know if the officer made his/her decision based on my additional documents (aka divorce decree) or they made decision without that?
  • How can I explain to USCIS later when I apply for Citizenship if they ask of course?

Many thanks!

4 hours ago, krbha said:

1) Are there any vermont filers who got biomertric letter ? Why some folk are getting biomertric appointment letter second time, Does anyone know ?

2) Are there any July filers who got approved from Vermont processing center ?

Vermont filers got biometrics right after receiving noa1.

dont think I’ve seen anyone from vsc being approved yet

So ummmm... I’d like to inform my all fellow July-2018 fillers that I’ve been approved and “new card is being produced”.

HOWEVER I won’t be excited about ANYTHING until I have it on my hands. 

Edited by nintendoswitch

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Haiti
Timeline
6 minutes ago, nintendoswitch said:

So ummmm... I’d like to inform my all fellow July-2018 fillers that I’ve been approved and “new card is being produced”.

Congrats! That's great.

On 6/22/2019 at 2:56 PM, twinfitted said:

I just opened my letter - it's the biometrics appointment, although I did get a letter a few months ago saying they will reuse my fingerprints.

This is annoying. We got ours to go in July 5th but will be out of state...which has us worried. Couldn’t find the direct number to our local office either so we will have to mail it in to request another appointment 

29 minutes ago, nintendoswitch said:

Congratulations!!

Our Journey for way past forever!

Engaged in Panajachel, Sololà, Guatemala 12-26-2015

K1 Mailed 1-17-2016

USCIS received - 1-19-2016

NOA1 - 1-21-2016

K1 approved 3-4-2016

NOA2 - received 3-11-2016

NCV - Received 3-28-2016

Case ID/Shipped to Consultate - 3-29-2016

Consulate Received - 3-31-2016

PACKET "3" - 4-5-2016

Medical - 4-19-2016 - Done!

INTERVIEW - 4-29-2016 - Approved!

VISA received 5-11-2016

US arrival!! 5-12-2016

Married 6-18-2016

AOS DELIVERED 7/11/2016

E-NOA1- 7-13-2016

Paper NOAs - 7-18-2016

Biometrics letter received 7-22-2016

Biometrics appt - 8-5-2016 in Oklahoma City

EAD/AP approved - 9-12-16

EAD/AP received 9-21-16

Green Card being produced - 10-18-2016. NO interview

Greencard mailed 10/20/2016

Greencard received!! 10/22/2016

I-751 Submitted 07/30/2018

NOA1 Received 08/27/2018

N400 - filed 5/22/2020

interview 3/0/2021- approved!!

7 minutes ago, Ismar&Brandy said:

This is annoying. We got ours to go in July 5th but will be out of state...which has us worried. Couldn’t find the direct number to our local office either so we will have to mail it in to request another appointment 

Congratulations!!

You can actually do a early walkin for your biometrics appointment. My date was 03/29/2019 but I did a early walkin on 03/20/2019 and there were no questions asked. Got done with the biometrics within 20 mins. My center was in Houston TX. 

1 hour ago, p-ana said:

Vermont filers got biometrics right after receiving noa1.

dont think I’ve seen anyone from vsc being approved yet

I am a Vermont filer... did my biometric back in September 2018 and case is stuck in “ fingerprints review is completed” since then.. 

anyone seeing movement in Vermont?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, nintendoswitch said:

Congrats!! Did u had bio recently? Was ur case transferred? When? Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Wales
Timeline
1 hour ago, Lilmo said:

I am a Vermont filer... did my biometric back in September 2018 and case is stuck in “ fingerprints review is completed” since then.. 

anyone seeing movement in Vermont?

Exact same situation as me! Just wish we’d see some movement!

USCIS Journey

1st September 2015 - I-130 Sent

14th January 2016 - I-130 Petition approved

NVC

8th February - NVC Received case

26th February - NVC Fees "Paid" on website
24th March - DS-260 Sent & confirmation received

10th May - IV Package sent to NVC

20th June - Case compete
28th June - Received Interview confirmation (P4)

Embassy
22nd July - Medical Examination
1st August - Interview date - Approved!!

2nd August - Issued

5th August - Visa in hand

24th October - POE

ROC

21st July 2018 - I751 sent

26th July - NOA received 

31st August - Biometrics appointment

5th September - Fingerprint review was completed

8th July 2019 - ROC Approved!

5th July  - New card is being produced

13th July - 10 year green card received 

Naturalization

23rd September 2022 - N-400 Submitted

24th September - NOA received 

21st October - Biometrics appointment

10th April 2023 - Interview date

18th May - Oath Ceremony 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.