20 posts in this topic

Filed: L-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey, I am just writing my own experience/research and others experience, draw from it what you will.

First, Senator's office I called both offices and asked what the process is for assitance, they basically said its 2-3 weeks for them to even look at the coursework and then 4-6 weeks to see what USCIS would do if they EVEN took the case. Bottomline it was rather clear, any democrat or immigration-friendly senator is busy currently with one and only thing "keep families together act". You can call your Senator and see if you have better luck.

Next, Congressman office. Went in person two times to ask what is possible, if they can help etc. Basically the dude (rep for Congressman) looked so overwhelmed and tired and said "truly with just a job offer currently I can't do much I need a real story and package of your situation for why to push it. If I push it, it will 4-6 weeks. I am looking at 8 months for EAD cases to fight and 2 years for interview cases to fight". Again message was clear, look we are busy nonstop and my boss is all about pro-immigration so guess so what I am very busy.

Staring to lose faith, decided need to keep hitting USCIS to find someone nice enough to take the time to hear our story. Since did an infopass a while back was told "we are very busy, expedites best work if you mail your package to office with your case and they will respond with next steps...". It all seemed strange to me why everyone is just ignoring us to begin with, like they do not think we are serious.

Final step, the petitioner called USCIS and calmly asked them what is going, explained they want to expedite, time we waited, how my benefiicary has no status, how beneficiary cannot work, etc...During the call it became clear the first thing most USCIS officers look at is "what is your current status and why you need this new status", USCIS officer even cut us off and said "hey wait your i94 is valid, etc etc etc..." Calmly had to explain to them what the real case is. Since had all other information to explain sistuation heard us out and told us what is happening and they could do. Not saying this will work, just giving my experience to help others.

You need to understand people on OPT, are calling USCIS freaking they do not have their EAD and OPT expires in 2 months, USCIS is overwhelmed and busy, in their minds they are like uhmm the person before you called and said they got fired from their OPT and has the letter to do so....whose case is more urgent? Thats what they are tasked with now.

Historically you could just fill out a file or call your senator quickly and they would deal with super fast and get back on track. Nowadays they are busy with more important things in their mind. All we can do is call or mail our story and hope someone at USCIS gets it and pushes our case forward. No one at USCIS is sitting around laughing at us and our struggle, its just a job to them and they doing what they can. 

So again, if you cannot get a job offer. Try to build a case showing who is asking for EAD, and how it would fix certain financial troubles you have. Best of luck.

Filed: L-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Lastly, the reason I wrote all that out mostly. Was cause I can sense you have a legit case and frustation. Now you just need to make someone at USCIS have the same feelings.

2 minutes ago, A&H2018 said:

Lastly, the reason I wrote all that out mostly. Was cause I can sense you have a legit case and frustation. Now you just need to make someone at USCIS have the same feelings.

Been waiting for 9 months. Tried all possible venues. Senator, congressman, Ombudsman, L1/2/3, no help at all.

It's definitely possible to expedite without a job offer, although that seems to be the overwhelming most common successful reason to request it. The issue is you need to meet an expedite criteria (https://www.uscis.gov/forms/expedite-criteria) and have documentation to show it.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi all,

Has anyone had any recent success (in 2018) of expediting their EAD ? And could they tell me how they did it?? 

I have a current job offer contract for a start date of mid July 2018. My AOS / EAD cases were sent to USCIS in April 2018. 

Can anyone provide advice (I need to cite financial hardship, right?) or a template for how I should expedite this?? 

Any risks I should be aware of?? 

Thank you!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.