cedrichadjian

When can the alien fiance bring his/her mother to the US after K-1 was approved?

58 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
4 minutes ago, Roel said:

There it is. :D :D VJ looking into people's wallets is the nastiest thing I see on this forum. And it comes up eeeevery time someone wants to sponsor parents. Honestly.

Only comes up if OP's parents ever need healthcare. Honestly.

1 minute ago, databit said:

I still don't think its appropriate for anyone to ask people if they can afford taking care of their parents. Ever. It's like asking people if they are sure they can afford having a baby - you just.. don't do that.

I didn't mean to create offtopic - it's just something that really annoys me about some people here. ;)

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Wow you guys are Mean and so negative. no one understands anyone else's personal relationships and it's not your business. Stop Judging. 

and this question has been answered sufficiently so I won't answer it. 

I think it's time to move on!

11 minutes ago, databit said:

My mother is 45 years, she's employed and her health is pretty good, by well-being I meant her psychology and how she will be left alone, there's a chance she might just join my uncles and go to Armenia (we're Armenian ethnically, Armenia provides passports to those who are ethnically Armenian), there's also a chance she might just go back to my stepdad which is something I'm mostly concerned about, anyway,  each person has his or her own problems and stories we've never heard of. I asked a simple question and got the answer, why are people questioning me? Why am I being accused of things? Why did this even escalate? :huh:

48 minutes ago, cedrichadjian said:

It just seems to me a lot of people don't give a s*** about their parents honestly, and this is actually sad. Very sad.

Speaking of judging others... What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Most people absolutely care about their parents (in general...there's obviously a lot of people with poor child/parental relationships). But they also have their own life with their spouse, and it is an active decision to choose to live with a spouse away from one's parent(s). It's just a matter of fact when you find a foreign spouse...one side has to live apart, at least for a considerable amount of time.

The US is pretty lenient with allowing parents to be sponsored, and in the immediate relative category nonetheless.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

7 minutes ago, geowrian said:

Speaking of judging others... What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Most people absolutely care about their parents (in general...there's obviously a lot of people with poor child/parental relationships). But they also have their own life with their spouse, and it is an active decision to choose to live with a spouse away from one's parent(s). It's just a matter of fact when you find a foreign spouse...one side has to live apart, at least for a considerable amount of time.

The US is pretty lenient with allowing parents to be sponsored, and in the immediate relative category nonetheless.

I'm not saying I can't be separated from my mother, I'm saying she might be left alone and this is something one should be concerned about when it happens to their mother(I clarified it in my latter reply, I don't even have to clarify anything, I was expecting a simple answer to a simple question). But people here are just throwing words at me, without even knowing the whole situation. Actually, I showed this thread to my fiance and he immediately told me to stop using it, but we have many questions and VJ is the best source we got.

Edited by cedrichadjian

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

There are many factors most people have to consider when deciding who is moving, this is obviously one of them.

Obviously an important issue for the OP and something that needs to be discussed before anything is filed.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Just now, Boiler said:

There are many factors most people have to consider when deciding who is moving, this is obviously one of them.

Obviously an important issue for the OP and something that needs to be discussed before anything is filed.

We already discussed it, thank you for your concern anyway.

Filed: Timeline

Healthcare cost is an important factor to think about before bringing anyone to the US, and not just for parents.

It's a public form, you just have to learn to ignore advice you don't like or /report if it's against the TOS. OP, you may want to ask an admin to close this from further posting if you got your answers.  

Just now, Umka36 said:

Healthcare cost is an important factor to think about before bringing anyone to the US, and not just for parents.

It's a public form, you just have to learn to ignore advice you don't like or /report if it's against the TOS. OP, you may want to ask an admin to close this from further posting if you got your answers.  

Ok, will do, thank you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, cedrichadjian said:

I'm not exactly inseperable, I just care about her well being and what she will do once I travel.

We'll figure out what we can do when the right day comes, which apparently is after 7-8 years. 

If the category is still around by then for parents immigrating.  I don't know if this has been mentioned----but are you an only child?  If not, do any of your siblings live in the same country as her and can provide care/companionship if  or when needed?

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

7 minutes ago, Going through said:

If the category is still around by then for parents immigrating.  I don't know if this has been mentioned----but are you an only child?  If not, do any of your siblings live in the same country as her and can provide care/companionship if  or when needed?

Yes, I don't have siblings.

20 hours ago, EmilyW said:

Australians see 'intimate' the same way and we're not prudish at all.

Oh I know they aren't.  I've dated a few.  And a couple from NZ too. Always enjoyable experiences despite being brief! :D

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.