uc_jatts

Sent i-129F to CSC no NOA1

14 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Hey guys, I'm new to Visa Journey and this is my first post.

I met my Fiance in India, and we got engaged on March 11, 2007. I mailed the i-129F K1 visa forms, the $170.00 check, and all other required info on April 17th, 2007 and according to the USPS tracking system, it was received in Laguna Niguel on April 19th, 2007. As of today May 8th, 2007 it has been 12 business days and I have not received any NOA1 letter in the mail, and the $170.00 check has not been cashed either. Based on similar timelines, I have seen that the NOA1 turn around time to get the letter ior check cashed is about 5-6 business days. Do you think I'm just too anxious and worried?

Thanks.

Parry

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

We tend to count in days, not business days, around here - and yes, generally people received their NOA1s within 10-12 days from the package arriving at the SC. I've seen some people lately wait a bit longer.

If you hit day 15 with no action, you might want to try calling, but realize that if they've done nothing so far, and you don't exist within any computer system, you might get stuck mailing a second set of information. Don't despair yet, however, you're probably fine.

(by the way, if you do call and they give you nothing but static, i would contact your local congressional office and ask for help - be ready to provide them with proof of mailing, etc)

I-129F/K1

1-12-07 mailed to CSC

1-22-07 DHS cashes the I-129F check

1-23-07 NOA1 Notice Date

1-26-07 NOA1 arrives in the post

4-25-07 Touched!

4-26-07 Touched again!

5-3-07 NOA2!!! Two approval emails received at 11:36am

5-10-07 Arrived at NVC/5-14-07 Left NVC - London-bound!

5-17-07??? London receives?

5-20-07 Packet 3 mailed

5-26-07 Packet 3 received

5-29-07 Packet 3 returned, few days later than planned due to bank holiday weekend

6-06-07 Medical in London (called to schedule on May 29)

6-11-07 "Medical in file" at Embassy

6-14-07 Resent packet 3 to Embassy after hearing nothing about first try

6-22-07 DOS says "applicant now eligible for interview," ie: they enter p3 into their system

6-25-07 DOS says interview date is August 21

6-28-07 Help from our congressional representative gives us new interview date: July 6

7-06-07 Interview at 9:00 am at the London Embassy - Approved.

7-16-07 Visa delivered after 'security checks' completed

I-129F approved in 111 days; Interview 174 days from filing

Handy numbers:

NVC: (603) 334-0700 - press 1, 5; US State Department: (202) 663-1225 - press 1, 0

*Be afraid or be informed - the choice is yours.*

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I filed to CSC on April 13th. When I tracked it a 2 weeks later, the USPS website said that CSC recieved on April 17th. Then I checked my bank account couple days later, and the checked was cashed. So it took 3 weeks from them to cash the check. So I assume it may take another week to get the hard copy of the NOA1 in the mail. I live in Hawaii, so it takes longer to get stuff through the mail. So It can take a while. After 4weeks, then I would start worrying more.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hey guys, I'm new to Visa Journey and this is my first post.

I met my Fiance in India, and we got engaged on March 11, 2007. I mailed the i-129F K1 visa forms, the $170.00 check, and all other required info on April 17th, 2007 and according to the USPS tracking system, it was received in Laguna Niguel on April 19th, 2007. As of today May 8th, 2007 it has been 12 business days and I have not received any NOA1 letter in the mail, and the $170.00 check has not been cashed either. Based on similar timelines, I have seen that the NOA1 turn around time to get the letter ior check cashed is about 5-6 business days. Do you think I'm just too anxious and worried?

Thanks.

Parry

Also remember that in the early part of April, each service center got hit with a proportionate share of 150,000 H-1 visas that needed to be docketed into the system immediately ... This I am sure caused a backlog in docketing other visa types that are not under any ASAP requirement

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

It's so hard to have patience - good luck.

We sent our AOS paperwork out a week ago and I check for a cashed check everyday...

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

04/2007 - Apply for AOS & EAD

07/2007 - EAD approved

01/2008 - Conditional Residency approved

11/2009 - Apply to remove conditions

02/2010 - Permanent Residency approved

11/2010 - Apply for Citizenship

03/2011 - Citizenship approved

07/2011 - Moved back to Brazil

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

First Post...

I also filed early April at CSC. Sent the 9th, received the 10th, NOA1 on the 11th, the day my check was cashed. All things considered, I would be a bit concerned and take appropriate steps if you don't hear anything very shortly.

K-1 Visa Timeline

4/9/07 - Mailed 129-f to CSC

4/10/07 - Received at CSC

4/11/07 - NOA1

8/3/07 - NOA2 116 days

8/6/07 - Touch (notice of approval)

8/21 - Sent to NVC (allegedly)

8/25 - 8/29 - Traveled to Ukraine to see my baby!

8/31 - Actually sent to NVC at 6:27pm (I knew that allegedly was appropriate)

9/7 - Received at NVC (finally), case number assigned!!!

9/11 - Sent by NVC to Kiev!

9/24 - Interview set via phonecall

9/25 - Medical Appt - passed!

11/2 - Interview - APPROVED

AOS/EAD/AP Timeline

12/13 - Civil Marriage Ceremony

1/29 - Mailed AOS, EAD, AP

2/4 - NOA1

3/20 - EAD and AP approved

5/10 - Wedding Ceremony

5/27 - AOS Interview - APPROVED

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I'm in a similar situation: mailed packet April 12, 2007 and still haven't heard from them at all. They did finally cash my check May 4, 2007, but still haven't received anything via mail. There's supposed to be a number on the back of the cancelled check that you can use to check your status online, but after helpful discussion in another topic on this website, I guess my number was omitted!

Being that I'm two days shy of a month now with no word, I'm going to call USCIS today. I really just want my number so I can start watching my file (and yeah, I know, not much happens but it'll make me feel "official" and give me something to do everyday!) but if I can get through to a person, I'll try to find out if there's a backlog in getting the NOA1's out, because it seems like several people haven't gotten theirs in roughly the same timeframe as the majority of users.

Michele

K-1 Journey:

April 12, 2007 - Mail I-129F packet to NSC

May 1, 2007 - Application received by CSC

May 1, 2007 - NOA1 sent

May 3, 2007 - Touch

May 4, 2007 - Check cashed by CSC

June 1, 2007 - Call USCIS since 30 days w/out receiving paper NOA1, told to call back after it's been 45 days

June 15, 2007 - Call USCIS for update on NOA1. Told address correct, NOA1 was not generated, they will do so

August 2, 2007 - TOUCH!!!

August 3, 2007 - TOUCH!!!!!!!

August 6, 2007 - Received hard copy NOA1, finally

August 12, 2007 - TOUCH! (Sunday?)

August 14, 2007 - TOUCH!

August 15, 2007 - TOUCH!

August 15, 2007 - NOA2!!!

August 16, 2007 to present:

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING

November 1, 2007 - File leaves CSC

November 3rd, 2007 - File arrives at NVC

November 7th, 2007 - File processed by NVC, sent to London Embassy

November 20th, 2007 - File processed by London Embassy

December 8th - Adam receives packet 3

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Okay, I called them, and got my receipt number (which indeed should have been on the back of the check, apologized for it not being there!)

I mailed my packet on April 12th to Nebraska which was forwarded to California and doesn't show as "received" by USCIS till May 1, 2007. I asked her if that was my official receipt date and she said yes. I did not mail it certified or anything, and in hindsite probably should have. So, I guess now I'm a May filer.

I spoke with two people there who were both very polite and helpful. They both did indicate that they couldn't comment on exactly why NOA1s are taking longer to get out, but stated that sometimes they do hit "patches" of applications not getting checked in and assigned a number as fast as usual. I suppose that's normal for any job, right? You can't control an unexpected higher volume of work/workers being sick, etc. They both apologized to me about my application taking so long to get "checked in" but said unfortunately, they cannot give a receipt date any earlier than my official date.

So I would say go ahead and call them. The whole call, including going through the menu and talking to two people, probably took about 10 minutes. Worth it for the piece of mind at least that it's been received. However, without your check or money order having been cashed yet, I don't know if you'll get as far as I did.

Best of luck.

K-1 Journey:

April 12, 2007 - Mail I-129F packet to NSC

May 1, 2007 - Application received by CSC

May 1, 2007 - NOA1 sent

May 3, 2007 - Touch

May 4, 2007 - Check cashed by CSC

June 1, 2007 - Call USCIS since 30 days w/out receiving paper NOA1, told to call back after it's been 45 days

June 15, 2007 - Call USCIS for update on NOA1. Told address correct, NOA1 was not generated, they will do so

August 2, 2007 - TOUCH!!!

August 3, 2007 - TOUCH!!!!!!!

August 6, 2007 - Received hard copy NOA1, finally

August 12, 2007 - TOUCH! (Sunday?)

August 14, 2007 - TOUCH!

August 15, 2007 - TOUCH!

August 15, 2007 - NOA2!!!

August 16, 2007 to present:

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING

November 1, 2007 - File leaves CSC

November 3rd, 2007 - File arrives at NVC

November 7th, 2007 - File processed by NVC, sent to London Embassy

November 20th, 2007 - File processed by London Embassy

December 8th - Adam receives packet 3

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline
Hey guys, heres an update. They cahsed the check on May 15th, 2007. I see the case # on the back. Still waiting to receive offical NOA1 letter from USCIS.

Thanks.

Parry

Congratulations! If they accepted payment from you, then they didn't lose your petition and you didn't make a silly error like forgetting to sign the check; so the NOA1 should be in your mailbox in a couple of days now.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guatemala
Timeline
Okay, I called them, and got my receipt number (which indeed should have been on the back of the check, apologized for it not being there!)

I mailed my packet on April 12th to Nebraska which was forwarded to California and doesn't show as "received" by USCIS till May 1, 2007. I asked her if that was my official receipt date and she said yes. I did not mail it certified or anything, and in hindsite probably should have. So, I guess now I'm a May filer.

I spoke with two people there who were both very polite and helpful. They both did indicate that they couldn't comment on exactly why NOA1s are taking longer to get out, but stated that sometimes they do hit "patches" of applications not getting checked in and assigned a number as fast as usual. I suppose that's normal for any job, right? You can't control an unexpected higher volume of work/workers being sick, etc. They both apologized to me about my application taking so long to get "checked in" but said unfortunately, they cannot give a receipt date any earlier than my official date.

So I would say go ahead and call them. The whole call, including going through the menu and talking to two people, probably took about 10 minutes. Worth it for the piece of mind at least that it's been received. However, without your check or money order having been cashed yet, I don't know if you'll get as far as I did.

Best of luck.

Thank you for posting this info! I think my fiance and I will have to call, we mailed or I-129F on April 17 and it was received a few days letter, but we still haven't received our NOA1 and our check has not been cashed either.... and it's been almost 1 month!

APPLIED FOR NATURALIZATION 07/2021

08.01.2011 - I-751 SENT

08.05.2011 - Check cashed

08.08.2011- NOA Received

08.19.2011 - Biometrics Letter Received

09.12.2011 - Biometrics Appointment

01.27.2012 - Card production ordered

02.01.2012 - 10 year GC Received

07.25.2021 - N400 filed online

08.09.2021- Biometrics re-use notice

04.18.2022- Interview done at Minneapolis USCIS Local Office   ✔️ Received N-652 "Congratulations your application has been recommended for approval" during the interview.

05.19.2022- Oath Ceremony in MN

Timeline

Best of luck.

Thank you for posting this info! I think my fiance and I will have to call, we mailed or I-129F on April 17 and it was received a few days letter, but we still haven't received our NOA1 and our check has not been cashed either.... and it's been almost 1 month!

It looks like we filed on the same day and they received it on the same day. I'd wait one more day, and then call. Depending on their application load, it should be any moment now that they cash the check.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guatemala
Timeline
It looks like we filed on the same day and they received it on the same day. I'd wait one more day, and then call. Depending on their application load, it should be any moment now that they cash the check.

We'll wait until next monday to call. Now that they cashed yours I'm hoping ours will be cashed this week also! Please keep me posted :)

APPLIED FOR NATURALIZATION 07/2021

08.01.2011 - I-751 SENT

08.05.2011 - Check cashed

08.08.2011- NOA Received

08.19.2011 - Biometrics Letter Received

09.12.2011 - Biometrics Appointment

01.27.2012 - Card production ordered

02.01.2012 - 10 year GC Received

07.25.2021 - N400 filed online

08.09.2021- Biometrics re-use notice

04.18.2022- Interview done at Minneapolis USCIS Local Office   ✔️ Received N-652 "Congratulations your application has been recommended for approval" during the interview.

05.19.2022- Oath Ceremony in MN

Timeline

We'll wait until next monday to call. Now that they cashed yours I'm hoping ours will be cashed this week also! Please keep me posted :)

I got the official NOA1 in the mail today. Thanks for everyones advice.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.