Timeline

How and where did you and her met ?

Is there a love story to tell ?

How is her communications skills ?

Did u saw the refusal letter already? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
2 hours ago, WokTheDog said:

No, she has never been petitioned before.   She had a previous fiance, but broke it off because she found him cheating on her.    She has never been a hostess or bargirl.   

5 minutes ago, NuestraUnion said:

Has she been petitioned for before? 

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I met her through a friend of mine on Facebook.   We shared some stories, had a few laughs.   I talked to her everyday for 7 months, then visited her for 3 weeks.   What originally attracted me to her, was her relationship with her daughter.   She always put her as her number 1 priority in life.   You could see the love.    Both are funny, so I immediately was interested in meeting.   When I visited, her daughter was first a little hesitant about me, but it didn't take long for us to get along well together.   I know they both love me and it is not fake.   I love the both of them as well.   It just saddens me It will take me over a year to possibly have them arrive if all things go well.   I will try and visit at least two more times.   Probably end up marrying her and file a CR-1.   

She didn't go to high school, but is very smart about life and is very mature for her age.   I don't care that she doesn't have a college degree or that she may not have perfect English, I still love her.   My previous marriage was also to a filipina, but things just never worked out.  

Denied.thumb.jpg.9457cac6582c8a7106fa9479340a5541.jpg

Timeline
44 minutes ago, Scandi said:

He was from Sweden, not the USA.  They had started doing paperwork, but never submitted anything to the Swedish government.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
6 hours ago, David & Zoila said:

I disagree.  The age difference was not likely the reason for the denial.  Perhaps we are not getting the entire story here.  I am 37 years older than my Pinay spouse.  I have a feeling if petitioner had been at the interview as I was he could have answered some questions and put the CO's mind at ease.  We married in the Philippines on my first visit with a Protestant Pastor.  No classes required.  It was only 40 or so days after we first met on-line.    I visited her, proposed three days later and we were married 4 days after that.  I visited her two more times for upwards of a month at a time.  I attended the interview with her and the CO asked me more questions than they did her.  I am 90% sure that had I not been there she would have been denied.  Hopefully the OP will attend the interview the next time around by way of a CR-1.  

I did not say it was the only reason. And really compare your story to theirs. You visited two more times for a month each. You were at the interview. You were married. Your applied for CR1. A whole lot of difference than what they did. Your age difference was probably a red flag for them too but you had other stuff to back up your relationship. They didn’t. Big difference. 

Timeline

I watched a few videos from experts and read some articles.   I think what I'm going to do is visit her again after my project at the end of July, get lots of pictures with her and her family, refile K1 Visa, will try to visit her again, before the interview, then go  to the interview with her and her child.   The visa coach I was watching says that after the first denial, if a scam, will break up.   He said to file again to show your love.   I am starting to think that is a good option.   I will be there for the interview too, which will really help i think.

Have you looked into moving to the Philippines? 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Brother, I feel for you, I suggest getting married, but with the understand that there is no divorce there.  Second, I suggest going more often for shorter periods, that is what I do, like a week or so, I know it is a pain, case we loose 3 days on the air.  but that is what I do.

13 minutes ago, VanDerFran said:

Brother, I feel for you, I suggest getting married, but with the understand that there is no divorce there.

Divorce is possible outside the Philippines, and is recognized within the Philippines (via a court process) between a Filipino national and non-Filipino national.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

58 minutes ago, TNJ17 said:

I did not say it was the only reason. And really compare your story to theirs. You visited two more times for a month each. You were at the interview. You were married. Your applied for CR1. A whole lot of difference than what they did. Your age difference was probably a red flag for them too but you had other stuff to back up your relationship. They didn’t. Big difference. 

Did you read my post?  I didn't say that you said that is was the only reason.

45 minutes ago, WokTheDog said:

I watched a few videos from experts and read some articles.   I think what I'm going to do is visit her again after my project at the end of July, get lots of pictures with her and her family, refile K1 Visa, will try to visit her again, before the interview, then go  to the interview with her and her child.   The visa coach I was watching says that after the first denial, if a scam, will break up.   He said to file again to show your love.   I am starting to think that is a good option.   I will be there for the interview too, which will really help i think.

Did I read that you were previously married to a pinay?  Did you bring her from the Philippines?  That could be a red flag for sure depending on how long the marriage lasted, how long ago, etc...  So now you watched some videos  from "experts" and have decided to totally disregard nearly everyone here and refile for yet another K-1.  Yeah, I think you should go for another K-1.  Go for it!  And let us know what happens.   I'm out until I hear about your second K-1 denial and you come back for more advice again.

Edited by David & Zoila

4 hours ago, David & Zoila said:

The CO making comments like this is inappropriate to say the least.  I have a feeling your fiance misunderstood or misinterpreted something here.  I mean, I have never heard of CO's making moral judgements in the Manila embassy.  Just sayin.

That's kinda what I was thinking. I am not saying that your OP's fiancee doesn't speak fluent English but sometimes, things can be misinterpreted. Ex. When my husband and uncle spoke and my husband said Hey! (in a neutral way, like Hi, my uncle(Filipino) took it as disrespectful. 

OP, I am sorry to hear about the denial. Unless they made a real error and have records, your best choice may be CR1. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, geowrian said:

Divorce is possible outside the Philippines, and is recognized within the Philippines (via a court process) between a Filipino national and non-Filipino national.

Divorce in the Philippines is not possible, yes annulment can be done with another country divorce decree, but it is costly and if she can't get visa to get here, it makes matters worse.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.