1,607 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
30 minutes ago, Monicalalfonso said:

Hi! We're so close! Mid June? I think i am 119 days.

i am 119 too, we are very close!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
On 10/10/2018 at 10:56 AM, VikaShew2017 said:

TWINS! 

The start of our K1 Visa Journey from Cuba to Miami

6/14/2018             NOA1 Receipt Date

6/19/2018             NOA1 Notice Date

11/26/2018           NOA2 Notice Date

11/27/2018           NOA2 Approval received via USCIS Case Tracker! 

11/30/2018           NOA2 Hardcopy Received in Mail

12/03/2018           NVC Received Case

12/13/2018           NVC Case # Received

12/27/2018           Case received & Intv Given by Guyana Embassy

01/23/2019           Interview Scheduled 

1/29/2019             Entered the US through Miami, FL 

2/26/2019             Married in Miami! 

3/13/2019             Sent in I-485 - AOS

5/31/2019             Interview Scheduled 

7/2/2019               Approval notice via USCIS App! 

7/10/2019            GC Received! 

Best Regards,

Monica Alfonso

On 10/11/2018 at 9:12 PM, Monicalalfonso said:

TWINS! 

On 10/10/2018 at 3:56 PM, VikaShew2017 said:

You're actually triplets. 14th June 2018 NOA1 hard copy! 

I'm flying back out for Christmas with my Fianceé and hopefully we'll hear something during the trip. I wish you all the best of luck 

Summary:

Filed I129f: 06/09/2018

NOA2 dated: 11/29/2018

NVC Case #: Fianceé (USC) Called and received it: 01/08/2019

Case Shipped: 01/08/2019

Case Received: 01/15/2019

Medical: 02/08/2019

Interview: 03/11/2019 - Approved

Visa In Hand: 03/15/2019

US Entry: 05/11/2019 - DTW

Marriage: 06/22/2019

Filed AOS/EAD/AP: 08/02/2019

NOA1: 08/09/2019

RFE: 09/29/2019

Biometrics: 09/30/2019

Interview Letter Received: 11/02/2019

Interview Date: 12/09/2019

AOS Approval Date: 01/04/2020 (Assuming - that's the valid date on my card)

Green Card Received: 01/08/2020

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Guys I have a really positive question, if everything goes right and we get our NOA2 in early January... When we would be leaving our countries to go the US? I mean when we would actually have our fiancé visa? By April? So like 5-6 months that's honestly nothing, is super fast.... Wao is hitting me that we might be leaving our countries so soon, of course, in order to spend our lives with our love of our lives, but let's take advantage our families this time 😍❤️❤️❤️ I really pray for everyone to get our NOA2 aprooved fast to keep moving with this process. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
2 hours ago, Stefannievs said:

Guys I have a really positive question, if everything goes right and we get our NOA2 in early January... When we would be leaving our countries to go the US? I mean when we would actually have our fiancé visa?

Average time to NVC from NOA2 is 19 days. Average NVC processing time is 15 days. Average NVC to consulate is 5 days. So 39 days on average to your consulate.

There aren't a lot of couples with a beneficiary from Peru at VJ (less than 10 K-1s in the last year with timelines here), so the average processing time listed here may suffer from small sample size problems, but assuming the average is accurate that's 37 days to your interview. How long it takes to actually get your visa after your interview can vary a lot from case to case and country to country, but a week or two is probably reasonable. So about three months from NOA2 to having your visa in hand...

And then it just depends how long it takes for you to get things together to leave after that. It's legal to come to the US as soon as you have your visa, but since it's not wise to buy non-refundable tickets or quit your job until you have your visa in hand (your visa could spend unexpectedly long in administrative processing or have an error on it), you'll probably need some time after that.

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

36 minutes ago, DaveAndAnastasia said:

Average time to NVC from NOA2 is 19 days. Average NVC processing time is 15 days. Average NVC to consulate is 5 days. So 39 days on average to your consulate.

There aren't a lot of couples with a beneficiary from Peru at VJ (less than 10 K-1s in the last year with timelines here), so the average processing time listed here may suffer from small sample size problems, but assuming the average is accurate that's 37 days to your interview. How long it takes to actually get your visa after your interview can vary a lot from case to case and country to country, but a week or two is probably reasonable. So about three months from NOA2 to having your visa in hand...

And then it just depends how long it takes for you to get things together to leave after that. It's legal to come to the US as soon as you have your visa, but since it's not wise to buy non-refundable tickets or quit your job until you have your visa in hand (your visa could spend unexpectedly long in administrative processing or have an error on it), you'll probably need some time after that.

Great advice here^^^^ .   It really depends on how easy it is to get an appointment for the medical and interview in Peru....Good Luck!

Finally done...

3 minutes ago, ZimboFire said:

Well i feel like the only Zimbabwean on vj or the rest silently reading maybe lol. Patiently waiting for NOA2  having received NOA1 in June.

Maybe this will help. https://www.visajourney.com/portals/memberlist.php?country=Zimbabwe Or select your flag to get there.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 7:51 PM, Stefannievs said:

Thank you so much for your responses. Wao I didn't know we are not so many peruavians haha 😊 

https://www.visajourney.com/portals/memberlist.php?country=Peru

Select your flag under your profile on the left column here, then in the middle upper portion of the page you will see a listing of other selections which includes finding other from Peru.

1.  Use the tools here in VJ to answer "when I am going to get etc. etc." question. Near your picture, there is a link to your timeline. Select it and once you're on the next page near your picture you will see "follow similar timelines" and it will populate 12 other couples who are near your dates. Scroll down and you will see a "spreadsheet" style page showing all the variables for measurement for when others from your Embassy are getting the same notice of approval or action.  Try it. It really works!

2. And if you want to follow those from other countries that have similar timelines as yours there are several tools available to you. Go up to Immigration Timelines on the blue ribbon above and select it. Once you are on the next page looked to your left and you will see a box that states, "find similar timelines" and select it. A list will populate with those who are processing close to your timeline. When they start to change you will soon be behind them.

I followed those that were in my group to give me an idea where they were in processing so I could judge if I was ahead or behind.  It's pretty accurate, maybe within a day or so.

If you choose to follow those twelve members then you will get an email every time their status updates.

And one more item:

I don't have a Packet 3 letter that has all the requirements for your upcoming interview but what I have I will share below. Once you get in touch with your Embassy and the send you the P3 letter with all the requirements if would be so kind and share a copy with me then I can use it to help others in the future. Thanks.

To ask questions concerning your journey you should join your Country's sub-forum where they have the knowledge to answer your questions. Link is here:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/96-mexico-latin-south-america/

Get to know your Country's VJ portal here:

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Peru&cty=Lima

Get familiar with your Embassy's website located here:

https://pe.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/

Read more about the K-1 visa at https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Supplements/Supplements_by_Post/LMA_Lima.html#pre_interview_checklist

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

1 minute ago, ZimboFire said:

thank you have seen them but silent wonders hiding in vj somewhere need to start a zimbabwean wake up and talk thing here shortly lol

Start your own thread in this section (https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/128-k-1-fiancee-visa-case-filing-and-progress-reports/). Then PM each of the couples from your country and invite them to join and share there knowledge. Some times you gots to do what you gots to do.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Thank you so much @Greenbaum Do you work for  VisaJourney? You're always helping everyone and you know a lot of this process!!!!!! I really appreciate it. You're the best. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.