1,607 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

That's so true. We need to think like that. The last step before our happy life together 😃😃😃 everything needs to work out!!!!! Tomorrow September yaay

yeees finally September. After September, there will be more than half the time waiting! everything will go much faster!

Edited by VikaShew2017

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
1 hour ago, Stefannievs said:

Hello June fillers. I just came to my country (Peru) after spending 10 magical days in Canada with my fiance. Not checking this cause I was with him haha. Seems we won't see each other till January that he could come again here because of the money and time. I was wondering do you have to wait so much to see your fiancée too? Wao I'm so sad I know I've done this so many times (being apart and wait) but Its just sad. This process is still in February updated ...:( What about you guys? 

I'm from Argentina, I've seen my fiancee in May for 15 days after 7 months Waitting to meet again. Now we are planning to see eachother in October or November in México. Hope we can! We miss eachother so much. I think we will have news in january or febrary.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

My fiancé is in Brazil and we get to see each other about once a year.  He doesn’t have a tourist visa so I have to travel to see him.  But that’s ok because I love Brazil!  We’ve got plans to be at the beach for Christmas.  I may be there when our NOA2 arrives...

I-129F packet sent = 06/15/2018

I-129F NOA1 = 06/21/2018

RFE = 12/19/2018

RFE response = 01/12/2019

I-129F NOA2 = 01/19/2019

NVC received = 02/14/2019 ♥️

Embassy received = 03/07/2019

Interview = 05/07/2019  Requested more documents.  Returned beneficiary's passport to him. Submitted documents 6/3/19. Email received saying they were received.

Emailed Consulate = 08/02/2019 asking about visa. Received email stating they had never received the documents. Sent documents again. 

Phone call from consulate = 08/07/2019 saying they were approving the visa. Fiancé has to send them his passport. 

Passport returned to consulate (in person) = 

Visa received = 09/05/2019

Entry into USA = 10/24/2019

Married = 11/23/2019

AOS sent =

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
1 hour ago, Fernanda R Sanz said:

I'm from Argentina, I've seen my fiancee in May for 15 days after 7 months Waitting to meet again. Now we are planning to see eachother in October or November in México. Hope we can! We miss eachother so much. I think we will have news in january or febrary.

Wao 7 months is so long. The longest was for us 4 and a half but that's when you can show to us you have a true love 😍 Good luck. Hopefully we have news in December 😲

24 minutes ago, Mococatx said:

My fiancé is in Brazil and we get to see each other about once a year.  He doesn’t have a tourist visa so I have to travel to see him.  But that’s ok because I love Brazil!  We’ve got plans to be at the beach for Christmas.  I may be there when our NOA2 arrives...

Awe you'll spend Xmas together that's so sweet. We wanted to but flights are too expensive :( youll have a blast 😊😊

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Stefannievs said:

Wao 7 months is so long. The longest was for us 4 and a half but that's when you can show to us you have a true love 😍 Good luck. Hopefully we have news in December 😲

Awe you'll spend Xmas together that's so sweet. We wanted to but flights are too expensive :( youll have a blast 😊😊

Yes!, we have a six year relationship, se know eachother since 2011. We've always been together until October 2017,when I traveled back to Argentina and he returned to New York, after a long time in México. I really would like to be with him this christmas, but if we are aproved, this will be my last christmas with Argentinian Summer. 😊

Be strong, we're all going to reunite with our soulmates, this requires patience and perseverance. 

Timeline
7 hours ago, Fernanda R Sanz said:

Yes!, we have a six year relationship, se know eachother since 2011. We've always been together until October 2017,when I traveled back to Argentina and he returned to New York, after a long time in México. I really would like to be with him this christmas, but if we are aproved, this will be my last christmas with Argentinian Summer. 😊

Be strong, we're all going to reunite with our soulmates, this requires patience and perseverance. 

Wow everyone has a beautiful story. This process is so stressful but at the same same so beautiful.... Everything for love 😍  You're so right... Thanks for your sweet words 

Timeline

Hello everyone. I have a really important question. We're engaged and of course we want to have a beautiful wedding but every place will be booked by the time we get our visa...and we just have 3 months to be in USA before our wedding. How will you do or are you doing? I wish I could book something now for like July but with all this weird and scary process. How do we do 😪😪 help please cause I wanna have a beautiful wedding and I don't know what to do....

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Stefannievs said:

Hello everyone. I have a really important question. We're engaged and of course we want to have a beautiful wedding but every place will be booked by the time we get our visa...and we just have 3 months to be in USA before our wedding. How will you do or are you doing? I wish I could book something now for like July but with all this weird and scary process. How do we do 😪😪 help please cause I wanna have a beautiful wedding and I don't know what to do....

In our case we will wait until Im there to start planning a wedding ceremony or party, also our honeymoon, just in case we are not aproved. Of course we're positive about it, but you don't know until you know. I would suggest you not to invest a lot of money in a wedding party right now, better save it until you are  100% sure you're aproved. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
45 minutes ago, Stefannievs said:

Easiest option is to get legally married at your local county clerk's office as soon as you're both in the US, and then plan your ceremony on your own timetable. That's what we'll be doing, and what most of us do if we're planning on any kind of ceremony beyond a civil wedding I think.

If you want your wedding ceremony to be your legal wedding, and you want a large/formal wedding, though... the beneficiary has six months from when the visa is issued to come to the US, and you have 90 days to get married after that. Which gives you about 9 months to work with instead of three. And you can certainly look at venues and do any prep work that doesn't require committing to a date before then.

For something in between, there are companies that will put together beach/park weddings on fairly short notice in a lot of vacation destinations in the US.

Everyone here is going to strongly recommend not making any non-refundable deposits on anything until the beneficiary actually has his or her visa, because lots of things can happen that can cause your visa to be issued later than you expect, and many of them have absolutely nothing to do with your case.

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, DaveAndAnastasia said:

If you want your wedding ceremony to be your legal wedding, and you want a large/formal wedding, though... the beneficiary has six months from when the visa is issued to come to the US, and you have 90 days to get married after that. Which gives you about 9 months to work with instead of three. And you can certainly look at venues and do any prep work that doesn't require committing to a date before then.

Obviously every couple/story is different, but to me this path specifically of delaying your entry, so one "half" can plan elaborate "formal" wedding ceremony with only limited remote help from their partner seems incredibly counter productive and very artificial. To me, wedding, is something close and intimate, not a huge gala production that tend to cause more stress and aggravation than joy. The one thing we can never ever get back is time, and if happily ever after is the goal, is formal wedding really worth the additional unnecessary delay? 🤔

Having said that, I can totally understand being hesitant to get married on Day  2 after entry to US, especially for couple are not fortunate enough to be able to meet frequently during the "Wait" NOA1 to NOA2 part. Living together, even for happy couples, can be quite a change, and might require an adjustment period. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline
22 hours ago, Stefannievs said:

Honestly don’t really understand the issue here: 

- simple beautiful wedding can be organized within a month or two;

- big beautiful wedding on a K1 visa is usually impossible due to not so much the visa timelimits but the nature of the union i. e. involves forigners. Unless we are talking about some border countries.

As much as I dream to have at least my parents with me on my wedding date I am aware of the fact that it might not happened and I will be not able to do a thing about that. Our plan is to have a small ceremony in US (Preferably by some lake. And preferably with my parents on site). On a 1yr (or later) wedding anniversary we would want to have a celebratory party back in my country, for our friends and my close family (hopefully also T’s). 

I also think that not even half way through the USCIS process is not a time to plan specifis about the wedding. Although I admit that right after filing I have scanned the area of T’s hometown and checked out different venues. But I am not planning anything till I have a visa in my hand. Suggest you will not also - you will just get unnecessary depressed! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Lizsg said:

Hello guys!

We are June fillers too!

I-129F packet sent = 05/27/2018

I-129F NOA1 = 06/01/2018

I-129F NOA2 =

Interview = 

Visa received = 

Entry into USA = 

Married = 

Best luck to all!

Hello!!! Likewise :) 

The start of our K1 Visa Journey from Cuba to Miami

6/14/2018             NOA1 Receipt Date

6/19/2018             NOA1 Notice Date

11/26/2018           NOA2 Notice Date

11/27/2018           NOA2 Approval received via USCIS Case Tracker! 

11/30/2018           NOA2 Hardcopy Received in Mail

12/03/2018           NVC Received Case

12/13/2018           NVC Case # Received

12/27/2018           Case received & Intv Given by Guyana Embassy

01/23/2019           Interview Scheduled 

1/29/2019             Entered the US through Miami, FL 

2/26/2019             Married in Miami! 

3/13/2019             Sent in I-485 - AOS

5/31/2019             Interview Scheduled 

7/2/2019               Approval notice via USCIS App! 

7/10/2019            GC Received! 

Best Regards,

Monica Alfonso

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

I have a question for everyone, I've tried searching but not able to find much information. My fiance would love to come visit until we get our NOA2 or close to it, but as of right now, he is unemployed. He's taking community college courses but I'm worried it's not enough if he gets interviewed in secondary . The first time he came to visit, before the K1, he was in secondary for a while (new passport) but I'm just afraid he would be turned away after an 18 hour flight. Has anyone had luck with a month or two visit but with no employment? What else could he possibly use for ties to home ? He uses the VWP and ESTA.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 9/4/2018 at 2:14 PM, pinkitmake said:

I have a question for everyone, I've tried searching but not able to find much information. My fiance would love to come visit until we get our NOA2 or close to it, but as of right now, he is unemployed. He's taking community college courses but I'm worried it's not enough if he gets interviewed in secondary . The first time he came to visit, before the K1, he was in secondary for a while (new passport) but I'm just afraid he would be turned away after an 18 hour flight. Has anyone had luck with a month or two visit but with no employment? What else could he possibly use for ties to home ? He uses the VWP and ESTA.

Is he a full-time student?
U mentioned community college - I don't think it matters WHAT type of school he's at?
He can show proof of tuition paid and classed enrolled in.

I don't mean to be rude but if he's a student, how is he visiting until you get NOA2? U do know that's at least 4 months out...
Are u saying he's "supposed" to be employed (but is unemployed at this time) but takes classes on the side?
if so, yes. U are correct - visiting is always a risk since immigration officer can turn anyone away at any time at the borders and it doesn't sound to me that he has enough to show he's connected back to Korea.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.