1,607 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
1 hour ago, Snicda said:

Hey guys,

I have a serious question. Is it true that when my finace( petitioner) sends me sponsorship doc, the job should be permanent or something. Is there any rules regarding this? Can he apply that of he is working from a temp.agency and his job hasnt been permanent? And this is scaring hell out of me. 

Hey, it is important for petitioner to show that has a stable income, otherwise USCIS May believe you both can become a public charge and that could be couse of denial. What he can do is ask to have a permanent job or change his actual job to another with a permanent status. Then you, or himself can explain at the interview the job change. 

If I were you, I would not risk money and time. You still have time to do something about it. Also, depends in which country you will have the interview, some countries are tougher than others. Please, ask for a profetional advise if you can. 

On 8/5/2018 at 8:29 PM, JunYun said:

congratz! this is amazing! could you be possible to share the well-organized folder so it could inspire others on the preparation? appreciate...

Why do when do will do?

https://www.uscis.gov/forms-filing-tips

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

1 hour ago, Fernanda R Sanz said:

Hey, it is important for petitioner to show that has a stable income, otherwise USCIS May believe you both can become a public charge and that could be couse of denial. What he can do is ask to have a permanent job or change his actual job to another with a permanent status. Then you, or himself can explain at the interview the job change. 

If I were you, I would not risk money and time. You still have time to do something about it. Also, depends in which country you will have the interview, some countries are tougher than others. Please, ask for a profetional advise if you can. 

In the end the Embassy will review his current job (pay stubbs) and last year's 1040 or IRS transcripts to determine if they are above the poverty guidelines for their household. If he earns more then they do not have to do anything else except all the required supporting documents along with a completed I-134.

If under the guidelines then they'll need a co-sponsor. Most Embassy's will not take a sponsor but each is different. 

That is the guidelines for any Embassy.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

2 hours ago, Snicda said:

Thanks its a relief. So he has to show last years income as well?? Ok i will keep everything in mind and see what can be done. We do have a co-sponsor though. Thanks its a big relief.

You are required to complete Form I-134. If the income reported on this form or your tax return reflects income below the poverty guidelines for the year the form was submitted, submit evidence of your income. This can include the following documents:

• For those who are employed by an individual or company, submit a photocopy of an employment letter, pay stub, or pay advance (direct-deposit receipt) that meets the criteria below:
    • Includes your name and the company’s name;
    • Is on signed, business letterhead (you cannot sign the letter yourself); and
    • Is issued within the last three months.
  • For those who are self-employed, obtain a photocopy of one of the following:
    • Your business license.
    • A signed letter on business letterhead that was written within in the last three months.
    • A contract between you as an independent contractor and a company.
  • For those who are unemployed or retired, submit a photocopy of ongoing income from other means, such as:
    • retirement benefits;
    • other household members' income; or
    • other significant assets

EVIDENCE OF SUPPORT. You should be able to demonstrate that you will not become a public charge or be a burden on the U.S. taxpayers for financial support. A completed I-134 Affidavit of Support Form K1/K2 Interview Preparation Instructions – English (February 2014)  Page 3 of 9 with original signature will be useful to the consular officer to evaluate your petitioner’s ability to be financially responsible for you. You should also submit your petitioner’s most recent U.S. Federal income tax return (Form 1040) and wage statements (Form W-2). Employment letters stating salaries and bank statements may be included to substantiate the I-134.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

2 hours ago, Fernanda R Sanz said:

Your intentions are meaningful. Having a steady income is important but how you earn your income, whether through self employment, permanent job or doing seasonal or temp work has no bearing on the status from which USCIS and/or the Embassy will adjudicate their case. The important item to take away, are they meeting or exceeding the poverty guidelines. If yes then the are good to go with compiling the required documents to support the I-134. If not, then they need to secure a co-sponsor with the idea that not all Embassy's except co-sponsors.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Fernanda R Sanz what's confusing?

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Your intentions are meaningful. Having a steady income is important but how you earn your income, whether through self employment, permanent job or doing seasonal or temp work has no bearing on the status from which USCIS and/or the Embassy will adjudicate their case. The important item to take away, are they meeting or exceeding the poverty guidelines. If yes then the are good to go with compiling the required documents to support the I-134. If not, then they need to secure a co-sponsor with the idea that not all Embassy's except co-sponsors.

Im sorry if someone felt bad or misstreated, my intentions weren't meaningfull at all. 

I'm also prepaieing my paper work, and read that in visatutor.com. 

That it could be a red flag not having a permanent job. I'm also worried about that.

8 minutes ago, Fernanda R Sanz said:

Im sorry if someone felt bad or misstreated, my intentions weren't meaningfull at all. 

I'm also prepaieing my paper work, and read that in visatutor.com. 

That it could be a red flag not having a permanent job. I'm also worried about that.

Your interpreting what I said wrong. I complimented you, that you were trying to help and I just wanted to recognize that. Thank you for helping others.

I went to that website and I did not see where it stated that you had to have permanent work to file the I-134. If you can lead me to the exact page, I'd be better equipped to comment on this issue. 

mean·ing·ful
ˈmēniNGfəl/  
adjective
adjective: meaningful
  1. having meaning.
    "meaningful elements in a language"
    synonyms: significant, relevant, important, consequential, telling, material, valid, worthwhile
    "a meaningful remark"
    antonyms: inconsequential
    • having a serious, important, or useful quality or purpose.
      "making our lives rich and meaningful"
      synonyms: sincere, deep, serious, in earnest, significant, important
      "a meaningful relationship"
    • communicating something that is not directly expressed.
      "meaningful glances and repressed passion"
      synonyms: expressive, eloquent, pointed, significant, meaning; More
Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

2 minutes ago, Fernanda R Sanz said:

I don't understand why you say I'm being mean, or being hard on me. I'm sharing my doubts and the information I know and read as anybody here, I'm not an expert of course. 😓

This forums are created to help make our dream come true, try to avoid redflags by others knowlwdge or experiences and share ours.

As I sayed before, Im also worried about this permanent, none-permanent job status of petitioner, minimun income,what or how to prepair all paper work, and so on. We all have one chance to do it right, and we all want to be aproved.

Thanks, for sharing info about how to prepair the paperwork, I'm still trying to get that right.

Meaningful is not the definition of "Mean". I added the dictionary entry above to "Meaningful". Any ways. I like that your helping. Good Luck.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
Just now, Greenbaum said:

Meaningful is not the definition of "Mean". I added the dictionary meaning above to "Meaningful". Any ways. I like that your helping. Good Luck.

Sorry, got you wrong. I read your answer after submiting my reply. Thanks, if you know more about, how to prepair the proves and Affidavit of support please do, there is not much info out there. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi!
Maybe a little strange question, but it made me confused this night.
I am the beneficiary.
After i will get NOA2, I am going to leave my work, I want to spend more time with family before I move. So in the time when I will have interview I will not work, but in the application for visa we wrote that i have work, name of the company, etc...
Is my plan ok or I should leave work after interview? 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, VikaShew2017 said:

Hi!
Maybe a little strange question, but it made me confused this night.
I am the beneficiary.
After i will get NOA2, I am going to leave my work, I want to spend more time with family before I move. So in the time when I will have interview I will not work, but in the application for visa we wrote that i have work, name of the company, etc...
Is my plan ok or I should leave work after interview? 

I really don't think it matters to CO. We put it as "unemployed" for me on I-129F because I opted to take my time after a really difficult and committing employment in Kiev. That said, now I don't see an opportunity (and frankly speaking, a reason) to get a job in Odessa while I am busy with child care, property issues and dental treatment (5 times more expensive in the US). Add scheduled face time with my fiance totalling to 6 weeks (3+3), no one will want such an employee. Should I happen to be employed by interview time, I will put it as is. I think it equally works for someone being employed on I-129F and unemployed on DS-160. USCIS is primarily interested in your fiance having a job and being financially stable and you merely telling the truth about yourself.

Ps: that is what Affidavit of Support is all about. It really doesn't matter who we the aliens are.

Edited by HP+IC

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
2 hours ago, HP+IC said:

I really don't think it matters to CO. We put it as "unemployed" for me on I-129F because I opted to take my time after a really difficult and committing employment in Kiev. That said, now I don't see an opportunity (and frankly speaking, a reason) to get a job in Odessa while I am busy with child care, property issues and dental treatment (5 times more expensive in the US). Add scheduled face time with my fiance totalling to 6 weeks (3+3), no one will want such an employee. Should I happen to be employed by interview time, I will put it as is. I think it equally works for someone being employed on I-129F and unemployed on DS-160. USCIS is primarily interested in your fiance having a job and being financially stable and you merely telling the truth about yourself.

Ps: that is what Affidavit of Support is all about. It really doesn't matter who we the aliens are.

thank you, you made me calmer

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
27 minutes ago, VikaShew2017 said:

thank you, you made me calmer

Well, you have probably heard that advice from the Embassy "do not quit your job, do not sell property and car etc", but to the best of my understanding it has nothing to do with you filing your DS-160 properly and chance to K-1 visa being approved. The process is very lengthy overall, and life is going on. Hopefully, we will get our visas without delays, but that is where tough time begins to have everything settled in Ukraine and everything ready in the US so that one doesn't have to stay in Ukraine for another 5 mos and rush to the US in fear that K-1 will expire. Just do what you feel is comfortable for you and hope for the best

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.