Mina90

Expect more delays

82 posts in this topic

Just now, Cyberfx1024 said:

I completely understand as well since I am a Federal employee as well. But I will have to ask around at a couple of people I know who work with USCIS right now to see if they have heard anything about it being a possibility of a wider layoff than just in that office.

Also it is kinda disconcerting because like I said I am trying to get hired on by the USCIS myself so this kinda sucks.

Please do, if you have any info, let us know because we are truly concerned about it. My husband is already looking for another job just in case.  :(

One person on here said that the Delaware branch is closing...that doesn't sound too good. I am wondering if we will hear about a wider lay-off in the future when it's all been done. I just hope not.

10 minutes ago, Mina90 said:

This information I shared with you isn't something that just happened right now, it started over 1.5 months ago and is still continuing which is what alarmed me and I thought to share.  If you think it's fake or don't want to believe, that's fine, no one needs to.  Let's try to keep it civilized though. 

Thanks.

I have to admit at first I did think it was fake at first or someone heard it from someone who heard it from someone, you know one of those types of things.              But after everything talked about it makes sense.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Layoffs don’t necessarily mean more delays. I would imagine that there are several measures implemented to keep the ball rolling. Millions of Americans and future Americans would be affected 

Edited by Rocko20

Just now, Rocko20 said:

Layoffs don’t necessary mean more delays  . I would imagine that there are many measures implemented to keep the ball rolling. Millions of Americans and future Americans are affected 

Most certainly, however, each day it seems more and more people are going. If they get rid of most workers, who's left doing the work?

By no means am I saying that this will for sure cause delays, I'm saying it may have an impact. Hoping that it won't and I'm hoping no more lay-offs.

3 minutes ago, Mina90 said:

Please do, if you have any info, let us know because we are truly concerned about it. My husband is already looking for another job just in case.  :(

One person on here said that the Delaware branch is closing...that doesn't sound too good. I am wondering if we will hear about a wider lay-off in the future when it's all been done. I just hope not.

Is your husband a Contractor or a actual Federal Employee? I was actually speaking with one of them yesterday to see if he could get the ball rolling in regards to an interview with the USCIS.

Edited by Cyberfx1024

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
16 hours ago, Scandi said:

Didn't Trump just sign an EO that will make it easier to fire government employees that do a sucky job? :P

I wouldn't say it's easier necessarily. It requires more documentation and more action but it'll still take time.

6 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

Is your husband a Contractor or a actual Federal Employee? I was actually speaking with one of them yesterday to see if he could get the ball rolling in regards to an interview with the USCIS.

I hope you get the job though regardless of everything. 

From what I understand, it was a 3-step interview for my husband to get this job, but that may be different for different positions in USCIS.

Just now, Mina90 said:

My husband is a contractor. He was aiming to become a Fed Em but with all this going on, I don't know if that's foreseeable in the future, at least not at USCIS. 

Definitely look into it because the benefits are worth it.

16 hours ago, Scandi said:

Didn't Trump just sign an EO that will make it easier to fire government employees that do a sucky job? :P

5 minutes ago, Smelserjl said:

I wouldn't say it's easier necessarily. It requires more documentation and more action but it'll still take time.

It shortened the time for PIP from 6 months to 1 month. It also took a lot of the Unions out of the firing process.

6 minutes ago, Mina90 said:

I hope you get the job though regardless of everything. 

From what I understand, it was a 3-step interview for my husband to get this job, but that may be different for different positions in USCIS.

My job is more technical than actual interviewing or other parts of the USCIS. So the 3 step process doesn't really apply to technical jobs at all, it's more about experience.

1 minute ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

My job is more technical than actual interviewing or other parts of the USCIS. So the 3 step process doesn't really apply to technical jobs at all, it's more about experience.

That's great. My husband is a software engineer, so he is in the IT side of things but had made friends with other parts of USCIS (which are ones that have been doing the lay-offs). 

10 minutes ago, Mina90 said:

That's great. My husband is a software engineer, so he is in the IT side of things but had made friends with other parts of USCIS (which are ones that have been doing the lay-offs). 

Ahhh ok. I am IT as well but I am wanting to move over to Telecommunications.

Edited by Cyberfx1024

1 minute ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

Ahhh ok. I am IT as well but I am move over to Telecommunications.

The thing is, my husband said that his department said they're already funded (even though I thought they were self-funded but I guess not fully), so they shouldn't have to worry about lay-offs.  Maybe you will be fine since you're applying for the tech side of it.

38 minutes ago, Mina90 said:

The Delaware branch is a place I'm familiar with. It's not closing per say. Merely it will continue to act as an ASC for biometrics, but it will conduct no interviews or anything like that. Which is odd because I didn't think they did anything like that over at that branch (it's literally a small place in a strip mall with no hint as to it ever being an official government building) and half the time it's pretty dead.

Now I had heard last year they were going to be building a massive complex in Camp Springs, but that's about it MD-wise.

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.