kazBuk

Urgently i neef to know i-864a form

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

If you are an employee, it is what you will earn in the next twelve months.  Take your gross pay from your last pay period times the number of pay periods in a year.

If you are self employed, your current income is on line 22 of your 2017 tax return.

Note that the information above works for anybody, but if you are the petitioner, you would use the I-864, not the I-864a.  The "a" is for a household member combining income with the sponsor, or for the spouse of a joint sponsor, usually, but for any family member combining income with any primary or joint sponsor.

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

So I can take my last pay stub look at the gross for that pay period and times that by how many pay period is left in the year, and add that amount to what I already got in the prior months. 

For example: say from Jan - may I made 10500. The last pay stub gross say 650.00.  So i still have jun thru Dec to add yet. So I'll times 650 x 14 pay days left in the year = ) then i will add what i got prior to what i will get the rest of the year. And, that will be " my current individual annual income" . 

I need to clarify cause I'm doing a I-864 and a I-864a cause I don't meet the requirements. And, needed a joint sponsor.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
12 hours ago, pushbrk said:

If you are self employed, your current income is on line 22 of your 2017 tax return.

I agree with that statement as it is found on the form instructions.  I am self-employed and filed AOS on Friday. My attorney insisted we use line 37 (adjusted gross income) not line 22 (total income). We argued and I agreed to use line 37.  Lawyer stated line 22  always gets RFE and since my line 37 is above the poverty guideline it doesn't matter 22 vs 37. 

Now waiting to see if lawyer was correct.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
6 hours ago, Bukkaz said:

So I can take my last pay stub look at the gross for that pay period and times that by how many pay period is left in the year, and add that amount to what I already got in the prior months. 

For example: say from Jan - may I made 10500. The last pay stub gross say 650.00.  So i still have jun thru Dec to add yet. So I'll times 650 x 14 pay days left in the year = ) then i will add what i got prior to what i will get the rest of the year. And, that will be " my current individual annual income" . 

I need to clarify cause I'm doing a I-864 and a I-864a cause I don't meet the requirements. And, needed a joint sponsor.

When you multiply, you are done.  No "adding" of anything in the past.  I did not say how many paydays are left in the year.  I said how many paydays are in a whole year.  That's the number.  If your gross pay was $500 for a week then your current income is $26,000 which is $500 X 52 weeks.

If you don't meet the requirements, you'll need an I-864 from you, an I-864 from the joint sponsor and only an I-864a if the joint sponsor is married or combining income with somebody else.  Only if your (other sponsor) is a qualifying household member of yours, AND AND AND does not qualify without combining their income with yours, would you have them complete an I-864a.  YOU would NEVER provide an I-864a because you are ALWAYS the primary sponsor whether you qualify or not.

Please read my and any government instructions very carefully and interpret them literally.  Do not add things that are not in the instructions.  That will always get you into trouble.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.