1,626 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Question: The spelling of my fiancee's first name is different on her passport than what we used on the I-129F.  And as a result, the spelling will also be different on the DS-160 since it uses the spelling on her passport.  I assume we need to address this somehow? Thanks.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

@Greenbaum or anyone, well my fiancee missed her CFO GCP class as she forgot she was supposed to be there 1 and a half hours early before the 9 am session started. I'll have to reschedule when she's ready to fly out in September 17th to be with me here in Las Vegas. I haven't booked the flight yet because she hasn't gotten her passport yet.  She will of course have her visa and passport by then. Do I schedule her again in the GCP class so she can get her certificate AND CFO sticker?  Or can she do the PDOS class? Seems like it's not really clear so anyone if you can guide me there I would appreciate it. 

Timeline
8 hours ago, RyanMaria 2018 said:

@Greenbaum or anyone, well my fiancee missed her CFO GCP class as she forgot she was supposed to be there 1 and a half hours early before the 9 am session started. I'll have to reschedule when she's ready to fly out in September 17th to be with me here in Las Vegas. I haven't booked the flight yet because she hasn't gotten her passport yet.  She will of course have her visa and passport by then. Do I schedule her again in the GCP class so she can get her certificate AND CFO sticker?  Or can she do the PDOS class? Seems like it's not really clear so anyone if you can guide me there I would appreciate it. 

Did they refuse to let her in? Coz that extra hour before the scheduled time is only to make time for filling up a form which can be done in about 15 minutes. And to answer your question, here's the exact words from the CFO GCP website "Slot is forfeited if you don’t show up on set date of appointment. Reservation must be done again online."😊

10 hours ago, RyanMaria 2018 said:

She is required to take the GCP class and not the PDOS. Register again and complete the class.  There is a new location in Davao that she can register for if she is closer to it.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

9 hours ago, LoveSeaBu said:

Hi @Greenbaum 😊 I just want to ask if there’s a website where I can track the status of my visa. I just got done with my Manila interview today and it’s approved. Thanks in advance. ☺️

Track Your Visa from USEM to 2GO. PLUS!

TRACK YOUR VISA/PASSPORT AT THE EMBASSY

State Dept.  visa tracking:  https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?   (not updated or as detailed as the USEM website)

Here is a link for requirements for receiving your passport and the visa, there are also options for tracking the status of your visa/passport and where it is currently.  You can also change delivery options.  http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ph-niv-passportretrieve.asp#trackingoptions

If your application was temporarily refused under Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act, you can now check the status of your application online. http://manila.usembassy.gov/adminprocessing2.html

TRACK YOUR PASSPORT/VISA THROUGH 2GO

http://supplychain.2go.com.ph/CustomerSupport/etrace/index.asp Enter your UID number off the embassy confirmation letter (online confirmation page by bar code).

2GO CUSTOMER SERVICE FOR CHECKING DELIVERY

2Go customer service hotline (+632) 5287-136 is available Monday to Friday 8:00 am to 7:00 pm and Saturday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.

http://supplychain.2go.com.ph/CustomerSupport/etrace/index.asp

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ph-niv-passportretrieve.asp#trackingoptions

http://supplychain.2go.com.ph/CustomerSupport/tools/tracking.asp

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

14 hours ago, JP5380 said:

Question: The spelling of my fiancee's first name is different on her passport than what we used on the I-129F.  And as a result, the spelling will also be different on the DS-160 since it uses the spelling on her passport.  I assume we need to address this somehow? Thanks.

Every document you produce should match the passport, considering that the passport is correct in the naming nomenclature. If the passport is wrong, it needs to be corrected.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
20 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

She is required to take the GCP class and not the PDOS. Register again and complete the class.  There is a new location in Davao that she can register for if she is closer to it.

@Greenbaum Hey there my friend thanks for the info and seems like a simple  so anyway I sent you a message about 2 days ago so you should read it it's pretty interesting . I sent it to you so you can read personally because not something I wanted to share to all and when u do read it you'll see why. Okay my friend and have a great day and blessings to you and the family. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
2 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

Every document you produce should match the passport, considering that the passport is correct in the naming nomenclature. If the passport is wrong, it needs to be corrected.

Thanks Greenbaum. It is the English spelling that has a discrepancy in her first name. How do I go about having this corrected, since all of our documents are already at the embassy? I suppose we could have her passport changed if it’s easier 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Our case is IN TRANSIT to London since Wednesday.  Does anyone know roughly how longit takes? Di they send it electronically or snail mail? Thanks so much❤

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 7/29/2018 at 10:07 AM, wakeuplittlesuzy said:

Woohoo! My fiancé just finished up the DS-160 and was able to book his interview today, as the embassy has received the electronic file of our case! Looks like the medical will be August 8th, and the interview will be in London on August 22nd! Can't believe we're finally so close to being done...for now, haha. :jest:

My fiance called today to book his medical and the soonest he could get in was August 29th😢. Still waiting for the embassy to receive our case to book the interview.  Hopefully there isn't too long of a wait for that! 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

Track Your Visa from USEM to 2GO. PLUS!

TRACK YOUR VISA/PASSPORT AT THE EMBASSY

State Dept.  visa tracking:  https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?   (not updated or as detailed as the USEM website)

Here is a link for requirements for receiving your passport and the visa, there are also options for tracking the status of your visa/passport and where it is currently.  You can also change delivery options.  http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ph-niv-passportretrieve.asp#trackingoptions

If your application was temporarily refused under Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act, you can now check the status of your application online. http://manila.usembassy.gov/adminprocessing2.html

TRACK YOUR PASSPORT/VISA THROUGH 2GO

http://supplychain.2go.com.ph/CustomerSupport/etrace/index.asp Enter your UID number off the embassy confirmation letter (online confirmation page by bar code).

2GO CUSTOMER SERVICE FOR CHECKING DELIVERY

2Go customer service hotline (+632) 5287-136 is available Monday to Friday 8:00 am to 7:00 pm and Saturday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.

http://supplychain.2go.com.ph/CustomerSupport/etrace/index.asp

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ph-niv-passportretrieve.asp#trackingoptions

http://supplychain.2go.com.ph/CustomerSupport/tools/tracking.asp

Thanks @Greenbaum. I appreciate your help 😁

1 hour ago, ameownow1 said:

My fiance called today to book his medical and the soonest he could get in was August 29th😢. Still waiting for the embassy to receive our case to book the interview.  Hopefully there isn't too long of a wait for that! 

That's great that your fiancé was able to book his medical! I'm so sorry the wait is so long at this point. It sounds like there's been about a 5-week wait lately at Knightsbridge. My fiancé called to book his medical the day we received our NVC case number, so that's how we were able to get the August 8th date. I do feel like things seem to speed up from here, though, and we're all much closer to being done with the K-1 visa process than we were before! (That's what I tell myself to keep from going crazy 😂)

We got a notification that the NVC sent our case out to the Embassy in London on July 24th. The good news is that the Embassy will receive both an electronic file of your case, and a physical file, but they only need to have received the electronic file in order for you to book the interview! So, my fiancé completed his DS-160, paid the fee, and was able to book the interview because the electronic file had already arrived. So, I would definitely recommend giving that a try as soon as your NVC status changes in "in transit." Hope that helps! Feel free to DM me if you have any more questions about that! I'm happy to help! 😊

Here's a link to where we were discussing this in the U.K. sub-forum. This should help you figure out when to try to book the interview: 

Edited by wakeuplittlesuzy

10.10.2017 - Engagement

12.05.2017 - (K1 Visa) Case was Received

12.06.2017 - NOA1

06.14.2018 - NOA2 (Approved)

07.02.2018 - NVC received

07.03.2018 - NVC case number assigned

07.24.2018 - Left NVC/In Transit (22 days at NVC)

08.08.2018 - Medical

08.22.2018 - Interview (Approved! The whole process took 259 days from start to finish.)

09.08.2018 - POE

10.20.2018 - Marriage

11.14.2018 - (AOS) Case was Received

11.18.2018 - (AOS) Fingerprint Fee was Received

07.24.2019 - "Case Ready for Interview to be Scheduled" (253 days)

07.31.2019 - Green Card interview letter received in the mail (7 days later)

08.29.2019 - Green Card interview (Approved!)

09.03.2019 - New Card Being Produced!

09.07.2019 - Green Card in Hand! (9 days after our interview)

06.23.2021 - Form I-751 Removal of Conditions, Case was Received

06.26.2021 - NOA

^ As a disclaimer to my previous statement, each embassy handles this part of the K-1 Visa process differently. So, while this may be the case in the U.K., it may not work the same way in other countries! :thumbs:

10.10.2017 - Engagement

12.05.2017 - (K1 Visa) Case was Received

12.06.2017 - NOA1

06.14.2018 - NOA2 (Approved)

07.02.2018 - NVC received

07.03.2018 - NVC case number assigned

07.24.2018 - Left NVC/In Transit (22 days at NVC)

08.08.2018 - Medical

08.22.2018 - Interview (Approved! The whole process took 259 days from start to finish.)

09.08.2018 - POE

10.20.2018 - Marriage

11.14.2018 - (AOS) Case was Received

11.18.2018 - (AOS) Fingerprint Fee was Received

07.24.2019 - "Case Ready for Interview to be Scheduled" (253 days)

07.31.2019 - Green Card interview letter received in the mail (7 days later)

08.29.2019 - Green Card interview (Approved!)

09.03.2019 - New Card Being Produced!

09.07.2019 - Green Card in Hand! (9 days after our interview)

06.23.2021 - Form I-751 Removal of Conditions, Case was Received

06.26.2021 - NOA

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.