1,626 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Good morning guys, my package is Ready according to the NVC page since yesterday. My fiancé nowhere put my email to get the instructions. I do not know whether to schedule the interview in Bogotá Colombia, or whether or not I should wait for the instructions. Even if they do not have my email 😅😅 Is it necessary to wait for p3, so that I can schedule my interview?

Edited by NicholasS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hello everyone! :)

I just decided to check the ceac.com to see what's going on there and that's what I saw. 

Should I be worried? What does it mean? I did my medical and scheduled an interview for September 25. I would like an earlier interview, but it was the only date.

Thank you in advance.

IMG_20180726_131047.jpg

1 hour ago, LenaT said:

Hello everyone! :)

I just decided to check the ceac.com to see what's going on there and that's what I saw. 

Should I be worried? What does it mean? I did my medical and scheduled an interview for September 25. I would like an earlier interview, but it was the only date.

Thank you in advance.

Yes this is normal. Just about everyone gets this.  Based on the discussions I had with the case officer he informed me of the steps that Embassy will take in processing the visa after the interview:

the first AP is the immigration unit doing the paperwork for approving the visa

the first ready is a notice that they are finished and the paperwork is being sent for visa issuance

the second AP is the visa issuance people doing their own paperwork

the second ready is that the visa has been issued and is currently being processed for delivery

Then "issue" is posted and the visa has left the BIG house to YOUR house.

Once you get that second ready, it should be sent out within a few days, although we received our visa before any of the various websites that allow you to look up the status said that it had been sent out.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

2 hours ago, NicholasS said:

Good morning guys, my package is Ready according to the NVC page since yesterday. My fiancé nowhere put my email to get the instructions. I do not know whether to schedule the interview in Bogotá Colombia, or whether or not I should wait for the instructions. Even if they do not have my email 😅😅 Is it necessary to wait for p3, so that I can schedule my interview?

Get the US Embassy Colombian K1 Embassy Letter (EL/P3) at  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7hB3bl9Snfkb0NiMVFUd2JsVjA/view  as this is your bible needed to complete and receive your visa. The required documents are included and use the P3 as a check list. Once you have completed or gathered the required documents you'll be ready for your interview. If it is not on the Embassy letter, it probably is not needed.

Last but not least, READ the pages on the US Embassy website for your country so that you are up to speed.

http://bogota.usembassy.gov/

One last place to check for information would be the VJ Wiki found here: http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/Special:AllPages and here http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Colombia&cty=Bogota

Good luck and God's speed.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

21 hours ago, Brigitte84 said:

I can’t believe how fast this was, my file shows as “Ready”!!! :jest: This is for Ciudad Juárez, Mexico... Now I’m just wondering if I can go ahead and schedule my interview or if I need to wait for pck3 :blink:

You should think about joining your VJ sub forum for all things dealing with the US Embassy in Mexico most there will help answer your questions for the processing of your visa using their personal experience.

Link: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/96-mexico-latin-south-america/

And your P3 letter is located here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cBWgGJr4a5ay3b4OV28_dC3pgf63ZUr-/view?usp=sharing

Last but not least, READ the pages on the US Embassy website for you country so that you are up to speed.

http://ciudadjuarez.usconsulate.gov/

https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-Mx/iv

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Yes this is normal. Just about everyone gets this.  Based on the discussions I had with the case officer he informed me of the steps that Embassy will take in processing the visa after the interview:

Thank you! But I haven't had the interview yet...I'm still confused. :unsure:

14 hours ago, decfiler said:

Question: Will they require an original birth certificate of my fiance during the interview? 

Each Embassy is different. Have you looked in the P3 letter for the answer? Have you started lurking in your country's (regional) sub-forum? Sub-forum has lots of experts for your country. Asking here with ppl from all over the world cannot answer you questions because all the Embassy's require different items and with different steps. Example; some can schedule their interview once they have their case number others cannot. Just saying.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

1 minute ago, LenaT said:

Thank you! But I haven't had the interview yet...I'm still confused. :unsure:

Now you have me confused. I checked your timeline and you have stated that you have had your interview.

I think they are preparing for the interview and thusly they opened your case. Since this is Embassy specific you are asking in the wrong thread. You may want to be in your sub-forum for your country asking this type of question.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
Just now, Greenbaum said:

Now you have me confused. I checked your timeline and you have stated that you have had your interview.

I think they are preparing for the interview and thusly they opened your case. Since this is Embassy specific you are asking in the wrong thread. You may want to be in your sub-forum for your country asking this type of question.

Sorry to get you all confused. I will try to ask there then.

1 minute ago, LenaT said:

Sorry to get you all confused. I will try to ask there then.

When you complete a step is when you should add it to your timeline. I used your timeline to figure out where you were in the process because my answer depended on what I saw. It's a quick tool that I use to formulate my answer to ppl's questions. You are better off in the sub-forum now. This thread is just another step in the process and since you have gotten your case number it's time to move over to where you should be now and that is with your sub forum where other like you can discuss the next steps and what to expect. Good luck.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
14 hours ago, decfiler said:

Question: Will they require an original birth certificate of my fiance during the interview? 

Copy is enough. 

8/14/17 --- AOS sent I-485, I-765, I-131

8/16/17 --- AOS Packet received Chicago USCIS Day 0

8/21/17  --- Received email & text notification 

8/23/17  --- Received hard copy of NOA  

9/01/17  --- Biometrics letter notice for I-485 & I-765 & I-131  

9/11/17  --- Biometrics Appointment Done

10/17/17 - Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

11/30/2017 - EAD/AP Approved
12/01/2017 - Card in Production
12/05/2017 - Received Approval Notice in the Mail
12/06//2017 - Card Mailed (Priority Mail) to Me
12/07/2017 - Card Received 

1/19/18  --- Interview Date 2/21

2/21/18  ---  Approved on the Spot

• 1 hour after the interview received uscis mobile app alert
  • Status changed from "Interview is scheduled" to "New Card Is Being Produced

2/26/18  --- Received hard copy of NOA for the Green Card

2/26/18  --- USCIS Mobile Status changed to "Card was mailed to me"

2/28/18 --- Permanent Resident/Green Card received :jest:

Travelling with Combo Card Feedback 

AOS Interview - Review and Tips

Brazil Instructions After i-129F Approval    and  Emails Sent by NVC and Brazilian Embassy after the i-129F approval

B2 Visa Experience / Mother-in-law financially challenged for visa

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region - USPS INFORMED DELIVERY

NVC - (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

" Have you tried the search tool? K1 isnt an easy process and a LOT of reading is required to avoid problems (RFEs) etc, if you dont like reading, be prepared to spend WAY more time and couple more $$$ with an lawyer " 

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello,

My case has been sitting in NVC since July 5th of this month its more than 20 days and it says at NVC on the ceac website. When I called NVC they say its still in administrative process does it take that long? Is there anyone from July 5th or 6th if there case already in transit and send to embassy and ready already? Kindly advise

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline

Hello Everyone 

My Cade is in transit and I had a question about the next stage. The form I fill out is online and do I pay the fee online as well? I’m out of the country now and I was wondering if it’s best to wait until I get in front of my computer tomorrow to start this process. I’m on my phone now and the network is not good here where I am. Thanks in advance 

22 minutes ago, Texas stylist said:

Hello Everyone 

My Cade is in transit and I had a question about the next stage. The form I fill out is online and do I pay the fee online as well? I’m out of the country now and I was wondering if it’s best to wait until I get in front of my computer tomorrow to start this process. I’m on my phone now and the network is not good here where I am. Thanks in advance 

If you are referring to the DS160 then it will be hard to fill out on your phone. It's hard to fill out on a PC so I would wait to do that until you had a whole day to sit down on your PC.

As for paying "the fee", when you can pay it depends on your embassy. I suggest trying to look in your embassy subforum for the answer to that.

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Visa approved.  Just have to wait for it to arrive in the mail and this wait will finally come to an end.Visa approved.  Just have to wait for it to arrive in the mail and this wait will finally come to an end. 

RyanMaria 2018 how did yours go?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.