1,626 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
2 minutes ago, virnalisis said:

Hello everyone, I need help.. On July 16 I received my case number in the NVC but they still do not send it to the embassy or I have received mail, what should I do? What time should I expect to be sent to the embassy?

We had to wait 3 weeks until our case was sent to the embassy. So no reason to be worried yet.

39 minutes ago, Colin & Mike said:

We’ve been stuck “at NVC” since July 06. At what point do you think I should I start calling? 

We're in a similar boat - our case has been there since July 2nd, but I think that's still pretty standard. As frustrating as this is, I don't think there's any reason for us to be worried yet. Maybe this will be our week! :whistle:

10.10.2017 - Engagement

12.05.2017 - (K1 Visa) Case was Received

12.06.2017 - NOA1

06.14.2018 - NOA2 (Approved)

07.02.2018 - NVC received

07.03.2018 - NVC case number assigned

07.24.2018 - Left NVC/In Transit (22 days at NVC)

08.08.2018 - Medical

08.22.2018 - Interview (Approved! The whole process took 259 days from start to finish.)

09.08.2018 - POE

10.20.2018 - Marriage

11.14.2018 - (AOS) Case was Received

11.18.2018 - (AOS) Fingerprint Fee was Received

07.24.2019 - "Case Ready for Interview to be Scheduled" (253 days)

07.31.2019 - Green Card interview letter received in the mail (7 days later)

08.29.2019 - Green Card interview (Approved!)

09.03.2019 - New Card Being Produced!

09.07.2019 - Green Card in Hand! (9 days after our interview)

06.23.2021 - Form I-751 Removal of Conditions, Case was Received

06.26.2021 - NOA

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
37 minutes ago, Colin & Mike said:

We’ve been stuck “at NVC” since July 06. At what point do you think I should I start calling? 

I knooow! We have been stuck since July 2 and it’s driving us nuts! I mean, why would they hold our file for so long? I’m so tired of this waiting game  :( I’m wondering if I should call as well... 

Timeline
1 minute ago, wakeuplittlesuzy said:

We're in a similar boat - our case has been there since July 2nd, but I think that's still pretty standard. As frustrating as this is, I don't think there's any reason for us to be worried yet. Maybe this will be our week! :whistle:

Hopefully it will be! Lets pray and keep our fingers crossed 🤞🏼 💕

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
1 minute ago, wakeuplittlesuzy said:

Fingers crossed it is! 

3 hours ago, Mike & Tanja said:

Hey, quick question... I'm trying to fill out DS 160 and am not sure which number I have to type in "Application Receipt/Petition Number" is it the WAC# or the number we got from NVC??? The explanation is not helpful, both starts with three letters and both have 13 signs. I tend to the WAC# but I'm not 100% sure

Thanks in advance.

The note to the right of the question states that you use the number you received from USCIS. You did not receive the NVC case number from USCIS therefore you use the WAC# (as that is the number you received from USCIS).

Everyone answers this differently. I have never heard of it causing problems for anyone however they answer but if you want to answer it correctly you will use the WAC# as the note to the side clearly tells you what to use.

Timeline
10 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

The note to the right of the question states that you use the number you received from USCIS. You did not receive the NVC case number from USCIS therefore you use the WAC# (as that is the number you received from USCIS).

Everyone answers this differently. I have never heard of it causing problems for anyone however they answer but if you want to answer it correctly you will use the WAC# as the note to the side clearly tells you what to use.

Got it. Thanks.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, Colin & Mike said:

I have been stuck there since 5th aswell. Seems like there is a pause.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
2 hours ago, Brigitte84 said:

I knooow! We have been stuck since July 2 and it’s driving us nuts! I mean, why would they hold our file for so long? I’m so tired of this waiting game  :( I’m wondering if I should call as well... 

I just called it won't help. At least we are all in the same boat and they are just slow but nothing is wrong.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Jenny17655 said:

I just called it won't help. At least we are all in the same boat and they are just slow but nothing is wrong.

Thanks for letting us know! 💕

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 minute ago, Brigitte84 said:

Thanks for letting us know! 💕

Sure thing!  They just tell you that your case is there and it has not yet been sent to the embassy.  They say each case is different and it stay there until all necessary administrative processing is complete and you will receive an email when it is sent out. blah blah blah

2 minutes ago, Mike & Tanja said:

Uh sorry, I have another question and probably not the last one. DS 160 (still) do they want to know the net income?

Not too sure what you are asking...

If the DS160 asks you a question you have to answer it....

Everyone's DS160 is different because they ask you to answer questions based on how you answered the previous questions. 

Mine asked me about my employment as the beneficiary. And yes, one question was how much my monthly salary was. So yes, I had to answer it.

Is that what you are asking?

Timeline
2 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Not too sure what you are asking...

If the DS160 asks you a question you have to answer it....

Everyone's DS160 is different because they ask you to answer questions based on how you answered the previous questions. 

Mine asked me about my employment as the beneficiary. And yes, one question was how much my monthly salary was. So yes, I had to answer it.

Is that what you are asking?

Sorry if my question was not clear enough. They ask for the monthly income and I don't know if they want to know the gross or the net income.

3 minutes ago, Mike & Tanja said:

Sorry if my question was not clear enough. They ask for the monthly income and I don't know if they want to know the gross or the net income.

It actually asks for monthly salary. Your salary is your monthly income before deductions so gross income.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.