1,626 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
5 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

Thanks @Greenbaum. I was told in the subforum that they will ask for more than listed in the checklist, so that I will have to wait for their letter or email. If I don't hear from them within next week, I will call them.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 hours ago, weddas said:

What did you show them as proof that you already have your MCN? I just got ours and our status is still AT NVC, no email received yet. I am just worried that they wouldn't let me take the medical exam for the reason that it's still at nvc

Just the screenshot of the status from ceac with your MNLcase number. Just tell the staff at the registration that you are willing to undergo the medical exam even without the nvc letter yet. They will ask you to sign a waiver then.  

Medical update.

went in at 2pm for day two.  Got the shots and then was processed out by 3pm.  Received the sealed envelope and then a vaccination record and Tuberculosis test on paper; then Xrays on a CD.  Next step is the CFO and Interview next week.  

Timeline
6 hours ago, jkelsey said:

Medical update.

went in at 2pm for day two.  Got the shots and then was processed out by 3pm.  Received the sealed envelope and then a vaccination record and Tuberculosis test on paper; then Xrays on a CD.  Next step is the CFO and Interview next week.  

Great job so almost there!! My fiancee will have her her medical exam this coming monday July 23rd and 24th so how was day one and how long did it take to complete the medical exam? 

14 minutes ago, RyanMaria 2018 said:

Great job so almost there!! My fiancee will have her her medical exam this coming monday July 23rd and 24th so how was day one and how long did it take to complete the medical exam? 

She was there at 5 on the first day and left around 830.  All in all it was a very fast process.  

14 hours ago, Mike & Tanja said:

Thanks @Greenbaum. I was told in the subforum that they will ask for more than listed in the checklist, so that I will have to wait for their letter or email. If I don't hear from them within next week, I will call them.

The P3 is the checklist for Germany. This is rather new information that I am sharing with you from another applicant from about a month ago. Keep me posted if things change or better yet send me a PM with the checklist for Germany so I can share to others. Good luck.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

16 hours ago, Elorod18 said:

Also I got p3 from cuidad juarez and they misspelled my finances last name and his date of birth. How can I get this corrected and is this going to cause a problem? 

Anytime you get something that isn't an "official form" a NOA is official but the P3 letter is just a letter, there shouldn't be a concern. It's not uncommon for staff members to enter in the wrong name or wrong address as such. If during your process you come across that mistake a gain then you can offer this information during your interview to the CO. I don't think that getting a name misspelled on the P3 is going to be a problem.

If you are overly concerned then call the Embassy and explain what has happened. If you do call I would like to know the outcome.

BTW is your copy of the P3 letter the same as my copy?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cBWgGJr4a5ay3b4OV28_dC3pgf63ZUr-/view?usp=sharing

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

17 hours ago, Elorod18 said:

Not sure if this has already been asked. But I just saw on T. V. That things are changing as of September 11 2018.That as of this date if you are missing something or the official has a doubt at the interview, no longer are they issuing rfes or allowing you time to bring in more evidence. They are going to flat out deny you. This has me really freaked out. An rfe is already scary and now being denied..... Anyone else hear this or have any info? My interview date is in Juarez on September 13.

I got a hold of the memo and read over it and there is so much in there to explain but like you said, it has nothing to do with K-1's. Basically if you are applying for a benefit (visa) and you are not eligible for that benefit or you are not using the benefit for it's intended purpose then the adjudicator doesn't have to send you a RFE or a NOID. Just VOID. Done! But if an application is received with an error or missing documentation then the adjudicator is obligated to complete the entire processing up to and not including the approval, but must combine all RFE's for that case into one request. In the past they may send out a RFE letter then two weeks later send another RFE for a totally different circumstance. The memo requires them to ask for everything in one letter. So there are many good things in the memo. One just has to take the time to read for themselves and not rely on CNN or Betty Lou over in the Jamaican thread who is afraid that the sky is falling in on her K-1 visa with the intent that she is going to get denied. Believe it or not the spirit of this letter was promulgated in the Obama Administration. This administration is only trying to get the rules so that they are followed.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

20 hours ago, saeric said:

I called the hospital for medical and they actually went ahead and booked me for medical. I had to send an email for them to cancel it. basically all they need is the visa appointment letter and the DS160 confirmation page.  how did you meet till i find out I am waiting in limbo?

What I meant by "waiting in limbo" means you are just waiting. Sorry for the terminology I sometimes forget that I have an International Audience and sometimes my slang is centered on Western English. 

lim·bo1
ˈlimbō/  
noun
noun: limbo; noun: Limbo; plural noun: limbos
  1. 1.
    (in some Christian beliefs) the supposed abode of the souls of unbaptized infants, and of the just who died before Christ's coming.
  2. 2.
    an uncertain period of awaiting a decision or resolution; an intermediate state or condition.
    "the fate of the Contras is now in limbo"
    synonyms: in abeyance, unattended to, unfinished; More
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
4 hours ago, jkelsey said:

She was there at 5 on the first day and left around 830.  All in all it was a very fast process.  

That's not too bad so hope she will do great on her interview. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
On 19.07.2018 at 10:37 PM, Rackle10187 said:

My fiancé went to the place to schedule his medical today and the earliest appt is aug 28th. Ugh I’m so disappointed. They said it would be 1-2 weeks for the results. I was hoping for beginning of sept POE but now it’s looking like October. 

Moscow opens interviews for the end of September. Cheer up! End of August seems like a dream to me now..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
On 20.07.2018 at 12:00 AM, x_driven_x said:

Just updating.... we're finished with the medical exam, have the results packet in hand.

We'll be scheduling the interview next, hopefully for something in the 1st or second week in August.

Each steps gets a bit more exciting and closer to finally being together again!

Congratulations! Kyiv works perfectly, so I hope you'll be together really soon once all the work is done! :)

Timeline
On 7/19/2018 at 7:24 PM, Greenbaum said:

What does the P3 say. Have you asked the question in your sub forum? Have you studied the Embassy's website? Have you looked at the portal on the blue ribbon above? Have you tried to find a friend in May's group who is at or near their interview? These are all places to look for the answer? This is what I would do. :thumbs:

Each Embassy is different and those who are here are working through a different Embassy so they are not going to know the answer.

So let it be written!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.