1,626 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, LenaT said:

I finally managed to schedule an interview (the only available interview in Moscow) for *...wait for it...*  25th of September! Just 7+ month in USCIS (no RFE) and almost 3 month just to get an interview date... 

What is the situation in other countries? I'm curious :) 

Not that bad. :wow:Most Embassy's are working on 2-4 weeks out. I suggest you keep checking everyday for a cancelation. I'm not sure how many time you can cancel an interview appointment before you are slapped with "go to jail card" which means you will have to wait 90 days to reschedule and pay the interview fee again. Each Embassy is different. Someone said the other day that there Embassy has no limits. So check to be sure but grab at least one of the cancelations which I think you can safely do.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
5 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

The only importance to having the NVC received date is so you can fill out your VJ timeline. It is not really relevant to anything else except if you are watching the clock like a hawk. The reason many of us know our NVC received date is because we called the NVC daily/multiple times a day to find out if it had arrived there yet. The only way you could probably find out your EXACT date of arrival at the NVC would be to call and ask. They may tell you or they may not because it really has to importance in the process at all.

Ok thanks. I thought I was missing something.

20 minutes ago, AliTan said:

Ok thanks. I thought I was missing something.

Nope! You have your sanity and waited for the NVC to contact you rather than being loonie toons like us and calling over and over and over....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
51 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Use this website 

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/fees/reciprocity-by-country.html

to find the information you are seeking. If it states you can't get one because you are not physically in the country then make a screen shot of that page to bring with you to the interview. If there is no reference and you can get a PC then you MUST get a PC or face either a RFE or denial. If something is required don't try and circumvent the issue as it will not end well. Just my experience. :thumbs:    

I tried the link and says that error 404 page not found. I have screen shots of the Spanish embassy saying that it is not possible.They say they can only do police reports for Spanish nationals and that my fiance needs to go through his gocernemt(Mexico) for anything he needs. Again we have a federal and state police report for Mexico and the screen shots from the embassy. Do you think that will work? 

Edited by Elorod18

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
15 hours ago, wakeuplittlesuzy said:

Hey there! Our case is going through London as well, and I've been wondering the same. I just called the NVC 30 minutes or so ago since our case arrived on July 2nd. The man I spoke to said ours was undergoing "administrative processing." I'm not exactly sure what that means at this stage at the NVC, but my first guess was that they may be sending it electronically instead of snail mail, but honestly, I have no idea. Hopefully it'll make more sense soon, and I will report back if I find anything else out!

Hey! our case arrived on the July 12th so we're a bit behind you. Good luck and yes please let me know how yours goes! 

Timeline
3 hours ago, saeric said:

my received date is july 5th. Alot of the people who were received after mine left already. I just got off the phone with them and they said allow 3 weeks.

Yeah, mine is July 2 and it’s going to Ciudad Juárez in Mexico. I feel your frustration. I don’t even want to call because they just give answers that mean nothing. Lets just keep our fingers crossed 🤞🏼 Good luck to you! 

7 hours ago, Elorod18 said:

I tried the link and says that error 404 page not found. I have screen shots of the Spanish embassy saying that it is not possible.They say they can only do police reports for Spanish nationals and that my fiance needs to go through his gocernemt(Mexico) for anything he needs. Again we have a federal and state police report for Mexico and the screen shots from the embassy. Do you think that will work? 

That should be fine. You just need to show them that you made an attempt but local requirements dictate that one is not available to non Spain Nationals.  Your printing off the web page will be used in the event the CO at the interview does not aware of the ability to get a PC from Spain. Most CO's know but some don't so it's best to be prepared so an RFE isn't issued for this concern. Here is the link. Sorry about the broken one.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country.html

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Timeline

Thank you so much @Greenbaum. We will continue to look around but that is what we have as of this point. This is really freaking me out. We definetely don't want to get a rfe or even worse get denied.... 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Just a simple question anyone, Can my fiancee change the delivery of her visa right AFTER the interview to 2go travel at Mall of Asia instead of her home address?  She will have her CFO class on July 30th and on the DS160 application it said to send the visa to her address. I figured it would be easier to wait to get it at 2go travel while she's still in Manila and pick up her CFO sticker because she lives in the Province and would have to go back to Manila to get her CFO sticker..OR can she just pick up the CFO sticker at the airport? Will she be able to change right after the interview? Thanks!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bermuda
Timeline

ughhh something is always coming up along the way of the process... :( NOw that we have our case ready and I have been contacted by the embassy, here in Bermuda you need the appointment date before you get the police clearance for this purpose, and so the embassy informed me that the police clearance office is closed until further notice! that means, even though i have complete paperwork, we would have to wait until i can get the police clearance.

My question is:

who knows until when they will resume operation , our noa2 expires in october. worst comes to worst what if by october they are still not open? do we need our noa2 to be xtended?

Day one of the medical at SLEC done.  Only the shots and blood results left.  Then we have the interview on the 27th.  Finally coming to an end.  Good luck to everyone else and best wishes.

1 hour ago, decfiler said:

ughhh something is always coming up along the way of the process... :( NOw that we have our case ready and I have been contacted by the embassy, here in Bermuda you need the appointment date before you get the police clearance for this purpose, and so the embassy informed me that the police clearance office is closed until further notice! that means, even though i have complete paperwork, we would have to wait until i can get the police clearance.

My question is:

who knows until when they will resume operation , our noa2 expires in october. worst comes to worst what if by october they are still not open? do we need our noa2 to be xtended?

NOA2 is good for 1 year. The Embassy will extend the NOA2 for 4 months at a time. Why don't you try the police office and inquire as to what is really going on. I wouldn't take anyone's word right now and for every roadblock I'd find a way around it. :thumbs:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
34 minutes ago, jkelsey said:

Day one of the medical at SLEC done.  Only the shots and blood results left.  Then we have the interview on the 27th.  Finally coming to an end.  Good luck to everyone else and best wishes.

philippines seems like the fastest country. Happy for you guys!

1 hour ago, RyanMaria 2018 said:

Just a simple question anyone, Can my fiancee change the delivery of her visa right AFTER the interview to 2go travel at Mall of Asia instead of her home address?  She will have her CFO class on July 30th and on the DS160 application it said to send the visa to her address. I figured it would be easier to wait to get it at 2go travel while she's still in Manila and pick up her CFO sticker because she lives in the Province and would have to go back to Manila to get her CFO sticker..OR can she just pick up the CFO sticker at the airport? Will she be able to change right after the interview? Thanks!!

Yes she can but she has only 24 hours from the interview time and not from beer thirty. :jest: Seriously, she has 24 hours. She can do it online. Yes she can pick up the CFO sticker at the airport.

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ph-iv-documentdelivery.asp for changing the pickup location.

You can get your CFO sticker at any terminal at Manila NAIA. They request that you call ahead 2-3 days to schedule an appointment to meet and receive the CFO completion sticker.

CFO NAIA: 632-879-5685 or 02-879-5685

They are open from 5am till 12 midnight

CFO NAIA desk is at terminal 1 beside TIEZA travel tax desk which is between the entrance doors with the x-ray / conveyor machines..

CFO counter is next to the travel tax counter in terminal 2, up front of the departure area

CFO sticker at Terminal 3 on the 3rd Floor at the CFO office.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
18 hours ago, Brigitte84 said:

Yeah, mine is July 2 and it’s going to Ciudad Juárez in Mexico. I feel your frustration. I don’t even want to call because they just give answers that mean nothing. Lets just keep our fingers crossed 🤞🏼 Good luck to you! 

I agree! lol they just give meaningless generic answers. I cant stop refreshing the NVC tracking page to see if something changes. I am thankful that at least I am approved though!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.