1,626 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
1 hour ago, decfiler said:

Hello everyone, our case is now "ready" we are just waiting for the embassy to contact us for the interview. I have few questions about the affidavit of support.

1. what is A number for the beneficiary part?

2. the dependent's information section, should we write me (the beneficiary) or is it talking about other dependents aside from me?

thank you in advance

You can find the A number on the NOA2 (right side on the top of the page, right above your (beneficiarys) name. I can't answer your second question, just guessing that all dependents including you living in the househould have to be considered.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
15 minutes ago, saeric said:

Nvc is keeping my file too long :(

I share your feeling! 😩 Hopefully they will mail them soon! 🙏🏼 What’s your received date? 

3 hours ago, decfiler said:

Hello everyone, our case is now "ready" we are just waiting for the embassy to contact us for the interview. I have few questions about the affidavit of support.

1. what is A number for the beneficiary part? Someone else offered the correct solution to this question. 

2. the dependent's information section, should we write me (the beneficiary) or is it talking about other dependents aside from me? No, your info goes in the beneficiary's info only. Dependents are counted as others that the sponsor or co-sponsor is financially responsible for. Not you as that's a given.

thank you in advance

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 7/13/2018 at 5:07 AM, Greenbaum said:

You may want to ask that question in the sub-forum for your area found here http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/91-asia-south/.

@Greenbaum Hey good buddy just something I saw this article at cnn and so just want your feedback on this. Looks like the Trump administration is changing visa policy to essentially get the petition right or denied WITHOUT an RFE so then again it's cnn or as I call the Communist News Network so can't trust anything that comes out out this network. It's possible this was always the case but he's just enforcing the immigration laws now. Take care !!!!! https://us.cnn.com/2018/07/16/politics/visa-policy-changes/index.html

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
14 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

Also when should we pay the visa fee? Pay the visa fee now. Be sure to make a 2 copy's of the confirmation page which you will bring to the medical.

Can I schedule and do my medical exam now? Go to SLEC's website and carefully read what is required.

Should I wait till CEAC says my case is ready? There is no need to wait for CEAC case ready indication to get any of this completed.

When's the best time to schedule my interview? Schedule your interview for about 30 days out this will give you time to gather your documents, complete the medical and complete CFO.

Have you lived outside the Philippines for more than 6 months duration from the age of 16?

This is diff. Good information. I told my fiancé to pay for the visa fee this week even though our case still says “At NVC”. I’ll schedule it 30 days out from Friday when I received my case number. The medical exam however in his country can’t be more than 2 weeks old from what I’m being told. Over all I’ll get everything else done and out of the way. 

NEW Case Status website: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

OLD  Case Status website: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

USCIS - 800-375-5283.  NVC - (603)-334-0700

Contact the National Customer Service Center (NCSC) at 1-800-375-5283.

What to do after NOA2 Approval? How to contact NVC? Click here for info - https://goo.gl/KggThF

USPS INFORMED DELIVERY - https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

11 minutes ago, IssaCaptureFL said:

This is diff. Good information. I told my fiancé to pay for the visa fee this week even though our case still says “At NVC”. I’ll schedule it 30 days out from Friday when I received my case number. The medical exam however in his country can’t be more than 2 weeks old from what I’m being told. Over all I’ll get everything else done and out of the way. 

Greenbaum's info in the post you quoted is for the Philippines, my dear and may not apply to you. Check your country's subforum for your embassy specific procedure on what to do after NVC.

Edited by K1visaHopeful

37 minutes ago, IssaCaptureFL said:

The instructions that is being shared in the Haiti forum is the letter that you should follow. The group of folks are working together to get through this process and you should be with them. I did notice that you were but you are following the information for the Philippines in this recent post. @K1visaHopeful points this out and he is correct. I was just at the thread and there is lots of good information available and can help you speed up the process if you follow along with the others. Good luck.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I'm sure this has been asked, but I can't find the answer.  Where are you folks finding the NVC received date?  I got an email from the NVC today stating that they received my file and it was being sent to the embassy.  I then checked the ceac site and it said "in transit to the consular section".  So is today my NVC received or left date?

Edited by AliTan

1 hour ago, RyanMaria 2018 said:

@Greenbaum Hey good buddy just something I saw this article at cnn and so just want your feedback on this. Looks like the Trump administration is changing visa policy to essentially get the petition right or denied WITHOUT an RFE so then again it's cnn or as I call the Communist News Network so can't trust anything that comes out out this network. It's possible this was always the case but he's just enforcing the immigration laws now. Take care !!!!! https://us.cnn.com/2018/07/16/politics/visa-policy-changes/index.html

I, like you have trouble with news agency of late. You can't trust what they say so having the link you provided and then the website it directed me to had a link to the actually USCIS memo. After reading it, it is a far cry from what many on the VJ threads I am participating in, including this one, are interpreting it in ways that I don't recognize. This policy references a similar policy that the Obama Administration had. This memo is highlighting what is already on the "books" so that the adjudicators will get back on board with the spirit of the memo's. There is nothing in there that remotely refers to K-1 visas and if anyone tells you differently well....

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

8 hours ago, Elorod18 said:

I have a question my fiance is from Mexico but lived in Spain for a couple of years. We have our interview on September 13. We are compiling everything for the interview. As far as police records he got the one for the state he lives in and the federal one for México. Now we are trying to see how to get one from Spain but it is almost imposible. He has gone to the Spanish consulate but they only do police records for Spanish nationals. He is Mexican. My question does he really need the police certificate from Spain? I am afraid that we won't be able to get it. Anyone has had any experience with this? 

Use this website 

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/fees/reciprocity-by-country.html

to find the information you are seeking. If it states you can't get one because you are not physically in the country then make a screen shot of that page to bring with you to the interview. If there is no reference and you can get a PC then you MUST get a PC or face either a RFE or denial. If something is required don't try and circumvent the issue as it will not end well. Just my experience. :thumbs:    

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

11 hours ago, wakeuplittlesuzy said:

Hey there! Our case is going through London as well, and I've been wondering the same. I just called the NVC 30 minutes or so ago since our case arrived on July 2nd. The man I spoke to said ours was undergoing "administrative processing." I'm not exactly sure what that means at this stage at the NVC, but my first guess was that they may be sending it electronically instead of snail mail, but honestly, I have no idea. Hopefully it'll make more sense soon, and I will report back if I find anything else out!

administrative processing = still working on your case.  Nothing at this time to worry about.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
28 minutes ago, AliTan said:

I'm sure this has been asked, but I can't find the answer.  Where are you folks finding the NVC received date?  I got an email from the NVC today stating that they received my file and it was being sent to the embassy.  I then checked the ceac site and it said "in transit to the consular section".  So is today my NVC received or left date?

it is the left date.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
4 hours ago, Brigitte84 said:

I share your feeling! 😩 Hopefully they will mail them soon! 🙏🏼 What’s your received date? 

my received date is july 5th. Alot of the people who were received after mine left already. I just got off the phone with them and they said allow 3 weeks.

19 minutes ago, AliTan said:

The only importance to having the NVC received date is so you can fill out your VJ timeline. It is not really relevant to anything else except if you are watching the clock like a hawk. The reason many of us know our NVC received date is because we called the NVC daily/multiple times a day to find out if it had arrived there yet. The only way you could probably find out your EXACT date of arrival at the NVC would be to call and ask. They may tell you or they may not because it really has no importance in the process at all.

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.