1,626 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, andjen0519 said:

How many days is the slec medical exam valid?

Medical exams are valid for 6 months for the visa and 1 year for AOS. The visa validity is based on the medical date and not the interview date. So getting your medical close to your interview is always the best recommendation.

Question specific to the Philippines would best served in the sub-forum for the Philippines. I think I have given you the link before.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

7 hours ago, Richious said:

Hello, my fiance and I are going through the k1 visa process in Turkey. We recieved a letter from NVC last Friday that our case was ready but the turkish embassy has not contacted us yet. Is it normal for this to take a longer time? Is there anything we can be doing to prepare other than gathering documents? I am currently in Istanbul so I would rather try to schedule my interview and medical at the same time to avoid flying back and forth to Ankara. 
Thanks in advance for the help.

You may want to ask that question in the sub-forum for your area found here http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/91-asia-south/.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

5 hours ago, Blossomka said:

Hi guys!

Our NOA2 June 27th, so i called NVC yesterday and couldnt go through the verification, because they have my date of birth wrong.

So i submitted inquiry and sent them my passport.

Do u know how long will it take them for an update?

The lady over the phone couldnt answer that question.

Could take another 30 days. But, no one can say for sure. Were those her (lady on the phone) instructions to send your passport? You should have taken a scan of the passport and submitted it per her instructions. As of now that passport in going to get lost possibly.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

4 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Could take another 30 days. But, no one can say for sure. Were those her (lady on the phone) instructions to send your passport? You should have taken a scan of the passport and submitted it per her instructions. As of now that passport in going to get lost possibly.

thank fou your reply. Yes, it was her instructions.

I have submitted my inquiry here

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html?wcmmode=disabled

and I attached my passport.

Are they going to reply via email to me?

or should i keep calling?

Edited by Blossomka
adding info

9 minutes ago, Blossomka said:

thank fou your reply. Yes, it was her instructions.

I have submitted my inquiry here

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html?wcmmode=disabled

and I attached my passport.

Are they going to reply via email to me?

or should i keep calling?

Probably not or if they do it will be sometime after they make the change. Call once at the end of next week if nothing then call M,W, F of the next week. I'd like to hear how this is resolved so if you can report back it would educate me on what you had experienced.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Just now, Greenbaum said:

Probably not or if they do it will be sometime after they make the change. Call once at the end of next week if nothing then call M,W, F of the next week. I'd like to hear how this is resolved so if you can report back it would educate me on what you had experienced.

I will report back for sure!

thanks a lot! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 hours ago, Blossomka said:

Hi guys!

Our NOA2 June 27th, so i called NVC yesterday and couldnt go through the verification, because they have my date of birth wrong.

So i submitted inquiry and sent them my passport.

Do u know how long will it take them for an update?

The lady over the phone couldnt answer that question.

Hey this happened to me recently, they had my dob wrong. We followed their instruction and sent my passport (we also include my birth cert). Ours got fixed in couple of days here’s our timeline to give you an idea;

2 July - case received

3 July - found out about wrong dob, followed their instruction and sent passport bio page

4 July - holiday so we didn’t call to follow up

5 July - phone rep can’t give confirmation if it’s received or what, but advised us to watch for a letter within 7 working days 

6 July - got our case no by phone

10 July - got the email with case number and it said case is forwarded to the embassy.

14 minutes ago, Cris&Rich said:

Hey this happened to me recently, they had my dob wrong. We followed their instruction and sent my passport (we also include my birth cert). Ours got fixed in couple of days here’s our timeline to give you an idea;

2 July - case received

3 July - found out about wrong dob, followed their instruction and sent passport bio page

4 July - holiday so we didn’t call to follow up

5 July - phone rep can’t give confirmation if it’s received or what, but advised us to watch for a letter within 7 working days 

6 July - got our case no by phone

10 July - got the email with case number and it said case is forwarded to the embassy.

ok, thanks God. 

the whole idea of more waiting is killing me :D

I hope passport is enough, i dont think they would understand mu birth cert cos it is mox of russian and armenian :wacko:

Timeline
12 hours ago, JTC11117 said:

My interview is on the 27th too! Maybe I'll see your fiancee there. Which part of the Philippines is she from? :)

Negros Oriental in Dumaguete near Dauin which is a dive resort area. So almost there right? God bless you both!!

Timeline
12 minutes ago, RyanMaria 2018 said:

Negros Oriental in Dumaguete near Dauin which is a dive resort area. So almost there right? God bless you both!!

That's awesome! My mom is from Dumaguete. I have gone diving in Dauin and Apo Island. Great spots! :D Thank you, praying our respective interviews go well

Edited by JTC11117

Timeline
11 minutes ago, JTC11117 said:

That's awesome! My mom is from Dumaguete. I have gone diving in Dauin and Apo Island. Great spots! :D Thank you, praying our respective interviews go well

What time is your interview? My fiancee's interview is at 8:40 am. She will take her medical exam July 23rd and 24th. How long have you both been together? We met online 5 years ago but became a couple 3 years.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

We have been waiting all week to hear from the embassy in Turkey. I was checking the case status and it would just show an error. I finally emailed them to check and it turns out they sent the email on Monday, but typed my email address in wrong. So, just a tip for everyone, if you don't already bug the embassy :) don't be afraid to. We would have been waiting forever if I hadn't checked. 

Also, Does anyone know how long it takes to schedule an appointment? It is showing there are no available appointments and I was told I just have to keep checking. Has anyone going through Turkey found a pattern to scheduling? Any advice? 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Blossomka said:

ok, thanks God. 

the whole idea of more waiting is killing me :D

I hope passport is enough, i dont think they would understand mu birth cert cos it is mox of russian and armenian :wacko:

I know how you feel, passport should work that’s what they asked to be sent right? Goodluck and hope it gets fixed asap. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.