1,626 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, K1visaHopeful said:

In my home country...

Before my K1 visa was approved ...

That's where I got my DS3025 that I will submit with my AOS to prove I had all my vaccines done with in the year when I apply for AOS....

Is that not what the OP is talking about? Pretty sure they are.

Well he is confused because he believes that he needs a I-693 along with the DS-3025 and the only place he thinks he can get it done is with a Panel Physician.  When filing out the I-495, you attach the DS-3025 and file it with the I-495. I have always known that the DS-3025 is one of the papers given to you (if not then you need to ask for it from the IO) at your POE.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

7 hours ago, A_R said:

Thanks but some people here said your Panel Physician will give it at the time of interview?

I think he understands he receives it from his panel physician in his home country?

6 hours ago, A_R said:

Okay, what you wrote confused me a lot but we both are right :idea::joy:

What happens in India is the panel Physician gives it you at the time of Medical exam which is in a sealed envelope and that you give to Consular Officer at Interview which again comes back to you in the form of  a sealed envelope with your visa n passport which you give again to the CBP /Immigration Officer when you enter US and then he gives it to you.

Thus, we both stand corrected as I had asked this question in India sub-forum also.

Now you can update your information if you already didn't know it :jest::jest:

P.S. There' s no way I will have paid that $650 to a CS in US. I am not doing all the reading and educating myself for doing such mistakes :rolleyes:

Pretty sure they know they don't have to see a civil surgeon (and of course definately not a panel physician in the US)?

4 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Well he is confused because he believes that he needs a I-693 along with the DS-3025 and the only place he thinks he can get it done is with a Panel Physician.  When filing out the I-495, you attach the DS-3025 and file it with the I-495. I have always known that the DS-3025 is one of the papers given to you (if not then you need to ask for it from the IO) at your POE.

7 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

When you get to immigration and they return it to you then I gave you the correct information. If on the other hand, you go to a Panel Physician (referred to as Civil Surgeon for this process) and they hand the document then that information you received from someone else is correct. But, let say if your DS-3025 is complete and not requiring you to visit a CS to have your I-693 completed (approx. cost $650 which includes redoing the medical which is not needed) then who is right and who will hand you the document?

I think you lost him when you assumed he thought he had to go to a civil surgeon and when I said panel physician you assumed I just mistakenly said that instead of a civil surgeon.

When you go to complete your I-495 you will include the DS-3025 evidence that all your vaccinations are complete. So you attach it to the paperwork for filing and your good to go. But if you think you need to go and spend the money, they are going to collect $650 from you to do the same thing that sits in your hands, of course that depends on if you have the DS-3025 from immigration or the Doctor has it. If you get your DS-3025 at immigration then I saved you $650 dollars. Tell you what. If I am wrong you can keep the money to pay the CS with, but if I am right I'll give you my mailing address for the $650 check for my fee and services. :jest:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
12 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

NP. I'll keep a little more low key. But you did demonstrate that you worked through your issue and I was just complementing you. That's all. :D

Thank you !!!

15 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

My comment still stands....

I received a copy of my DS3025 and a copy of the XRay CD from my Panel Physician at my foreign medical in my home country. I did not have to then worry about the CO at my POE opening my sealed envelope and handing me copies of anything (which btw, he did NOT offer to give me anything from my sealed yellow packet).

Many panel physicians in many countries do this now (give the patient copies of the DS3025 and XRay CD for their own records) with the understanding that the patient will need a copy in the future. 

This way is extremely common. 

I agree with you !!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
12 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

In my home country...

Before my K1 visa was approved ...

Like every other K1... 

That's where I got my DS3025 that I will submit with my AOS to prove I had all my vaccines done with in the year when I apply for AOS....

Is that not what the OP is talking about when they asked where the DS3025 came from? Pretty sure they are.

I didnt say I saw ANOTHER panel physician. I and the original poster was referring to where to look for their DS3025 or when they should have received it as (I assume) they either didnt know what it was or didnt get one from their original panel physician or didnt collect it at their POE..  

@A_R am I right in what you are asking?

Yes @K1visaHopeful  you are absolutely right bang on. I meant to ask exactly what you answered. since I have not done my medical yet in India I didn't know that you get it. And I believe it is much better to be informed .

Just wanted to share my case is in transit now with appointment booked for Dec 21 for now (may change it later if an earlier one becomes available)

Thanks to both you and @Greenbaum  for all your help always 😊☺️

FYI I'm a girl 😉😛

23 minutes ago, A_R said:

Yes @K1visaHopeful  you are absolutely right bang on. I meant to ask exactly what you answered. since I have not done my medical yet in India I didn't know that you get it. And I believe it is much better to be informed .

Just wanted to share my case is in transit now with appointment booked for Dec 21 for now (may change it later if an earlier one becomes available)

Thanks to both you and @Greenbaum  for all your help always 😊☺️

FYI I'm a girl 😉😛

Hahaha! Dont worry. That's going around...I'm a girl too, lol! 

(And you're welcome!)

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline
On 10/8/2018 at 3:25 PM, Greenbaum said:

You should post your question in the sub-forum for your country/region found here https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/95-europe-amp-eurasia-except-the-uk-and-russia/

There is a far more "German" applicants located there that can answer your questions.

Hi i posted in my country specific group but haven’t heard a response. Just wondering if you knew how long the Frankfurt embassey took to issue the visa from AP to approved once they have the necessary paperwork? 

3 minutes ago, Rackle10187 said:

Hi i posted in my country specific group but haven’t heard a response. Just wondering if you knew how long the Frankfurt embassey took to issue the visa from AP to approved once they have the necessary paperwork? 

I am not well versed on your Embassy. Most process within a week to two weeks. Any longer then that you may want to call the Embassy. Have you checked the reviews from your Embassy. Use this link and choose Germany and you should have your answer. http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

We are about to file for our adjustment of status and have hit a road block. When gathering our documents, we found that we do not have a copy of his Turkish police report in English. We tried using the document finder, but Turkey isn't listed. Has anyone ever run into this problem or had to write a letter explaining why they could not provide a document? 

4 minutes ago, Irehc said:

We are about to file for our adjustment of status and have hit a road block. When gathering our documents, we found that we do not have a copy of his Turkish police report in English. We tried using the document finder, but Turkey isn't listed. Has anyone ever run into this problem or had to write a letter explaining why they could not provide a document? 

Your post isnt clear on why you would have to submit "his" police report for AOS but if it's a document you must submit for your situation, then you must submit it. You will just need to get it translated into English.

https://www.visajourney.com/content/translations/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
31 minutes ago, Rackle10187 said:

Wondering if anyone knows how long it takes for the embassey to issue the visa after all requirements are met with the administrative processing. They have had my fiancé’s passport for a month now and no change. 

Actually 7 - 14 days. You better call and ask

3 hours ago, Rackle10187 said:

Wondering if anyone knows how long it takes for the embassey to issue the visa after all requirements are met with the administrative processing. They have had my fiancé’s passport for a month now and no change. 

It's not clear if you received a 221g pr not. If so it can take days, weeks or months to review the documents they have requested before coming to a conclusion on your case. 

You can make an enquiry at your embassy though.

Timeline
1 hour ago, K1visaHopeful said:

It's not clear if you received a 221g pr not. If so it can take days, weeks or months to review the documents they have requested before coming to a conclusion on your case. 

You can make an enquiry at your embassy though.

It is a 221g. They asked for the documents and his passport, so they received them on October 29, then a couple weeks later they asked for a letter for extension of my petition! we thought that if we were interview by our expiration date it was ok but apparently not! So i had to send a letter in requesting that, which was received November 19th. I’m hoping with the holidays is why it’s taking so long. So they technically have had everything they need for about a week! 

5 hours ago, Mike & Tanja said:

Actually 7 - 14 days. You better call and ask

Each embassy is different as well as each case. Some will take longer then others. The embassy is not going to tell him anything more the to sit and wait X amount of time.

5 hours ago, Rackle10187 said:

Read my statement above.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.