1,626 posts in this topic

36 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Why @Greenbaum after all this time, I never knew you didnt realize I was a Mrs. Heehee! I may wear the pants but nope, all girl, lol. 

I think your picture through me off. 😉😁

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

K1visaHopeful is SPOT ON!! He is giving you the "boots on the ground" response.

I can only expand a little.  If she did the vaccinations in her home country, and the you have a copy of the DS-3025 and it is marked complete on the lower left hand corner then there is no need for using a CS. They will charge you an arm and a leg. They treat you as though you are stupid.

Hi @Greenbaum When do you get the DS-3025 form?

4 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

I think your picture through me off. 😉😁

Haha! You haven't heard of the November 2017  I129F filer's "Mr. Bean"? 

I referred to our rogue adjudicator who started approving files in mid November 2017 rather than the beginning of the month as "Mr. Bean" (aka Doofus who had no clue) and our month's thread ran with it. When I got approved within two weeks of him making the same mistake of "starting with the wrong pile", I had to give him some credit hence the Superman/Bean photo, lol. 

3 hours ago, A_R said:

Your panel physician in your home country will give you a copy of your DS3025 and the XRay CD for your personal records at the medical.

Timeline
Just now, K1visaHopeful said:

Your panel physician in your home country will give you a copy of your DS3025 and the XRay CD for your personal records at the medical.

Okay thanks so much.😊

7 hours ago, A_R said:

The immigration officer at your POE will hand it to you from your envelope. You may also see it through the plastic bag as some staple it to the outside of the envelope as this is normally the first piece of paperwork they will hand to you at your POE.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
56 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

The immigration officer at your POE will hand it to you from your envelope. You may also see it through the plastic bag as some staple it to the outside of the envelope as this is normally the first piece of paperwork they will hand to you at your POE.

Thanks but some people here said your Panel Physician will give it at the time of interview?

5 minutes ago, A_R said:

Thanks but some people here said your Panel Physician will give it at the time of interview?

When you get to immigration and they return it to you then I gave you the correct information. If on the other hand, you go to a Panel Physician (referred to as Civil Surgeon for this process) and they hand the document then that information you received from someone else is correct. But, let say if your DS-3025 is complete and not requiring you to visit a CS to have your I-693 completed (approx. cost $650 which includes redoing the medical which is not needed) then who is right and who will hand you the document?

When you go to complete your I-495 you will include the DS-3025 evidence that all your vaccinations are complete. So you attach it to the paperwork for filing and your good to go. But if you think you need to go and spend the money, they are going to collect $650 from you to do the same thing that sits in your hands, of course that depends on if you have the DS-3025 from immigration or the Doctor has it. If you get your DS-3025 at immigration then I saved you $650 dollars. Tell you what. If I am wrong you can keep the money to pay the CS with, but if I am right I'll give you my mailing address for the $650 check for my fee and services. :jest:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

When you get to immigration and they return it to you then I gave you the correct information. If on the other hand, you go to a Panel Physician (referred to as Civil Surgeon for this process) and they hand the document then that information you received from someone else is correct. But, let say if your DS-3025 is complete and not requiring you to visit a CS to have your I-693 completed (approx. cost $650 which includes redoing the medical which is not needed) then who is right and who will hand you the document?

When you go to complete your I-495 you will include the DS-3025 evidence that all your vaccinations are complete. So you attach it to the paperwork for filing and your good to go. But if you think you need to go and spend the money, they are going to collect $650 from you to do the same thing that sits in your hands, of course that depends on if you have the DS-3025 from immigration or the Doctor has it. If you get your DS-3025 at immigration then I saved you $650 dollars. Tell you what. If I am wrong you can keep the money to pay the CS with, but if I am right I'll give you my mailing address for the $650 check for my fee and services. :jest:

Okay, what you wrote confused me a lot but we both are right :idea::joy:

What happens in India is the panel Physician gives it you at the time of Medical exam which is in a sealed envelope and that you give to Consular Officer at Interview which again comes back to you in the form of  a sealed envelope with your visa n passport which you give again to the CBP /Immigration Officer when you enter US and then he gives it to you.

Thus, we both stand corrected as I had asked this question in India sub-forum also.

Now you can update your information if you already didn't know it :jest::jest:

P.S. There' s no way I will have paid that $650 to a CS in US. I am not doing all the reading and educating myself for doing such mistakes :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, A_R said:

Okay, what you wrote confused me a lot but we both are right :idea::joy:

What happens in India is the panel Physician gives it you at the time of Medical exam which is in a sealed envelope and that you give to Consular Officer at Interview which again comes back to you in the form of  a sealed envelope with your visa n passport which you give again to the CBP /Immigration Officer when you enter US and then he gives it to you.

Thus, we both stand corrected as I had asked this question in India sub-forum also.

Now you can update your information if you already didn't know it :jest::jest:

P.S. There' s no way I will have paid that $650 to a CS in US. I am not doing all the reading and educating myself for doing such mistakes :rolleyes:

Your wise beyond your years. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

My comment still stands....

I received a copy of my DS3025 and a copy of the XRay CD from my Panel Physician at my foreign medical in my home country. I did not have to then worry about the CO at my POE opening my sealed envelope and handing me copies of anything (which btw, he did NOT offer to give me anything from my sealed yellow packet).

Many panel physicians in many countries do this now (give the patient copies of the DS3025 and XRay CD for their own records) with the understanding that the patient will need a copy in the future. 

This way is extremely common. 

Edited by K1visaHopeful

3 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

My comment still stands....

I received a copy of my DS3025 and a copy of the XRay CD from my Panel Physician at my foreign medical in my home country. I did not have to then worry about the CO at my POE opening my sealed envelope and handing me copies of anything (which btw, he did NOT offer to give me anything from my sealed yellow packet).

Many panel physicians in many countries do this now (give the patient copies of the DS3025 and XRay CD for their own records) with the understanding that the patient will need a copy in the future. 

This way is extremely common. 

Why do you have to see a Panel Physician? The AOS only requires a completed vaccination record evidence by the DS-3025. Sure, if you din't have a complete set of vaccinations done in your home country before leaving for the US then you would have to visit the Panel Physician (CS) and it would be up to you to shop around if you have a number in your city. You will be quoted lots of different prices, so be warned.

Near the bottom of the DS-3025 there are two boxes one is if all US vaccination required are met and the other is vaccinations are still required. That is how you will know if you need to see a civil surgeon or not.  If vaccinations are still required then you need to make an appointment with a CS. Shop around the prices are all over the board.

We did not go to a CS but submitted the DS-3025 along with these instructions: (Green Card in hand with no RFE!)

If you already had a medical exam overseas or If you were admitted as a:

a. K-1 fiancé(e) or a K-2 child of a K-1 fiancé(e); or as a

b. K-3 spouse of a U.S. citizen or a K-4 child of a K-3 spouse of a U.S. citizen; and

c. You received a medical examination prior to admission, then:

You are not required to have another medical examination as long as your Form I-485 is filed within one year of your overseas medical examination, and the medical examination did not reveal a Class A medical condition, or if you did have a Class A medical condition, you received a waiver of inadmissibility and have complied with the terms and conditions on the waiver.

Even if a new medical examination is not required, you must still show proof that you complied with the vaccination requirements. If the vaccination record (DS-3025) was not properly completed and included as part of the original overseas medical examination report, you will have to have the vaccination report completed by a designated civil surgeon. In this case, you are required to submit the vaccination record and page 1 of Form I-693.

You do not need the medical exam tests repeated if your medical was done within a year of filing for AOS (SLEC Philippines meets these qualification), that is all you need. No full, part of an exam is necessary once you arrive in the USA nor any tests. Your vaccinations need to be complete.  Attach the following pages to your I-495 along with your DS-3025.

You can use the I-693 instructions, Page 5 #3 > http://tinyurl.com/qxjbg3b

The I-485 instructions, Page 4 #7 C. >  http://tinyurl.com/p5ztb7n

And this Q&A from a USCIS civil surgeon seminar, Page 15, Q&A #57 > http://tinyurl.com/k6rt66o

www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-693instr.pdf

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

2 hours ago, A_R said:

@Greenbaum  I really do not know whether you are being sarcastic or being serious 😂😂

🤣🤣

:rofl::rofl:

NP. I'll keep a little more low key. But you did demonstrate that you worked through your issue and I was just complementing you. That's all. :D

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

10 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Why do you have to see a Panel Physician? The AOS only requires a completed vaccination record evidence by the DS-3025. Sure, if you din't have a complete set of vaccinations done in your home country before leaving for the US then you would have to visit the Panel Physician (CS) and it would be up to you to shop around if you have a number in your city. You will be quoted lots of different prices, so be warned.

Near the bottom of the DS-3025 there are two boxes one is if all US vaccination required are met and the other is vaccinations are still required. That is how you will know if you need to see a civil surgeon or not.  If vaccinations are still required then you need to make an appointment with a CS. Shop around the prices are all over the board.

We did not go to a CS but submitted the DS-3025 along with these instructions: (Green Card in hand with no RFE!)

If you already had a medical exam overseas or If you were admitted as a:

a. K-1 fiancé(e) or a K-2 child of a K-1 fiancé(e); or as a

b. K-3 spouse of a U.S. citizen or a K-4 child of a K-3 spouse of a U.S. citizen; and

c. You received a medical examination prior to admission, then:

You are not required to have another medical examination as long as your Form I-485 is filed within one year of your overseas medical examination, and the medical examination did not reveal a Class A medical condition, or if you did have a Class A medical condition, you received a waiver of inadmissibility and have complied with the terms and conditions on the waiver.

Even if a new medical examination is not required, you must still show proof that you complied with the vaccination requirements. If the vaccination record (DS-3025) was not properly completed and included as part of the original overseas medical examination report, you will have to have the vaccination report completed by a designated civil surgeon. In this case, you are required to submit the vaccination record and page 1 of Form I-693.

You do not need the medical exam tests repeated if your medical was done within a year of filing for AOS (SLEC Philippines meets these qualification), that is all you need. No full, part of an exam is necessary once you arrive in the USA nor any tests. Your vaccinations need to be complete.  Attach the following pages to your I-495 along with your DS-3025.

You can use the I-693 instructions, Page 5 #3 > http://tinyurl.com/qxjbg3b

The I-485 instructions, Page 4 #7 C. >  http://tinyurl.com/p5ztb7n

And this Q&A from a USCIS civil surgeon seminar, Page 15, Q&A #57 > http://tinyurl.com/k6rt66o

www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-693instr.pdf

In my home country...

Before my K1 visa was approved ...

Like every other K1... 

That's where I got my DS3025 that I will submit with my AOS to prove I had all my vaccines done with in the year when I apply for AOS....

Is that not what the OP is talking about when they asked where the DS3025 came from? Pretty sure they are.

I didnt say I saw ANOTHER panel physician. I and the original poster was referring to where to look for their DS3025 or when they should have received it as (I assume) they either didnt know what it was or didnt get one from their original panel physician or didnt collect it at their POE..  

@A_R am I right in what you are asking?

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.