1,626 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, saeric said:

has anyone ever noticed their case number changing after being processed by their local consulate. My case number now has 01 attached to the end. Wondering what that means.

It is a number that is how many people are tied to the case.  Mine had an 01 and 02 due to the fact i had a k2 visa with my k1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
18 minutes ago, jkelsey said:

It is a number that is how many people are tied to the case.  Mine had an 01 and 02 due to the fact i had a k2 visa with my k1

lol I dont understand you but hopefully its nothing to worry about

Just now, saeric said:

lol I dont understand you but hopefully its nothing to worry about

It is nothing to worry about.  Im trying to say that the 01 number at the end means that there is only one person attached to your case number

Timeline
17 minutes ago, jkelsey said:

It is nothing to worry about.  Im trying to say that the 01 number at the end means that there is only one person attached to your case number

oh I see. didnt no multiple people could have same case number. thank you

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

@ K1visaHopeful   Sure!!, this is the experience

http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-dos-cis-reviews.php?entry=23554

Edited by NicholasS

31 minutes ago, saeric said:

oh I see. didnt no multiple people could have same case number. thank you

Yes multiple ppl in your family under the same petition would have the same NVC case number. 

Ie You plus any children you had would be:

XXX1234567890 01 (you)

XXX1234567890 02 (child #1)

XXX1234567890 03 (child #2)

You would all have the same base NVC# because your petitioner would have filed for you jointly on the same K1 petition but the 01, 02, 03 would designate each individual person in your foreign family.

Timeline
18 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Yes multiple ppl in your family under the same petition would have the same NVC case number. 

Ie You plus any children you had would be:

XXX1234567890 01 (you)

XXX1234567890 02 (child #1)

XXX1234567890 03 (child #2)

You would all have the same base NVC# because your petitioner would have filed for you jointly on the same K1 petition but the 01, 02, 03 would designate each individual person in your foreign family.

I understand now. Thank you. medical on tuesday Whew!

32 minutes ago, NicholasS said:

It looks like there was some kind of miscommunication as I find the review to be a bit exaggerated. Their petition is only in administrative review as well. I'm sure they would find out when they received the hard copy of the 221g sent to them. But I highly doubt the CO would not take the VA and SS supplementary documents. 

My guess is they filled out the I134 income amount to not include the VA and SS benefits and just expected to explain after with the documents rather than including it in the income total in the first place. I highly doubt the scenario as explained in the review.

2 hours ago, JP5380 said:

Hi everyone, we received our NOA2 in June.  The NVC notified me this week our petition is on its way to the consulate in Ukraine. I think I understand the process pretty well, but any links would be appreciated. My only concern is that my fiancee is in Donetsk and she can't receive snail mail there. Just electronic communications.

Thanks

This is the best that I have. If you receive something different would you share it with me so I can help others like yourself that come behind you on their journey?

Read the "Fiancé Visa Information Packet" area and download those.

http://ukraine.usemb...visa-forms.html

Also, the note at the right says -

If your immigrant, diversity, or fiancée visa appointment is scheduled at the U.S. Embassy in Kyiv, Ukraine you must visit http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ or call the Visa Information and Appointment Service at 38 044 383 8066 to register for the passport delivery. The U.S. Embassy WILL NOT be able to process your visa application until you make a selection of a TMM-Express destination where the visa can be delivered. Please make sure that you register BEFORE you come for your scheduled visa interview.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

55 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

It looks like there was some kind of miscommunication as I find the review to be a bit exaggerated. Their petition is only in administrative review as well. I'm sure they would find out when they received the hard copy of the 221g sent to them. But I highly doubt the CO would not take the VA and SS supplementary documents. 

My guess is they filled out the I134 income amount to not include the VA and SS benefits and just expected to explain after with the documents rather than including it in the income total in the first place. I highly doubt the scenario as explained in the review.

I agree with your assessment. I'm still trying to figure out why they didn't include the documentation and have it attached to the I-134 and list as income. I have income come from many different sources when I completed my I-134 and I include all of it. My sources were just like the interviewed couple and then some. I have observed that some CO's go by the book of "lets screw the if they don't do it my way" and other CO's "how can I help" these poor (not monetarily poor) people get approved while I cover my "butt". That's pretty much how it works.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

8 hours ago, Linafay said:

Hello everyone,

my fiance has received all of his police certificates with ease, except for Cyprus. He has sent documents to his friends in Cyprus so they can get his certificate for him. The police keep giving his friends the run around. We have been working on this since May and our petition expires in September. We are running out of time and we cannot submit packet 3 without the certificate. Without packet 3, there will be no interview date. Is there any way we can extend the date on our NOA 2 so that we can have more time to get this police clearance??? HELP! :’(

The NOA2 is valid for a total of one year with 4 months extended benefit. So every 4 months you call your Embassy and ask for an extension and they will grant one usually. If you go past the one year, you go to the back of the line and begin this process all over with a new 129f.

Have you followed the instructions here: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Cyprus.html which I have cut and paste here below:

Police Records

Document Name: Certificate of Clear Criminal Record /Πιστοποιητικό Λευκού Ποινικού Εγγραφή / Adli Sicil Belgesi

Fees: €20

Issuing Government Authority: Police Headquarters in Cyprus/ Criminal Records Office

Issuing Authority Personnel Title: Chief of Police of the Republic of Cyprus

Registration Criteria: Apply in person or by mail. Each request must include an official receipt for payment and:

• For Cypriots: identity card and passport.
  • For non-Cypriots: copy of alien book, pink slip or yellow slip and passport.

Procedure for Obtaining:
Requester will apply in person at the Cyprus Police Headquarters, Criminal Records Office (CRO), Athalassa, Nicosia, or at any major police station.

• Cypriot citizens residing outside Cyprus can apply through the nearest Cypriot embassy/consulate.
  • Non-Cypriot citizens who previously resided in Cyprus can apply by mail:

Chief of Police
    Police Headquarters
    PO Box No. 2022
    Nicosia, Cyprus 
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

6 hours ago, annaquin said:

Hi everyone -

Our case has had Ready status since the end of June.  NVC says packet was mailed to him on July 16 but he has yet to receive it and we're getting a bit worried. We have most of the documentation (police certificates, etc.) completed and ready to go but haven't filled out the DS-160 yet. He has yet to complete his medical as well, as we were waiting on the instruction packet to make sure everything was done perfectly. Now I'm not so sure. We have emailed and called the embassy several times, only to receive that they're having "technical difficulties with K1 cases with the electronic attachments." They also keep saying that as soon as this issue is resolved, that they will schedule my fiance's appointment. We're thinking the last part is a general response since he needs the packet before he can schedule the interview in the first place. 

I know there aren't many people right now going through the same embassy (Colombo, Sri Lanka), but I'm mostly just wondering if anyone is familiar with these "technical difficulties" the embassy is talking about. Our NOA2 is set to expire on Oct. 4 2018.

To sum it all up ...

Is anyone familiar with such technical difficulties or have the slightest idea of what may be going on? I don't think you will get an answer to that questions as that is a situation that is owned by your Embassy.

What should we be doing at the moment besides gathering the remaining documents - http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Sri

should we fill the DS-160 and schedule his medical already? Yes you can complete the DS-160 now.

Is our timeframe okay? How long does it usually take for the beneficiary to receive instruction packet after Ready status? Depends on the Embassy. You might want to ask your regional or country's sub-forum. Blue ribbon at the top of the page, select the tab for "forums" and scroll down about 3/4 of the page then make your selection.

If needed, how can we extend the validity of our NOA2?  NOA 2 will be extended up to a year by your Embassy. The new extension, if approved, will be for an additional 4 months. Extensions are in the form of 4 month extension with each approval till you reach one year. If you need to go beyond a year then you must go to the end of the line and begin the process from 129f over again and pay the fees. You must provide a reason for the NOA 2 extension when requesting the extension.

Any advice appreciated  Your welcome. :thumbs:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Greenbaum said:

Estoy de acuerdo con tu evaluación Todavía estoy tratando de descubrir por qué no incluyeron la documentación y la adjuntan a la I-134 y la lista como ingreso. Recibí ingresos de diferentes fuentes cuando terminé mi I-134 y lo incluyo todo. Mis fuentes fueron como la pareja entrevistada y algo más. He observado que algunos CO se rigen por el libro "permítanme si no lo hacen a mi manera" y otras CO "¿cómo puedo ayudar?" A estas personas pobres (no económicamente pobres) a ser aprobadas mientras cubro mi "culo" ". Eso es más o menos cómo funciona.

@K1visaHopeful @Greenbaum So we should not have any problem if he only receives the VA money? He receives enough to be able to sponsor me.

13 minutes ago, NicholasS said:

@K1visaHopeful @Greenbaum So we should not have any problem if he only receives the VA money? He receives enough to be able to sponsor me.

IMO, I highly doubt you will have problems. I have not done too much research on it to find others who HAVE run into any problems but the ones I have come across have been fine as long as they could meet the minimum financial requirement.

Maybe @Greenbaum has seen some evidence to contradict me or a better explanation to why a CO would find fault in a veteran being supported fully by the VA and it negatively affecting a petition. 

PS go up to the search bar and input "Disabled Veteran Petitioner K1". There are many threads over the years voicing your same concerns. Might make you feel a little bit better.

Edited by K1visaHopeful

7 hours ago, NicholasS said:

That's what I said. No problems using VA benefits. Unless of course the CO is an a$$ and gives you a bad time. Be respectful and ask questions during your interview if you need clarification but let the CO ask the question first before you follow up with your question. If it's a big deal they'll bring it up if not leave it alone. Be sure the VA benefit letter is stapled to the I-134.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.