1,626 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, BluesDancer said:

Point of Entry Date Set!!! My loving fiance will be arriving at her POE in San Francisco on August 18, 2018, then finish her last leg to Denver that same evening! Reality still has not set in yet. I will believe it once I see my love at the airport to take her home! :whistle:

Bluesdancer, seriously, I know what u feel as reality is setting in and same for me as well so just enjoy the moments with her in life. Now look, I know she's beautiful and all but please keep your eye on the road on the way home okay? Hahahaha. By the way where in Dumaguete is she from? Maria my fiancee is in Dauin a dive resort town so they are only 30 minutes from each other. Love Dumaguete as it's my favorite place to visit and of course Lee Super Plaza and Robinson place Mall. Okay my friend keep in touch and let me know how things are going there.

3 hours ago, RyanMaria 2018 said:

@GreenbaumYou've been quiet lately so hope you are well my friend. I mentioned you yesterday to say maraming salamat for all your help and so she was approved as  it was a quickie interview for my fiancee and nothing even about our relationship or affidavit of support but we already knew that but the standard how did you meet and you know the rest. Anyway hoping for a September 17th flight here to fabulous Las Vegas, Nevada and an October wedding. Anyway to talk to you later my friend and take care!!!!!  

I hadn't heard anything on your approval. I have been busy getting spammed over in January 2018 filers. They are brutal there.

Anyways, I am so glad you guys got through this with an approval. You got yourself a good women. Treat her well and she'll treat you well. Good luck and stop by once an awhile let us know how you guys are doing. Red Horse Salute !

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline
3 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

I hadn't heard anything on your approval. I have been busy getting spammed over in January 2018 filers. They are brutal there.

Anyways, I am so glad you guys got through this with an approval. You got yourself a good women. Treat her well and she'll treat you well. Good luck and stop by once an awhile let us know how you guys are doing. Red Horse Salute !

Do u need an assistant Visajourney Guru? Seems like everyone loves Greenbaum these days. Anyway thanks for your valuable insights and encouragement my friend. If u need anything let me know okay? In the meantime I'm on this Trump train helping the president to KEEP making America great!!! One day I'll give my take on this immigration problem at the border and what I would do. Take care my friend here's to a San Miguel salute!!!:jest:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi, I hope everyone is well. I wanted to ask something in reference to the affidavit of support. What happens is that my boyfriend is a 100% disabled veteran due to medical problems. and the money he receives is paid directly by the army veterans department. I wanted to ask; Will we have any inconvenience in the interview at the embassy since this money is tax free? or do we need a sponsor? Do you know any case of a Veteran? Help, we are very scared and we did not find much information in reference to this topic! Psdt: the money he receives from the VA meets the poverty level.

Edited by NicholasS

5 hours ago, NicholasS said:

Hi, I hope everyone is well. I wanted to ask something in reference to the affidavit of support. What happens is that my boyfriend is a 100% disabled veteran due to medical problems. and the money he receives is paid directly by the army veterans department. I wanted to ask; Will we have any inconvenience in the interview at the embassy since this money is tax free? or do we need a sponsor? Do you know any case of a Veteran? Help, we are very scared and we did not find much information in reference to this topic! Psdt: the money he receives from the VA meets the poverty level.

My fiance also receives a monthly, non taxable disability benefit from the VA. Regardless of it being non taxable, it is still considered income. Because it is not reported on his taxes, we have printed off a summary of benefits statement from the VA staying his monthly disability benefit and have used that as supporting documentation for our I134. Your fiancé can print the same off of the following website:

https://www.ebenefits.va.gov/ebenefits/homepage

Although I have not had my interview yet (I do Wednesday), I cannot imagine running into any problems. His VA benefit is income and as long as it meets the poverty level, I am sure it is fine. What more can they say but thank him for his service, right?

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline

Hello everyone,

my fiance has received all of his police certificates with ease, except for Cyprus. He has sent documents to his friends in Cyprus so they can get his certificate for him. The police keep giving his friends the run around. We have been working on this since May and our petition expires in September. We are running out of time and we cannot submit packet 3 without the certificate. Without packet 3, there will be no interview date. Is there any way we can extend the date on our NOA 2 so that we can have more time to get this police clearance??? HELP! :’(

Timeline

@K1visaHopeful Agradezco su respuesta y me da alivio. lo que sucede es que aparentemente una dama en Colombia tenía un problema. Y cuando leí su experiencia, tuve un poco de angustia porque mi novio también recibió solo dinero del VA y pensé que eso nos causaría un percance.

Dime cómo te va en tu entrevista, te deseo buena suerte

Edited by NicholasS

Timeline
37 minutes ago, NicholasS said:

@ K1visaHopeful  

I appreciate your response and it gives me relief. what happens is that apparently a lady in Colombia had a problem in the interview for this reason. And when I read the experience of her, I had a bit of anguish because my boyfriend only receives money from the VA and I thought that would cause us some problem.

Tell me how you are doing in your interview, I wish you good luck ☺️

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sri Lanka
Timeline

Hi everyone -

Our case has had Ready status since the end of June.  NVC says packet was mailed to him on July 16 but he has yet to receive it and we're getting a bit worried. We have most of the documentation (police certificates, etc.) completed and ready to go but haven't filled out the DS-160 yet. He has yet to complete his medical as well, as we were waiting on the instruction packet to make sure everything was done perfectly. Now I'm not so sure. We have emailed and called the embassy several times, only to receive that they're having "technical difficulties with K1 cases with the electronic attachments." They also keep saying that as soon as this issue is resolved, that they will schedule my fiance's appointment. We're thinking the last part is a general response since he needs the packet before he can schedule the interview in the first place. 

I know there aren't many people right now going through the same embassy (Colombo, Sri Lanka), but I'm mostly just wondering if anyone is familiar with these "technical difficulties" the embassy is talking about. Our NOA2 is set to expire on Oct. 4 2018.

To sum it all up ...

Is anyone familiar with such technical difficulties or have the slightest idea of what may be going on?

What should we be doing at the moment besides gathering the remaining documents - 

should we fill the DS-160 and schedule his medical already?

Is our timeframe okay? How long does it usually take for the beneficiary to receive instruction packet after Ready status?

If needed, how can we extend the validity of our NOA2?

Any advice appreciated

Timeline
52 minutes ago, NicholasS said:

@ K1visaHopeful  

I appreciate your response and it gives me relief. what happens is that apparently a lady in Colombia had a problem in the interview for this reason. And when I read the experience of her, I had a bit of anguish because my boyfriend only receives money from the VA and I thought that would cause us some problem.

Tell me how you are doing in your interview, I wish you good luck ☺️

4 hours ago, NicholasS said:

If you could post the link to the Columbian lady's situation? I would like to read about it...

Timeline
1 hour ago, Texas stylist said:

Hello everyone 

can someone give me the link to pay my fees. The one I have tried is not working it keeps saying under maintenance. Thanks 

Here u go and hope this will help http://www.ustraveldocs.com/gm/gm-niv-visafeeinfo.html . Click on visa fees and it will tell which bank you can pay at so you should be able to pay your fees through the bank listed. Have a great day!!!

Edited by RyanMaria 2018

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi everyone, we received our NOA2 in June.  The NVC notified me this week our petition is on its way to the consulate in Ukraine. I think I understand the process pretty well, but any links would be appreciated. My only concern is that my fiancee is in Donetsk and she can't receive snail mail there. Just electronic communications.

Thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.