1,626 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

It means NOTHING. This is for those who are processing a CR-1. But because USCIS/NVC treats the K-1 visa as an immigrant visa (when it really is a non-immigrant visa with intent to immigrate) you will get that information. Ignore it!  Follow your Embassy's instructions.

You are right I called and I was told to disregard that email. looks like someone is having fun with my case because I got another email. 

The NVC completed its processing of this visa petition, and forwarded it to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in LAGOS NIGERIA.

We forwarded your immigrant visa petition to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate on .

If you have any questions about your case you should contact the Embassy or Consulate. You can find how to contact the Embassy or Consulate by going to http://usembassy.gov. Click on the region your Embassy or Consulate is in, and then click on the city name. Once the page loads, click "Contact Us.

I was told to disregard this one aswell as my case is still at the NVC. lol

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
10 hours ago, Mike & Tanja said:

Congrats! Ours too 😁🍾

And ours. :) 

They seem to send them in bulk. All the different dates after ours are in transit the same date. 

Congratulations, everyone! :)

Now it's up to the embassy to speed up or slow down the process. 

Moscow embassy doesn't have any interview dates these days. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
18 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

I just wasn't sure how you were entering the US as you didn't specify the B1/B2 visa in your question so I was a little confused. @missileman gave you a good answer. I'll leave it at that.

@Greenbaum I agree with you the answer you and  @missileman . On the same topic - have you guys heard of cases where Patrol officer has denied entry in such a case and if so - Do they stamp your passport if they deny entry ?

4 hours ago, A_R said:

@Greenbaum I agree with you the answer you and  @missileman . On the same topic - have you guys heard of cases where Patrol officer has denied entry in such a case and if so - Do they stamp your passport if they deny entry ?

Do you mean to say because someone is a Patrol Officer that they would get denied? Either case no I have not heard. Again, "your record" is what stands the test with getting an approval with USCIS. So, if the PO doesn't have any "strikes" against their background checks then I don't see a reason to be denied entry if USCIS approved his case.

I can't answer "do they stamp your passport upon denial" as I have no experience with that instance.

5 hours ago, RyanMaria 2018 said:

What an amazing turn of events from 24 hours ago. Got an email this morning stating the our K1 packet was sent to Manila embassy and is in transit. Scheduled an interview for July 27th and medical exam and booked a flight for my fiancee to go to Manila next week.  Now it's about to happen so I'm signing out tonight and good night all from fabulous Las Vegas!!

I'm glad you were able to finally schedule that interview. Safe travels and good luck.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

7 hours ago, saeric said:

You are right I called and I was told to disregard that email. looks like someone is having fun with my case because I got another email. 

The NVC completed its processing of this visa petition, and forwarded it to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in LAGOS NIGERIA.

We forwarded your immigrant visa petition to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate on .

If you have any questions about your case you should contact the Embassy or Consulate. You can find how to contact the Embassy or Consulate by going to http://usembassy.gov. Click on the region your Embassy or Consulate is in, and then click on the city name. Once the page loads, click "Contact Us.

I was told to disregard this one as well as my case is still at the NVC. lol

Be careful in what you ignore. If your file has indeed left NVC then this latest notice is TRUE and contains information that you might want to follow. The link they gave you sends you to a index page with the procedures for securing your interview and what to bring better known as the P3 but I have found that some Embassy's are not participating with updated information. So buyer beware. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline
34 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Do you mean to say because someone is a Patrol Officer that they would get denied? Either case no I have not heard. Again, "your record" is what stands the test with getting an approval with USCIS. So, if the PO doesn't have any "strikes" against their background checks then I don't see a reason to be denied entry if USCIS approved his case.

I can't answer "do they stamp your passport upon denial" as I have no experience with that instance.

I'm glad you were able to finally schedule that interview. Safe travels and good luck.

@Greenbaum No, what I meant was If I go to USA on B1/B2 (during my K1 petition) and any Customs Patrol Officer denies me entry since it is totally at his/her discretion - I was asking for examples of such cases in past since you have such a vast experience n knowledge. Thanks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

@Greenbaum

You are the bomb ! Thank you.  I already filled out the DS160 once our case got to NVC.  We have all the needed docs for the interview, we are locked and loaded for this.  Now to keep saying the serenity prayer and put this in God's hands ! 

K1 Visa         DENIED 

Service Center :    California Service  Center
Transferred?        No
Consulate :        Morocco
I-129F Sent :        2017-09-25
I-129F NOA1 :    2017-10-03
I-129F RFE(s) :    2018-04-02; 2018-05-08
RFE Reply(s) :    2018-04-25, 2018-05-22
I-129F NOA2 :    2018-06-04
NVC Received :    2018-06-21
Date Case #, IIN, 
and BIN assigned :    2018-06-21
NVC Left :        2018-07-10
Consulate Received :    2018-07-13
Packet 3 Received :    2018-07-31
Packet 3 Sent :    
Packet 4 Received :    
Interview Date :    2018-09-04    

CR1 Visa         APPROVED !!!!!!!!!!!

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
1 hour ago, A_R said:

@Greenbaum No, what I meant was If I go to USA on B1/B2 (during my K1 petition) and any Customs Patrol Officer denies me entry since it is totally at his/her discretion - I was asking for examples of such cases in past since you have such a vast experience n knowledge. Thanks!

Hi @A_R ! I just wanted to tell you my experience... About I year ago I was denied entry into the US because I had been visiting my Fiance several times that year. This hasn't been a problem for my K1 Visa application so far, but there´s an extensive record of it and it´s something I wouldn´t anyone to go through. They detained me for over 7 hours, no water, no food, nothing. They treated me as a criminal and they made all this paperwork which I have to take with me to the K1 Visa interview and then they proceeded to cancel my B1/B2 Visa. That record shows everywhere, even if I would try to enter the US with my French passport it would show. So please be careful, I know that being far away is complicated and distance sucks but if you´re so close to obtaining you K1 it might not be worth going through such a bad experience. On the other hand, there´s also a chance that none of this may happen, unfortunately it all depends on the officer´s criteria; I just had bad luck that day as I´ve had multiple visas during my life, even a student one and I´ve entered the US for vacations and business meetings, etc several times and never had any issues. Good luck to you and everyone else in this group!!! :wub:

Timeline
22 minutes ago, Brigitte84 said:

Hi @A_R ! I just wanted to tell you my experience... About I year ago I was denied entry into the US because I had been visiting my Fiance several times that year. This hasn't been a problem for my K1 Visa application so far, but there´s an extensive record of it and it´s something I wouldn´t anyone to go through. They detained me for over 7 hours, no water, no food, nothing. They treated me as a criminal and they made all this paperwork which I have to take with me to the K1 Visa interview and then they proceeded to cancel my B1/B2 Visa. That record shows everywhere, even if I would try to enter the US with my French passport it would show. So please be careful, I know that being far away is complicated and distance sucks but if you´re so close to obtaining you K1 it might not be worth going through such a bad experience. On the other hand, there´s also a chance that none of this may happen, unfortunately it all depends on the officer´s criteria; I just had bad luck that day as I´ve had multiple visas during my life, even a student one and I´ve entered the US for vacations and business meetings, etc several times and never had any issues. Good luck to you and everyone else in this group!!! :wub:

@Brigitte84  Thanks so much for sharing your experience, this is exactly what I am afraid about.

It is really ambiguous.

Last year when they denied you the entry had you already applied for K1 visa?

Also , did they atamp your passport when they denied you entry?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
4 minutes ago, A_R said:

@Brigitte84  Thanks so much for sharing your experience, this is exactly what I am afraid about.

It is really ambiguous.

Last year when they denied you the entry had you already applied for K1 visa?

Also , did they atamp your passport when they denied you entry?

I got denied entry in July and we didn´t start the K1 process until October. They didn´t stamp my passport but they did mark and canceled my Visa with a black Sharpie, so every time I would use my passport there was that awful reminder of that horrible day;  thank God I just got a new passport. I just believe that at this point in the process it´s not really worth risking the K1 visa as I´m not sure if a denied entry at this point could affect your process. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Okay so I have a million dollar question for you all. I'm trying to schedule a CFO class for my fiancee but since she doesn't have a visa yet do I register her on the GCP program? Seems simple but just wanting some clarification on that OR is it better to wait till after she get's her visa. I know she can show her passport photocopy as well. I know this has been asked already but just want to double check. Thanks!!!:huh:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
18 minutes ago, RyanMaria 2018 said:

Okay so I have a million dollar question for you all. I'm trying to schedule a CFO class for my fiancee but since she doesn't have a visa yet do I register her on the GCP program? Seems simple but just wanting some clarification on that OR is it better to wait till after she get's her visa. I know she can show her passport photocopy as well. I know this has been asked already but just want to double check. Thanks!!!:huh:

@GreenbaumThanks for all the advice and patience on my questions over the past few months really do appreciate it my friend.I mentioned in the post above about her CFO class and so do I need to register her on the GCP site? most likely because I know I can't register her in the PDOS. I know sound simple but anyway talk to you soon my friend!! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My fiance has completed his DS-160 application and we recieved the case # and invoice # today. What are we suppose to do next and when can we schedule the interview and medical?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.