1,626 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
2 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Just saw that. Have you tried to private message other VJers who filed previously through Amsterdam? You can do a search by country. Maybe they could send you a copy of a recent P3?

I could try that. I hadn't used the messaging feature thus far. Thanks!

K1 VISA

NOA1 - Dec 12

NOA2 - June 29

Visa in hand - Sept 22

POE - Sept 25 

Marriage - Oct 6 🥂

AOS

Packet Sent - Nov 5, 2018

NOA1 - Nov 9, 2018

NOA1 Received in mail - Nov 16, 2018

EAD Card Approved - June 4, 2019

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
On 04/07/2018 at 2:35 PM, Hygeia said:

Hello everybody, thank you @Mike & Tanja for suggesting this group. So i called NVC yesterday to ask on why we didn't receive any notification or email from them since we got our case number last june 28th via phone call. And she told me that they dont have any particular days on how long would take them to send our papers to hong kong. She just gave me the invoice number, which i cant use right now because Hong Kong police wont give me certificate of no criminal record unless i show them a printed copy of email fom nvc or packet 3. So basically im stock right now, and cant do anything because of lack of requirement.

Hello! I am gonna interview in HK as well. Just saw that my case was "Ready" today so below is my case FYI:

NOA1: Nov 9, 2017

NOA2: May 31, 2018

AT NVC: Not sure, but received NVC letter on June 13, 2018

NVC in Transit: June 26, 2018

Arrived/Ready at the Consulate: July 5, 2018 (So it took them around 8 days)

I called the HK consulate a couple of times and the only answers they gave me is that they will inform me via email/call, so I am hoping to get their call/email by tomorrow or next Monday...so i assume i can start to request for police certificate after i get the email from the embassy. Hope it helps.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, danniejay said:

Hello! I am gonna interview in HK as well. Just saw that my case was "Ready" today so below is my case FYI:

NOA1: Nov 9, 2017

NOA2: May 31, 2018

AT NVC: Not sure, but received NVC letter on June 13, 2018

NVC in Transit: June 26, 2018

Arrived/Ready at the Consulate: July 5, 2018 (So it took them around 8 days)

I called the HK consulate a couple of times and the only answers they gave me is that they will inform me via email/call, so I am hoping to get their call/email by tomorrow or next Monday...so i assume i can start to request for police certificate after i get the email from the embassy. Hope it helps.

I believe you can start requesting for your hong kong police clearance since you already have the letter from the NVC😊 Good to know that there is also an applicant from just like me

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Hygeia said:

I believe you can start requesting for your hong kong police clearance since you already have the letter from the NVC😊 Good to know that there is also an applicant from just like me

Oh really? But I haven't received my P3 yet...I just checked the CEAC website and saw that my case is ready today. The US consulate at HK has not informed me yet nor the NVC. So i guess i need to wait for the actual email or mail of P3 for the police certificate. Pls correct me if I am wrong =)

Timeline
2 minutes ago, danniejay said:

Oh really? But I haven't received my P3 yet...I just checked the CEAC website and saw that my case is ready today. The US consulate at HK has not informed me yet nor the NVC. So i guess i need to wait for the actual email or mail of P3 for the police certificate. Pls correct me if I am wrong =)

Some applicants use their NVC letter in obtaining hk pc, well you have to try it or yyou can call the hong kong police for the confirmation. I am actually waiting for either letter, p3 or email from nvc so i can continue gathering my docs

Woohoo! We finally received our NVC case number today! :jest:

It's nice to see things starting to speed up a bit now. Hopefully things will continue to go smoothly from here on out. For us, it was 20 days from NOA2 to the date we received our NVC case number. Good luck to everyone who is still waiting! The finish line is so close, and we're getting pretty excited!

Edited by wakeuplittlesuzy

10.10.2017 - Engagement

12.05.2017 - (K1 Visa) Case was Received

12.06.2017 - NOA1

06.14.2018 - NOA2 (Approved)

07.02.2018 - NVC received

07.03.2018 - NVC case number assigned

07.24.2018 - Left NVC/In Transit (22 days at NVC)

08.08.2018 - Medical

08.22.2018 - Interview (Approved! The whole process took 259 days from start to finish.)

09.08.2018 - POE

10.20.2018 - Marriage

11.14.2018 - (AOS) Case was Received

11.18.2018 - (AOS) Fingerprint Fee was Received

07.24.2019 - "Case Ready for Interview to be Scheduled" (253 days)

07.31.2019 - Green Card interview letter received in the mail (7 days later)

08.29.2019 - Green Card interview (Approved!)

09.03.2019 - New Card Being Produced!

09.07.2019 - Green Card in Hand! (9 days after our interview)

06.23.2021 - Form I-751 Removal of Conditions, Case was Received

06.26.2021 - NOA

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello Everyone, 

I have an honest question. My fiance has a Bachelor's in Mechanical Engineering. He worked as a teaching assistant for two years and quit his job in 2016 to prepare for the government job exams in India which are usually very difficult and require a lot of preparation. He did work for another few months last year but quit again when I went to meet him the second time so we could spend some good time together. Since then he has been preparing to come to the US such as learning how to drive, studying for the English language test so he can continue his education once we are married and settled. 

Now my question is this, will the immigration look at the unemployment since 2016 to sometime until last year and then leaving the second job again before I went to meet his second time as a warning sign of some sort that he is just trying to come to America since he has no stable job in India? In our culture our family supports the boys until they get settled, so financially there is no problem. 

We were filling out the DS160 and it asks current job etc. We chose the unemployed and it asks for an explanation. We want to be honest but could it backfire on us? I don't want the immigration to think he is only with me so he could immigrate to America for a better future. 

Any suggestions or insights, please? Thank you. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bermuda
Timeline
18 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Dont quote me but it kind of sounds like they are just telling you to wait for them to send you P3. If you have done your research on your embassy's P3 on here or through the internet then you should already be prepared for what they will ask for in P3. 

The documents requested for P3 in my country is not much more than a copy of my (bene) passport info page, my DS160 confirmation page, and a checklist that I signed declaring I have all of the documents required to bring to the interview. 

The main thing I would suggest is getting all of your (bene) police clearances, getting the petitioner to finalize the I134 and all of the supporting documents and signing and sending to the bene. If the bene already has the petitioner's proof of domicile in the US, the proof of the petitioner being a USC (birth cert) and certified copies of both the bene and peti's prior divorce certificates then you should be good. They dont ask for much more. 

Have you tried googling packet 3 for your country so you can prepare? (I just did. Not much).

Or have you tried to find other previous Bermuda filers on VJ through the search and sent them a private message? Maybe they can enlighten you on what the next steps/requirements are at your embassy.

I have. But some of the things here are done differently. Like example the police clearance, i went to the police station and requested for one, they asked mo for which purpose, then i said for my k1 visa interview, they immediately said they will not process it until i have my appointment letter. Looks like i really have to wait for the embassy to send me info before i can even prepare stuff.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
4 hours ago, Ann and Meet said:

Hello Everyone, 

I have an honest question. My fiance has a Bachelor's in Mechanical Engineering. He worked as a teaching assistant for two years and quit his job in 2016 to prepare for the government job exams in India which are usually very difficult and require a lot of preparation. He did work for another few months last year but quit again when I went to meet him the second time so we could spend some good time together. Since then he has been preparing to come to the US such as learning how to drive, studying for the English language test so he can continue his education once we are married and settled. 

Now my question is this, will the immigration look at the unemployment since 2016 to sometime until last year and then leaving the second job again before I went to meet his second time as a warning sign of some sort that he is just trying to come to America since he has no stable job in India? In our culture our family supports the boys until they get settled, so financially there is no problem. 

We were filling out the DS160 and it asks current job etc. We chose the unemployed and it asks for an explanation. We want to be honest but could it backfire on us? I don't want the immigration to think he is only with me so he could immigrate to America for a better future. 

Any suggestions or insights, please? Thank you. 

Do not over think it, it really doesn't matter if he is working or not, the only employment verification that really matters is yours. They don't necessarily spend to much time questioning the beneficiary about the gaps in their employment history. 

NEW Case Status website: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

OLD  Case Status website: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

USCIS - 800-375-5283.  NVC - (603)-334-0700

Contact the National Customer Service Center (NCSC) at 1-800-375-5283.

What to do after NOA2 Approval? How to contact NVC? Click here for info - https://goo.gl/KggThF

USPS INFORMED DELIVERY - https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
2 minutes ago, IssaCaptureFL said:

Do not over think it, it really doesn't matter if he is working or not, the only employment verification that really matters is yours. They don't necessarily spend to much time questioning the beneficiary about the gaps in their employment history. 

Thank you very much. I also read someone else's question that was similar and the responses. It really helps. It does make me feel better. Thank you. 

2 hours ago, decfiler said:

I have. But some of the things here are done differently. Like example the police clearance, i went to the police station and requested for one, they asked mo for which purpose, then i said for my k1 visa interview, they immediately said they will not process it until i have my appointment letter. Looks like i really have to wait for the embassy to send me info before i can even prepare stuff.

And I thought Canada was strict on you following their timing to a 'T"...

Wow! That's crazy.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
On 7/3/2018 at 5:32 PM, decfiler said:

Wow yours is quick, based on your timeline it says it was at NVC June 22 and left June 25th? Mine was also at June 22 but status still says AT NVC

It was faster than I thought, but the nvc says it has been sent and the Turkish embassy doesnt have it yet but it's been a week. makes me a little nervous. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.