17 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi guys,
I have couple of questions...
So, NVC received our case and I have this KEV number and Invoice number (idk why I need Invoice number actually).

So the question is, should I do some steps now or just wait until the status change to "ready"?

Because when I check the status there is next info: 

Please follow the instructions you received from the National Visa Center (NVC) that list the six steps you must take before NVC can schedule your visa interview appointment. This includes submitting to NVC various fees, forms and documents. Once NVC has received all the required items, they will let you know if anything is missing or incomplete. You can also find these instructions online at http://nvc.state.gov (English) and http://nvc.state.gov/espanol (Spanish). You will find contact information for NVC at http://nvc.state.gov/ask.  

So this is why I am questioning like whats that...I never heard about it.

And one more thing...what is the Visa rules, I know there is only 1 entry allowed using this visa, right? And do they give some timeframes when you need to arrive or not? Because we planned a trip in August and planning to fly to the US in August. Is this okay if I get my visa like in June but fly to the US in August? 

Thanks in advance.

47 minutes ago, DmytriiD said:

Hi guys,
So, NVC received our case and I have this KEV number and Invoice number (idk why I need Invoice number actually).

So the question is, should I do some steps now or just wait until the status change to "ready"?

Please follow the instructions you received from the National Visa Center (NVC) that list the six steps you must take before NVC can schedule your visa interview appointment. This includes submitting to NVC various fees, forms and documents. Once NVC has received all the required items, they will let you know if anything is missing or incomplete. You can also find these instructions online at http://nvc.state.gov (English) and http://nvc.state.gov/espanol (Spanish). You will find contact information for NVC at http://nvc.state.gov/ask.  

And one more thing...what is the Visa rules, I know there is only 1 entry allowed using this visa, right? And do they give some timeframes when you need to arrive or not? Because we planned a trip in August and planning to fly to the US in August. Is this okay if I get my visa like in June but fly to the US in August? 

Thanks in advance.

I would wait until it says ready but, you can probably still gather the documents needed. It wouldn't hurt to be prepared in advance. They gave me an invoice number, too. I never had to use it, though! So, yes, I don't know why we need that invoice number. Yes, one entry with the K-1 visa. It should expire in 6 months from your interview date (or maybe, medical date, not sure). If you get your visa in June, you will have no problem flying to the United States in August! Your visa will have an expiration date on it.

Edited by barashka

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
15 minutes ago, barashka said:

IYes, one entry with the K-1 visa. It should expire in 6 months from your interview date (or maybe, medical date, not sure). If you get your visa in June, you will have no problem flying to the United States in August! Your visa will have an expiration date on it.

Usually it 6 months from the medical. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
2 hours ago, DmytriiD said:

Hi guys,

Thanks in advance.

Schedule your medical right now and get the police certificate also, get I-134 for your fiance ready and all other documents. you can send them by email. no wet signature required. 

8/7/2017                    NOA-1

3/1/2018                    NOA-2

3/15/2018                  NVC case received

3/22/2018                  NVC case assigned

3/23/2018                  Consulate ready

4/11/2018                  Medical

4/17/2018                  Visa Approved

4/24/2018                  Visa on hand

5/23/2018                  Point of Entry ATL

5/24/2018                  Marriage license, officiant and certificate / applied for SS#

5/31/2018                  AOS/AP/EAD

6/7/2018                    email notification of NOA-1

6/11/2018                  NOA-1 hard copies for AOS/EAD/AP

6/27/2018                  Biometrics for AOS/EAD

7/7/2018                    ready to be scheduled for interview

7/11/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (email from USCIS)

8/22/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (same email again)

9/5/2018                     We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is getting boring!!!)

10/3/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is insanity, 4th time while some got GC)

10/17/2018                After 136 days of wait in HELL, finally EAD in production

10/21/2018                Card was mailed to me, and yes it said so on a Sunday night, while Vj-ing

10/22/2018                Card was picked up by the USPS

10/24/2018                EAD in hand. F%^&& finally

12/28/2018                Interview has been scheduled. Waiting for notification with date by snail mail

Timeline
22 hours ago, Alabamak1 said:

Schedule your medical right now and get the police certificate also, get I-134 for your fiance ready and all other documents. you can send them by email. no wet signature required. 

I already got my police certificate and scheduled Medical Exam for 07June18.

We have a letter of employment, W-2, 2017 tax return, bank statement and filled I-134 Form. Will it be okay do not present hard copies? Because we planned to send it soon....So she can just email all of this to me and I can bring printed copies to the interview? Did you do like this?

Also what about intent to marry letter, do I need to have a hard copy with me or again scanned, emailed and printed will work at the Embassy?

Thank you!

Edited by DmytriiD

Timeline
14 minutes ago, DmytriiD said:

I already got my police certificate and scheduled Medical Exam for 07June18.

We have a letter of employment, W-2, 2017 tax return, bank statement and filled I-134 Form. Will it be okay do not present hard copies? Because we planned to send it soon....So she can just email all of this time and I can bring printed copies to the interview? Did you do like this?

Also what about intent to marry letter, do I need to have a hard copy with me or again scanned, emailed and printed will work at the Embassy?

Thank you!

I emailed everything to her, but i also send some stuff by mail which was a big mistake. USPS took forever for her to receive the packet. The packet came 1 day before she had to leave to Kiev. I was so mad i spent $35 dollars for a 10 day or more delivery when i needed it there in no more than 5. 

Since I had to have triple copies of everything, like a control freak, I did take my prepared packet for the interview myself. I was there in Kiev at the US Embassy when we got approved.

1) Have multiple copies and keep everything you might need for later also

2) If you can go to the interview, it's not required, but makes a good bonafide relationship evidence. 

3) When and if using the mail USPS...use the fastest possible way and or leave enough time for it to get there. (IMO FedEx, DHL or UPS only)

4) Relax, if you did all the 12 steps of control freaking like I did....your interview should be an approval.  Good Luck, )))) 

Edited by Alabamak1

5/24/2018                  Marriage license, officiant and certificate / applied for SS#

7/11/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (email from USCIS)

8/22/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (same email again)

9/5/2018                     We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is getting boring!!!)

10/3/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is insanity, 4th time while some got GC)

10/17/2018                After 136 days of wait in HELL, finally EAD in production

10/21/2018                Card was mailed to me, and yes it said so on a Sunday night, while Vj-ing

12/28/2018                Interview has been scheduled. Waiting for notification with date by snail mail

Timeline

Printed and emailed stuff will all work at the embassy, nothing needs to be certified from here in the US.  

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Alabamak1 said:

Printed and emailed stuff will all work at the embassy, nothing needs to be certified from here in the US.  

I see, okay! Thanks a lot for the advice! 

So I am going to ask her to mail me hard copies just in case anyway...

She will not be here for the interview but that's okay. I do not worry about it...

She cant take multiple vacations and we already planned one in August before we fly to the US together...

And yeah I make sure I have all required by that 12 steps....just having questions about this number 6 step which is this financial support from US citizen...

So I hope if we do a letter of employment, W-2, 2017 tax return, bank statement and filled I-134 Form it will be enough for step 6.

Did you do all of that too or like didn't do something from this list? Because it says like we can do something one, not all like I want to have for just in case in this step 6...

And how did you guys scheduled a marriage registration there in the US? How does it work? Because I see you already sent docs for AOS and only married one week before that.

How did you do so quickly? Please advise how it works and what is required to apply for an AOS

Thanks!!!

Timeline
2 hours ago, DmytriiD said:

She will not be here for the interview but that's okay. I do not worry about it...

She cant take multiple vacations and we already planned one in August before we fly to the US together...

And yeah I make sure I have all required by that 12 steps....just having questions about this number 6 step which is this financial support from US citizen...

So I hope if we do a letter of employment, W-2, 2017 tax return, bank statement and filled I-134 Form it will be enough for step 6.

Did you do all of that too or like didn't do something from this list? Because it says like we can do something one, not all like I want to have for just in case in this step 6...

And how did you guys scheduled a marriage registration there in the US? How does it work? Because I see you already sent docs for AOS and only married one week before that.

How did you do so quickly? Please advise how it works and what is required to apply for an AOS

Thanks!!!

That's a lot to tell in one sitting :). Visajourney has a guide under immigration guide. After you get to apply for Social security...

A) Go with your fiance to the local courthouse and get a marriage license

b) go to an officiant and have them sign the license

c) then if you are able to take that marriage license to the same courthouse and have it registered and they can then either sell you the certified copies of the marriage certificate.

these steps are usually the same everywhere, but i am talking about Alabama. Some other states allow for being married and all in the same courthouse.

I also got a bank letter with the letterhead from my bank or credit union stating the amount of deposits in either checking and savings. It's called certificate of deposits. Just in case. Didn't need them, but had them. I made well over 100% of the 2018 poverty guide line needed for a k-1

Timeline
On 6/2/2018 at 4:17 PM, DmytriiD said:

Thanks!!!

https://ua.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/151/Interview-checklist-K1.pdf

Checklist :) Look at p.14

". Evidence of support – from your American fiancé(e) – Affidavit of Support I-134 with the most recent tax return and/or W-2.". 

But of course, it doesn't hurt if you haveEmployment letter and bank statements as well. You should be fine :)

Timeline
On 03.06.2018 at 2:50 AM, Alabamak1 said:

That's a lot to tell in one sitting :). Visajourney has a guide under immigration guide. After you get to apply for Social security...

A) Go with your fiance to the local courthouse and get a marriage license

b) go to an officiant and have them sign the license

c) then if you are able to take that marriage license to the same courthouse and have it registered and they can then either sell you the certified copies of the marriage certificate.

these steps are usually the same everywhere, but i am talking about Alabama. Some other states allow for being married and all in the same courthouse.

I also got a bank letter with the letterhead from my bank or credit union stating the amount of deposits in either checking and savings. It's called certificate of deposits. Just in case. Didn't need them, but had them. I made well over 100% of the 2018 poverty guide line needed for a k-1

Hi again :)

I have my medical exam scheduled for tomorrow but our case is still at NVC, but I got KEV number over the phone.

So as I understand I still can go to the medical and all I need is this number, right? 

So I don't need to wait for "ready" status for medical exam... !?

Thank you!

Timeline
24 minutes ago, DmytriiD said:

Hi again :)

I have my medical exam scheduled for tomorrow but our case is still at NVC, but I got KEV number over the phone.

So as I understand I still can go to the medical and all I need is this number, right? 

So I don't need to wait for "ready" status for medical exam... !?

Thank you!

No need to wait for 'ready" to schedule your medical - once you have your KEV #, yes - you are good to go to get your medical done.

To schedule your interview - wait till the Embassy contacts you.

Technically, you can schedule your interview once your case is in Kiev and the status has changed to "ready", but they don't really like it. And it's been reported here that people were getting phone calls from the Embassy or their interview got cancellations due to scheduling interviews BEFORE the Embassy contacted them.

P.S. Some tips.... Medical place can be really busy. But you have to be done by certain time.. So, once registration/payment part is over and you are allowed to start your exam, don't go where everyone goes. :)  What i mean - there is no certain 'order" for medical exam. Just the physician is the final part. The rest - you are free to go in order you like. So, if you see there are a lot of people got in line for blood test, then  take a second to see where are less people at the moment and go there.. it will save you a lot of time!

Good luck tomorrow with your medical!!!

Timeline
1 hour ago, Ksenia_O said:

No need to wait for 'ready" to schedule your medical - once you have your KEV #, yes - you are good to go to get your medical done.

To schedule your interview - wait till the Embassy contacts you.

Technically, you can schedule your interview once your case is in Kiev and the status has changed to "ready", but they don't really like it. And it's been reported here that people were getting phone calls from the Embassy or their interview got cancellations due to scheduling interviews BEFORE the Embassy contacted them.

P.S. Some tips.... Medical place can be really busy. But you have to be done by certain time.. So, once registration/payment part is over and you are allowed to start your exam, don't go where everyone goes. :)  What i mean - there is no certain 'order" for medical exam. Just the physician is the final part. The rest - you are free to go in order you like. So, if you see there are a lot of people got in line for blood test, then  take a second to see where are less people at the moment and go there.. it will save you a lot of time!

Good luck tomorrow with your medical!!!

Thank you!!!

Okay will wait till Embassy contacts me...do they usually call or send email or send a regular mail?

Timeline
20 minutes ago, DmytriiD said:

Thank you!!!

Okay will wait till Embassy contacts me...do they usually call or send email or send a regular mail?

I got a regular mail. But it was in 2014. My friend - email., last year.  And seems like the Embassy prefers emails these days.

But I'd say it still can be either one :) 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.