dwheels76

NVC Filers - June 2018

1,677 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

So, I received two messages from the NVC on May 24th - one asking me to resubmit my birth certificate (which I did within 30 min) and the other one was to additionally submit my husbands W2 under my beneficiary's section of civil documents (which I also did within 30 min).

I have not heard back from the NVC so far - do you guys know what the current process is? Does that mean the package goes back to the bottom of the pile?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
26 minutes ago, ramesesthe2nd said:

While waiting for NVC to assign me a case number,  I noticed that my IRS transcripts for 2017 just became available. I am assuming that now I can just send tax transcripts for 2017, 2016 and 2015. No need to send them 1040 with all attachments and a copy of W2. Is that correct?

Yes

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
4 hours ago, R&OC said:

So, I received two messages from the NVC on May 24th - one asking me to resubmit my birth certificate (which I did within 30 min) and the other one was to additionally submit my husbands W2 under my beneficiary's section of civil documents (which I also did within 30 min).

I have not heard back from the NVC so far - do you guys know what the current process is? Does that mean the package goes back to the bottom of the pile?

Sadly, I think so. I recall another Canuck here having gotten a checklist since May 10 and didn't hear back for several weeks. Hope it's different for you. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

hi all ,

our case was received on aril 24th and stil no case number:(

I have query ..

do we need both passport clearance certificate and Police clearnce cenrtificate at the time of sending to NVC or interviw?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
15 minutes ago, reem said:

hi all ,

I have query ..

do we need both passport clearance certificate and Police clearnce cenrtificate at the time of sending to NVC or interviw?

only 6 weeks have passed since your case was received by the NVC, wait upto another 2 weeks ;)

In the form you will fill in next (DS-260), they will ask you for the addresses you have lived at, since age 16.

If  you have lived in any of those countries for 6 months or more, you will need a police certificate from that country and also your current country of residence(and your country of nationality). 

police cert specifications for NVC.png

NOA1: 7th June 2017

NOA2: 31st January 2018

Sent from USCIS: 12th February 2018

Received by NVC: 16th February 2018

Started telling me they never received petition since: 22nd march 2018

Started saying they magically received petition: 26th March 2018

"there is no time frame for case number assignment": 18th May 2018

Case number assigned & fees sent: 22nd May 2018

Fees "PAID": 27th May

AOS & DS-260 with Civil Documents submitted online: 3rd June 2018

Case Complete: 14th June 2018

Received email with interview date scheduled: 12th July 2018.

Interview @ Dublin embassy: 2nd August 2018 DENIED!  (421 days since NOA1). 

(incorrect spelling and missing middle name on police certs)

31st August: did my 2nd medical cert, because 1st one expired.

14th September: official APPROVED.

Currently: waiting for DPD courier to tell me my visa is ready for collection at my local depot.

Timeline
1 hour ago, THE J'S said:

only 6 weeks have passed since your case was received by the NVC, wait upto another 2 weeks ;)

In the form you will fill in next (DS-260), they will ask you for the addresses you have lived at, since age 16.

If  you have lived in any of those countries for 6 months or more, you will need a police certificate from that country and also your current country of residence(and your country of nationality). 

police cert specifications for NVC.png

thanks for the update,how about passport clearance certificate?

Timeline
5 minutes ago, reem said:

I have not heard of that.

The police office in the countries you're requesting a police certification from, might required a certified photocopy of your Photo ID(passport), but not NVC to my knowledge.

The US citizen needs proof that they are a US citizen in their AOS documents, which a passport and birth certificate proves.

But only the person immigrating to the US needs the 'police certifications'.

Currently: waiting for DPD courier to tell me my visa is ready for collection at my local depot.

Hi, I was an Au pair in the USA for two years. How would I go about getting a police certificate from the USA ? Or would there be no need for that? 

Thanks in advance 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Serrano101 said:

Hi, I was an Au pair in the USA for two years. How would I go about getting a police certificate from the USA ? Or would there be no need for that? 

Thanks in advance 

Police Certificates from the US are not required.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
8 hours ago, R&OC said:

Donc, j'ai reçu deux messages de la CNV le 24 mai - l'un me demandant de resoumettre mon certificat de naissance (que j'ai fait dans les 30 minutes) et l'autre était de soumettre mes maris W2 sous la section des documents civils de mon bénéficiaire. aussi fait dans les 30 minutes).

Je n'ai pas encore reçu de réponse de la CNV - savez-vous quel est le processus actuel? Cela signifie-t-il que l'emballage revient au fond de la pile?

Yes, i have a same thing, cheklist 10 may, submitted the documents the same date ,i received CC 30 may (pivot cas)

Timeline
6 minutes ago, missileman said:

Police Certificates from the US are not required.

luckily!!!!

Because police certifications from the FBI take about 2 months to obtain!!! FML:dead:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
Just now, THE J'S said:

luckily!!!!

Because police certifications from the FBI take about 2 months to obtain!!! FML:dead:

Yes, I know..lol.......i had to get one when I had a Taiwan alien resident card........

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
41 minutes ago, reem said:

You need to obtain police clearance certificate from passport seva (nearest passport office) by scheduling your appointment online. Although many say that local police clearance certificate is not required, I got one just in case :D 

My timeline

ROC

6-08-20 I-751 Package sent

6-09-20 I-751 Package received 

06-15-20 Received text with receipt number (MSC-XXX)

06-16-20 Check cashed 

07-09-20 Called USCIS to enquire about NOA-1. Was told it was sent on 07-01-20.

07-11-20 Received 18-month extension letter NOA dated 06-30-20

05-03-20 Received Biometric Appointment scheduled for May24th (NY/NJ area)

CR-1

6-16-17 I-130 sent 

6-20-17 received NOA 1 Texas Service Center

1-24-18 NOA 2 approved 

2-23-18 NVC Received my case

3-30-18 Case Number Assigned

4-3-18 Welcome Letter email from NVC

4-4-18 Paid AOS and IV Fees 

4-10-18 Sent AOS package and Civil Documents 

4-11-18 NVC Processed all fees and Completed D260 form 

4-12-18 NVC Received packet 

4-13-18 NVC Scanned all documents

4-25-18 Case Complete at NVC ("At NVC")

4-26-18 Interview Scheduled (I called to find out

4-28-18 Received P4 from NVC

6-15-18 Interview Date! 

221G given on interview

6-26-18 Issued (Finally!)

3 hours ago, reem said:

hi all ,

I have query ..

My case was received 25th so one day after you. Called today and nothing in the system yet.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.