dwheels76

NVC Filers - June 2018

1,677 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, rajeejunie said:

I think the embassy has a final say in reviewing and approving. Sometimes NVC approves but if the reason isn't valid or if embassy cannot find earlier dates, they can refuse. 

If the reason is valid enough,NVC approves expedite and skips all NVC process and send our file to our embassy and we have to submit everything at the interview.i think we can make appointment by ourself just like k1 visa or by contacting embassy. I think @Beast8 might be helpful to him.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
43 minutes ago, CR1Journey2017 said:

Pivot case, we're on BD 19, no news. called a few times in the past week or so, same message every time - currently it's taking 6 weeks to process and they cannot provide any updates until the case has been reviewed. 

I thought after pivot cases get their case number the process goes faster. ☹☹

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
35 minutes ago, Nitha said:

If the reason is valid enough,NVC approves expedite and skips all NVC process and send our file to our embassy and we have to submit everything at the interview.i think we can make appointment by ourself just like k1 visa or by contacting embassy. I think @Beast8 might be helpful to him.

Quite possible :) 

My timeline

ROC

6-08-20 I-751 Package sent

6-09-20 I-751 Package received 

06-15-20 Received text with receipt number (MSC-XXX)

06-16-20 Check cashed 

07-09-20 Called USCIS to enquire about NOA-1. Was told it was sent on 07-01-20.

07-11-20 Received 18-month extension letter NOA dated 06-30-20

05-03-20 Received Biometric Appointment scheduled for May24th (NY/NJ area)

CR-1

6-16-17 I-130 sent 

6-20-17 received NOA 1 Texas Service Center

1-24-18 NOA 2 approved 

2-23-18 NVC Received my case

3-30-18 Case Number Assigned

4-3-18 Welcome Letter email from NVC

4-4-18 Paid AOS and IV Fees 

4-10-18 Sent AOS package and Civil Documents 

4-11-18 NVC Processed all fees and Completed D260 form 

4-12-18 NVC Received packet 

4-13-18 NVC Scanned all documents

4-25-18 Case Complete at NVC ("At NVC")

4-26-18 Interview Scheduled (I called to find out

4-28-18 Received P4 from NVC

6-15-18 Interview Date! 

221G given on interview

6-26-18 Issued (Finally!)

Got an e-mail from NVC today exactly one week after submitting the documents (May 25th), to re-upload a document and upload a new one (w2 form). Very fast replay. I was not expecting it to be in 1 week. We are close to get our case complete, I assume. Submitting the documents today again! Fingers crossed. Pivot case! :) 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Non-pivot case Juarez at NVC

I-130 Arrived at NVC 4/9/18

Then told me that 8 weeks from then there would be a case number.  Its now the eighth week.  I think I am headed towards a supervisor review.... Oh boy...That is 8 more weeks right?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
1 hour ago, Saaniya said:

People with latest case and invoice numbers please keep updating.. gives an idea as to when to expect ours. Thanku!

Nvc received my case on March 30. 8 weeks later i get my # and invoice by phone

Filed: EB-4 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

This is how my processing has gone so far for a non-pivot case from South Africa.

NVC received case 23 March 2018

Case # received on 18 May

Ds-261 submitted 18 May

Invoice Issued for IV Fee 29 May

Payment made for IV fee 29 May

Status of payment changed from 'in process' to 'paid' on 1 June

Ds-260 submitted 2 June

My application is exempt from AOS fee and documents. Hope this helps

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
3 hours ago, Saaniya said:

People with latest case and invoice numbers please keep updating.. gives an idea as to when to expect ours. Thanku!

You will get it latest by 8 weeks.Though being non pivot I got it on the week 9..You will get your case number soon.Good luck!!

Filed: Other Country: Romania
Timeline

Got a checklist from NVC on 4/18/2018 that they have received all our civil documents  and only thing missing is waiver approval notification from USCIS. Waiver was approved mid February. USCIS says the sent the approval NVC says they never received. Did 3 requests with USCIS all coming back saying that they sent the approval to NVC in February. NVC has not received it. Tried several time to do an infopass appointment with USCIS - not able to. Finally reached to congressman they did a formal inquiry, supervisor at NVC sent request to USCIS on 5/25/2018. I have called again today and they still had  no answer  from USCIS.  (I have sent copies of the approval to NVC, but they want it directly from USCIS).

I am so discouraged, I don't know what else to do.  I want a CC so bad .

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.