dwheels76

NVC Filers - June 2018

1,677 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
10 minutes ago, ramesesthe2nd said:

NVC received it on May 2nd. As far as I can tell, CEAC is just the name of their online system. There is no separate CEAC entity.

They sure did make it appear so, on both occasions. Petition was approved April 19th, I would call, press option 5 and they would say how NVC received it May 2nd, but CEAC got it on the 6th or 9th ( Can't remember) and to count 8 weeks from that date. They are really getting on my nerves, but all the same congratulations! Always nice to see people get through each obstacle. I would like to volunteer as tribute, next, though hahahaha :jest:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, Herostratus said:

This is what happened to me with the marriage certificate. Did you replace the bad copy or upload a new copy in supplementary document section?

I replaced the bad one with a new scan of the passport page. I submitted this May 30th. Still waiting to hear back.

Filed: EB-4 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline
3 hours ago, Joelbincythomas said:

Guys anyone knows whats the difference between ATTN: CMR and ATTN: DR on the NVC cover sheet ?

I had exactly the same question. I guess you are a non-pivot case just like us? What I can tell you is that we wrote ATTN: DR on our envelope, while the cover page says ATTN: CMR. This was by accident. The address is the same so I guess our documents will reach the correct department at NVC.

I'll documents reached NVC today according to the USPS tracking service. Does anyone know what happens next when NVC receives non-pivot cases' documents? Must we call or will the CEAC website say anything?

16 minutes ago, C.A.R. said:

I replaced the bad one with a new scan of the passport page. I submitted this May 30th. Still waiting to hear back.

There doesn't seem to be any logical reason why some cases get reviewed immediately after a checklist and some get sent to the back of the line again.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
9 minutes ago, TheVans said:

I had exactly the same question. I guess you are a non-pivot case just like us? What I can tell you is that we wrote ATTN: DR on our envelope, while the cover page says ATTN: CMR. This was by accident. The address is the same so I guess our documents will reach the correct department at NVC.

I'll documents reached NVC today according to the USPS tracking service. Does anyone know what happens next when NVC receives non-pivot cases' documents? Must we call or will the CEAC website say anything?

Once your papers have reached, NVC scans it into their system. That is essentially your "scan date". Call NVC tmr and ask if the papers you sent have been received and scanned into the system. 

Edited by rajeejunie

My timeline

ROC

6-08-20 I-751 Package sent

6-09-20 I-751 Package received 

06-15-20 Received text with receipt number (MSC-XXX)

06-16-20 Check cashed 

07-09-20 Called USCIS to enquire about NOA-1. Was told it was sent on 07-01-20.

07-11-20 Received 18-month extension letter NOA dated 06-30-20

05-03-20 Received Biometric Appointment scheduled for May24th (NY/NJ area)

CR-1

6-16-17 I-130 sent 

6-20-17 received NOA 1 Texas Service Center

1-24-18 NOA 2 approved 

2-23-18 NVC Received my case

3-30-18 Case Number Assigned

4-3-18 Welcome Letter email from NVC

4-4-18 Paid AOS and IV Fees 

4-10-18 Sent AOS package and Civil Documents 

4-11-18 NVC Processed all fees and Completed D260 form 

4-12-18 NVC Received packet 

4-13-18 NVC Scanned all documents

4-25-18 Case Complete at NVC ("At NVC")

4-26-18 Interview Scheduled (I called to find out

4-28-18 Received P4 from NVC

6-15-18 Interview Date! 

221G given on interview

6-26-18 Issued (Finally!)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Herostratus said:

There doesn't seem to be any logical reason why some cases get reviewed immediately after a checklist and some get sent to the back of the line again.

I know. It’s super frustrating. Everything is just so unpredictable. :(

Timeline
56 minutes ago, rajeejunie said:

Lol you are actually lucky considering that Nebraska usually takes no less than 250 days on average to approve I130 petition. :) Hang in there!

Oh is it.. then i was lucky there got approved in 188 days.. but this nvc case number wait seems never ending. Hoping to get it soon. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Saaniya said:

Oh is it.. then i was lucky there got approved in 188 days.. but this nvc case number wait seems never ending. Hoping to get it soon. 

Yup so hang in there you may get it any moment :) 

My timeline

ROC

6-08-20 I-751 Package sent

6-09-20 I-751 Package received 

06-15-20 Received text with receipt number (MSC-XXX)

06-16-20 Check cashed 

07-09-20 Called USCIS to enquire about NOA-1. Was told it was sent on 07-01-20.

07-11-20 Received 18-month extension letter NOA dated 06-30-20

05-03-20 Received Biometric Appointment scheduled for May24th (NY/NJ area)

CR-1

6-16-17 I-130 sent 

6-20-17 received NOA 1 Texas Service Center

1-24-18 NOA 2 approved 

2-23-18 NVC Received my case

3-30-18 Case Number Assigned

4-3-18 Welcome Letter email from NVC

4-4-18 Paid AOS and IV Fees 

4-10-18 Sent AOS package and Civil Documents 

4-11-18 NVC Processed all fees and Completed D260 form 

4-12-18 NVC Received packet 

4-13-18 NVC Scanned all documents

4-25-18 Case Complete at NVC ("At NVC")

4-26-18 Interview Scheduled (I called to find out

4-28-18 Received P4 from NVC

6-15-18 Interview Date! 

221G given on interview

6-26-18 Issued (Finally!)

2 hours ago, ramesesthe2nd said:

Just received CASE NUMBER from NVC. I am shaking. I think I am fainitng...... YAY!!!!!!

Big congratulations to you. I was closely monitoring your timeline. Mine is getting closer. Nvc received date is 05/14. To all colleagues waiting, there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline
24 minutes ago, Bashnapa1 said:

Big congratulations to you. I was closely monitoring your timeline. Mine is getting closer. Nvc received date is 05/14. To all colleagues waiting, there is light at the end of the tunnel.

05/15! We’ll see 

MY JOURNEY INTO GETTING A FIRST-TIME GREEN CARD, RENEWING A GREEN CARD, AND OBTAINING U.S. CITIZENSHIP:

I-130: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2020/08/23/my-spouse-visa-process-and-timeline-ir1-cr1/ From Colombia 🇨🇴

I-751: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2020/09/12/i-751-joint-petition-to-remove-conditions-on-residence/From Japan 🇯🇵 (Military spouse overseas)

N-400: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2022/08/03/3430/ From Japan 🇯🇵 

BLOG:  https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/inmigr/   

1 hour ago, LadyTT357 said:

They sure did make it appear so, on both occasions. Petition was approved April 19th, I would call, press option 5 and they would say how NVC received it May 2nd, but CEAC got it on the 6th or 9th ( Can't remember) and to count 8 weeks from that date. They are really getting on my nerves, but all the same congratulations! Always nice to see people get through each obstacle. I would like to volunteer as tribute, next, though hahahaha :jest:

What number are you calling ? My husband is telling me he doesn’t get to chose an option just 1 for English 

Thanks in advance 

5 minutes ago, Serrano101 said:

What number are you calling ? My husband is telling me he doesn’t get to chose an option just 1 for English 

Thanks in advance 

603-334-0700 

Pick Option 1 for English Or Option 2 for Spanish.

THEN

Pick Option 2 for Non-Pivot case Or Option 5 for Pivot case.

Ladies and Gentlemen, Welcome to the 2018 Waiting Games.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.